PDA

View Full Version : Hit 'FULL SCREEN' and crank the volume !

proguide66
03-22-2012, 08:12 PM
:twisted: http://youtu.be/EE7CugV03u4

BlacktailStalker
03-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :cool:

OutWest
03-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Great stuff!

RiverBear
03-22-2012, 08:37 PM
HAHAHAHA thats frickin awesome!!!

BiG Boar
03-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Hit Full Screen, crank the volume, and then hit pause so it will download without stopping every 20 seconds. So far so good though! Looks like fun.

proguide66
03-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Hit Full Screen, crank the volume, and then hit pause so it will download without stopping every 20 seconds. So far so good though! Looks like fun.
ya , dont want it to be interupted to get the full flav...

yama49
03-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Awesome steve, looked like a blast.. I love hearing those hogs screaming..lol Looks like you r getting serious about filming, awesome job..

Haywire
03-22-2012, 08:52 PM
im jealous.

chainsaw
03-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Now thats what i wanna do for my birthday party.

snareman1234
03-22-2012, 09:03 PM
GREAT!! you spelt AVDENTURE at the end though...not adventure

Good Old Outdoors
03-22-2012, 09:13 PM
YEAH!!! GET SOME lol
Looks like a riot!

fuzzy
03-22-2012, 09:37 PM
That looks like a ton of fun and i would love to have a go at it if i ever had the opprotunity. I had a good chuckle at the part where the hardcore hunter, with his hardcore camo outfit, goes to his hardcore camo quad and swing his hardcore unlaced boots over it efff that is soooooo hardcore. Good camera guy though.

I know pigs squeal, that they squeal alot. I also know that they are vermin in the states. Mice were vermin in our crawl space when i was a kid, didnt mean i liked to hear them squeal when i popped em with my pellet gun.

If you enjoy hearing an animal suffer you are peice of shit. Period. Exclamation Point

Nice effort on tryin to take the running pig, that would have been intense!

Dont know if Proguide made this video or not and i have greatly enjoyed following his wolftrapping and many of his other posts.

I "Hit FULL SCREEN and cranked the volume!

The first time i watched the video it came off as a " blast em watch em scream douche bag" video then i read what i wrote in response and then i watched it a couple of more times without dog barking and wife distracting me, i have now heavily edited my post and appreciate the efforts that went into the video.

Fuzzy

ianwuzhere
03-22-2012, 09:47 PM
I have to say Fuzzy that i had the same impression as to the respect type thing..

But if its proguide or whoever made the film my hats off cuz its a great film. From everything to the camera near the atv wheel and mud splashing and on to the next scent to unloading on the pig in the field. On the bright side it could have been wounded on the first shot and they did make a solid effort to put the animal down in many, many, follow up shots.. You will no doubt get negative feedback from some people, but you showed it how it is and thats why i give it two thumbs up..

Good job on an action packed film, keep em comin!!

proguide66
03-22-2012, 10:19 PM
I made the video.......and was there filming and shooting. It is absolutely impossible to make everyone happy..after years of loading vids up , its easy to see human patterns..some get happy easy , some get miserable.
To make it clear what you saw , the 'pig screaming' was dubbed in after purchasing it on 'POND5'...you can probably find it.
There is no 'atempting' to make anyone look 'hardcore' its all how YOU look at and percieve things. The shot on the trailer was from the beginning of a turkey hunt and the boots are soley for snake bite detouring.....the electric buggy's are the souths version of our quads.....and very handy as turkeys roost and you want to be silent.
As for the loud music , it is favourable stuff to get the blood pumping........
Hogs mature at 6 months and each sow has 3 liters a year each. The destruction is unreal and its impossible to keep up on em. The only difference between them and the praries ground squirels is weight.......and they are fun as shit to shoot........
The guy unloading his clip was a 'first timer' and shooting those heavy units free hand isnt easy....and there was ZERO pig squeeling in the original.
However , I would like to 'discourage' 'douchy' comments about the guys in the film and what they are wearing and using as they are stand up guys like every one of us and dont deserve to be bashed as there is nothing there to fuel it.....kinda like women picking apart other women in the mall for how they look maybe?:razz:

Next one will be on Kodiak next week , I'll try to make the 'hardcoreness' of it more 'geeky'...haha:lol:

fuzzy
03-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Lookin forward to the next vid from kodiak. I have a knee jerk reaction to head to toe camo. There are plenty of laughable tards sporting it as well as browning buckmarks on there trucks in my are that dont even hunt and are douches. Hmmm maybe i am a pissy bitch tonite and need to go to the mall and people watch and be critical to get it out of my system:???::mrgreen:

Fuzzy

greasysidedown
03-22-2012, 10:42 PM
As you said "you can't make everyone happy"....Keep up the good work.

Krico
03-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Wow does that look like fun!!! Love watching the laser sight line up on piggy before the shot. Thanks for sharing.

SR80
03-23-2012, 07:13 AM
someone needs to teach them how to shoot

The Dude
03-23-2012, 07:27 AM
Weak.
If you're gonna kill it, kill it.
And yes, feral pigs should be wiped out, but don't post up fodder for the Petticoats.
Nothing should suffer just because it's tough enough to survive. Kill it quick.
JMHO

rocksteady
03-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Two thumbs up Steve !!!

Real documentation as to how it really happens with this sort of "vermin control"...

If the anti's don't like it F%&* em...

We do not need to sugar coat everything to please them just cause they can't face reality.....No different than how everyone was gorging themselves on store bought beef until the "undercover hidden video" exposees appeared on TV showing what really goes on behind the big steel doors of a slaughter house...

Keep it up Proguide.....

As for the naysayers ! Support our hunting heritage, don't slag each other...If its not your cup of tea, don't watch it...

sparkes3
03-23-2012, 08:30 AM
good video

shoot2kill
03-23-2012, 09:13 AM
"and I was begging someone NOT to shoot me!!!!!!!"
Thats the best line in the film right there!!!
That was pretty cool, I'd love to do that some day!

fuzzybiscuit
03-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Well, this fuzzy enjoyed the vid. Two thumbs up ProGuide!

I find it funny; some peoples knee-jerk reactions to posts/video that they don't agree with. Why do they feel the need to call others names just to get their point across? Try some restraint and think before you post.

This is the way that I look at it. I don't necessarily have the same beliefs as the well dressed religious folks that feel the need to knock on my door at 9am on a weekend morning, but I don't jump out of bed, tromp downstairs, flail the door open and start call them every name under the sun. I may feel like it, but in the end I would just look like the idiot.

It's no wonder that the vast majority of members on here will never post a picture and rarely ever comment on a topic, and yet they are on here every day. It's just not worth it to them and that is the real loss to everyone on this site.

Cheers, the other "Fuzzy".

The Dude
03-23-2012, 12:30 PM
There's nothing "Knee Jerk" about it , Fuzzy, unless you include your post.
The Antis have enough to try to hang us with, without serving it up to them on a silver platter.
Again, JMHO.
I love Steve's Wolf Trapping threads, his vids on Sheep hunting, all of it. But if you're gonna take a life, any life, make it quick.
Nothing "deserves" to die, but sometimes we decide the time and place, because, in all honesty, it serves our purpose.
Let's not make it easy for the Bunny Huggers, is my point. That's all.

proguide66
03-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Its all good you guys! Everyone of us can be cranky at times , especially ME!:mrgreen:
A hunting forum should be the safest place for us to be and share our shit and be safe doing so.
Its pretty obvious I lead my own nose just by the fact I am willing to put my face , name and town on youtube plastered all over strangling wolves to death......I'm far from scared or sensitive to ridicule;-)
Fuzzy is a good dude as well of the rest of you dorks !

I am still in my learning curve with this new cam and gear , its only going to get better! I am going to make another version of that video with the same content , delivered differently to show you guys how easy it is to manipulate humans ( just in from training my horses today and realising we arent much different).
Hopefully you guys will give praise OR shit on me with future stuff , will help me along !.... BUT - keep in mind if something I post offends you I'm not going to be sensitive to you either !!....just dont watch...:razz:

I am all about input...to help them get better and better !! its impossible to shame me into hiding something so might as well keep it to yourself as you will more than likely get hammered on by guys willing to do so...wich turns it into crap.....
Help me make em cool !!!!!:-D

Ozone
03-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Good vid. Is there a prefered weapon/caliber for hogs?

Gateholio
03-23-2012, 12:43 PM
I can't help but think of this guy

http://images.wikia.com/roadwarrior/images/4/49/2012-01-21_152719.png

:) :)

proguide66
03-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Here's a quicky on 'delivery' with videos. Was watching Suzukies show ( by accident) one night. Some ass from the Kooteneys was showing a film on wildlife over there and he made it along the same flavor/delivery as David Suzukie does ( spelling?) anyway , he drops 'sensitive' muysic , shows an osprey flying around a lake with water skiers in the background.Then shows its nest with water skiers in the background. THEN , the F-HEAD narrarates " with mans encroachment the osprey has to fly further and further to find food for its young" with dramatic music.
My point is 'delivery'. That pric COULD have said " seeing an osprey STILL nesting along humans and obviously finding enough fish to feed its young while water skiers share the waters is an obvious fact that we can co exist"....see my point....its not necasarily the content , but how its delivered !!! ( I have zero respect for Suzukies show after that one)...:-?

proguide66
03-23-2012, 12:47 PM
I can't help but think of this guy

http://images.wikia.com/roadwarrior/images/4/49/2012-01-21_152719.png

:) :)
isnt that you shaved??

Gateholio
03-23-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm sure someone will understand the reference. :)

The Dude
03-23-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm sure someone will. :mrgreen:

proguide66
03-23-2012, 01:00 PM
ok , gotta let us in on it , who is it?

rocksteady
03-23-2012, 01:04 PM
I don't get it ???

Sitkaspruce
03-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Steve

Any of those hogs taste good?? Do they go on the BBQ and smoker??

How come there is just a glance at that woman with the gun????? I would thought you would have been following her all night.....:mrgreen:

Thanks for showing how it is......

Cheers

SS

proguide66
03-23-2012, 02:21 PM
ha , its my buddies wife ! she's a hog killer to ! They basically feed the community there! The meat is great. I 'was' going to bring some back but after 80 degree weather , 500 ticks jumping off em and them smelling like hell I kinda wasnt 'into' dealing with it and lugging it through 3 flights. Thankfully I didnt as my flight got delayed in Birm ingham and I woulda had a nervouse breakdown packing it around as well as my shit !
New version loading..same footage with 'extras' , different sound effects...funny how it changes the whole thing..but still 'exact' same shooting wich shows zero suffering....

huntcoop
03-23-2012, 02:47 PM
http://www.robertgrubb.com/MadMax_029.jpg

proguide66
03-23-2012, 03:04 PM
ok , new version is loading on youtube...will be an eyhe opener to show how easy 'sounds' alone can effect people. Same footage with added footage...no suffering , lol...watch to the end as the ending is new as well.
I'm out the door with binos,gun and sled for a bit so if someone wants to post it when its loaded giver !

Islandbowhunter
03-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Why doesn't the pig die more quickly? Shot placement / calibre / or are they just amazingly tough? Seems like a protracted death.

ElectricDyck
03-23-2012, 04:03 PM
....kinda like women picking apart other women in the mall for how they look maybe?:razz:

Welcome to HBC! .........Awesome vid, I cranked it loud enough the wife came down to see what was screaming!:mrgreen:

Moose63
03-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Proguide66;

I prefer your videos where you give a narrative of how you plan and execute the hunt (like the wolf vids). Music blasting away makes just a visual experience.

Keep it up though!

ThinAir
03-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Cool stuff. Are the pigs not afraid of the flashlight beam? I'm assuming that's the main light source the camera is picking out. I know pugs are pretty skiddish... just seems funny that they are that calm with a million candle power pointed at there heads!

I'd love to do that someday! Thanks for posting PG

proguide66
03-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Actually , its all infra red. There is 'aluminators' on each Ar15. An 'aluminator' is an enhancer , like a flashlight you cant see in the drk.On the second video you can see the infra red beam shine from a trail cam to the left of the hogs.
The laser sight you see is on a military guys AR and it is invisible as well illegal for civilian use.
He had a helmut with the drop down infra red eye piece and aimed from the hip with his laser sight...all pitch black to the naked eye...wild shit !
The shit I could pull off over a dead cow on a frozen lake in wolf country with those toys !!!:twisted:

Also,we had a night vision scope with an aluminator on it mounted on a regualr Cannon video cam then on a tripod..the cam also had its own night vision and when I flicked it on it gave us grey aned black vision , still pitch black to the naked eye.
Only bad thing is the light from the video screen lights up your face and chest so you reveal yourself to stuff while lining it all up.

ThinAir
03-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Wow. That is some cool shizat!:)

Islandbowhunter
03-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Looks like a .30 cal might be a better choice?

gunpower
03-24-2012, 05:15 PM
awfull shooting if you ask me!!

JoelC
03-24-2012, 06:31 PM
awfull shooting if you ask me!!

No one asked you if I can tell, but your opinion is noted and that awful shooting that you are talking about killed 11 out of 12 hogs that night and yes that hog was killed that your comment is referring to. You should fly down and try it and we can see how good you can shoot with a 14 lbs rifle shooting free hand at a running hog. It just amazes me how some of you can sit behind your screens and bash people that you know nothing about, I can guarantee you that most of you would keep your mouths shut if confronted face to face. I never say anything on this forum but some of you just struck a cord with me, sorry for venting on you gunpower but until you try it its best not to knock it, my opinion only, just like your entitled to yours.

Some of you have asked about the caliber of the guns that are used, they are all .308, every gun has hand loaded bullets that best shoots out of each individual gun, most of the guns like 150 grain ttsx. We have found that this bullet seems to work the best on these hogs. Some of you asked if the hogs were tough, and the answer is yes they are very tough, if the shot placement is not perfect the hog will run off just like anything else but these hogs can take a lot and can keep going. Until switching to the ttsx most hogs took two shots to bring down, (Big one consist of 350 lbs) after the bullet switch most hogs are dropped on the first shot. If you have any other questions please ask proguide or myself.
Just another adder to this comment, these hogs that some of you are so worried about squealing, which was back ground noise added to the video. Those comments shows that you have never done this type of hunting and know nothing about hog hunting because you could have tailed that it was added. Hogs don't sound like that in the wild especially that loud, but anyway back to my educational piece. Hogs caused $54 million dollars worth of crop damage in the state of Texas alone last year, not to mention the other states. We as hunters only kill 20% of the hogs, that leaves 80% that we are not doing anything about or can't do anything about unless more hunters start hunting them. Unless more people start hunting them or they come up with a drug to control their breeding we will never catch up with them. Sorry for the venting, but us REDNECKS aren't bad guys

harbinger
03-25-2012, 11:39 AM
No one asked you if I can tell, but your opinion is noted and that awful shooting that you are talking about killed 11 out of 12 hogs that night and yes that hog was killed that your comment is referring to. You should fly down and try it and we can see how good you can shoot with a 14 lbs rifle shooting free hand at a running hog. It just amazes me how some of you can sit behind your screens and bash people that you know nothing about, I can guarantee you that most of you would keep your mouths shut if confronted face to face. I never say anything on this forum but some of you just struck a cord with me, sorry for venting on you gunpower but until you try it its best not to knock it, my opinion only, just like your entitled to yours.

Some of you have asked about the caliber of the guns that are used, they are all .308, every gun has hand loaded bullets that best shoots out of each individual gun, most of the guns like 150 grain ttsx. We have found that this bullet seems to work the best on these hogs. Some of you asked if the hogs were tough, and the answer is yes they are very tough, if the shot placement is not perfect the hog will run off just like anything else but these hogs can take a lot and can keep going. Until switching to the ttsx most hogs took two shots to bring down, (Big one consist of 350 lbs) after the bullet switch most hogs are dropped on the first shot. If you have any other questions please ask proguide or myself.
Just another adder to this comment, these hogs that some of you are so worried about squealing, which was back ground noise added to the video. Those comments shows that you have never done this type of hunting and know nothing about hog hunting because you could have tailed that it was added. Hogs don't sound like that in the wild especially that loud, but anyway back to my educational piece. Hogs caused $54 million dollars worth of crop damage in the state of Texas alone last year, not to mention the other states. We as hunters only kill 20% of the hogs, that leaves 80% that we are not doing anything about or can't do anything about unless more hunters start hunting them. Unless more people start hunting them or they come up with a drug to control their breeding we will never catch up with them. Sorry for the venting, but us REDNECKS aren't bad guys
How are those hogs for eating?

JoelC
03-25-2012, 12:55 PM
They are good to eat, very lean meat.

dino
03-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Just plain awsome! Dont sell out to the wimps, this is for the most part the truth and I love the honesty. Stay hardcore and we will stay for more!