PDA

View Full Version : Inflatable hunting boats

yugo111
03-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Hey guys Im trying to find out whats the best and most durable inflatable boat a guy can purchase, I would be using it on fly in trips so waight is a bit off a factor any help would be greatly apriciated thanks

NitwiT
03-20-2012, 09:17 PM
the sevylor fishhunter is the toughest inflatable i've ever seen, comes in 8 10 and 12 foot sizes. Able to hold a motor, and paddles very very well

realneil
03-20-2012, 09:17 PM
As far as durable then something by aire would be great. are you using it in moving water or flatwater?

NitwiT
03-20-2012, 09:18 PM
http://www.sevylor.com/Fish-Hunter-6-Person-Boat-P2031.aspx

BiG Boar
03-20-2012, 10:07 PM
Don't forget a canoe or row boat is possible to attach to the floats on the plane and able to be flown in.

Personally I have a 10 foot achillies, with 4 horse power kicker n

rattle e 6speed
03-21-2012, 12:06 AM
I have been doing some planning for my first fly-in this fall, and was told by the pilot I intend on using that Transport Canada no longer allows an external load if there are passengers in the plane. So if you are hoping for only 1 flight in, then it will most definitely need to be an inflatable. My 2 bits worth.

ryanb
03-21-2012, 03:52 AM
Tons of options out there. Need a bit of info on what you are going to use it for. Drifting rivers? Or on Lakes with an outboard? Or or or?

jonz
03-21-2012, 06:27 AM
I've had 1 of these for years with an air floor. Run it with a 9.9 but it works good even as a rowboat. 90 lbs.

http://www.seabrightmarine.ca/sd330.html

snowhunter
03-21-2012, 10:01 AM
I have an inflateable canoe. Little bit better than nothing for fly in hunts. To light in to control in water "as is". Needed to put sandbags in front and bag, before I could could control it in water.

A underwater "rudder" would also be a great help to stabilize the direction of this inflateable canoe. Easily drifts in the wind as well.

I would recommend something bigger and heavier than the inflateable canoe for a fly in hunt.

bross
03-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Check out pro pioneer by SOAR for rivers. Made for hunting in Alaska. Self bailer, 2 guys, 2 moose plus gear for 10 days. 80 lbs+/-, bombproof, class 3 rapids no problem, assuming you know what yr doing!

huntcoop
03-21-2012, 01:26 PM
the sevylor fishhunter is the toughest inflatable i've ever seen, comes in 8 10 and 12 foot sizes. Able to hold a motor, and paddles very very well

Really, I trust sarcasim is in play.

srupp
03-21-2012, 01:54 PM
hmmm I have been really happy with the Achilles LEX-96 it is hypalon material,,,, is 9'6 and compacts to a small footprint in its own case for flying in..weight is advertised as 74 pounds used for both lakes transporting moose..and floating rivers.. capacity is 990 pounds wooden floor inflatable keel..oars and rated for 8 hp..

The best part is how small this boat compacts to...easy for any sized plane...

srupp

Bisonfirst
03-21-2012, 07:49 PM
I talked to a bush pilot about canoes on the pontoons like they do elsewhere in Canada and he said that it was not legal in BC. Check out the watermaster kodiak @ www.bigskyinflatables.com (http://www.bigskyinflatables.com) . 700lb load cap. Folds into backpack 50lbs total. Good for a kickboat/pontoon/fishboat as well. We used one of these on our Bison hunt to ferry guys and gear across a river. It worked really well.

Boner
03-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Just curious, why has zodiac not been mentioned? I am looking for an inflatable myself...

yugo111
03-21-2012, 08:12 PM
not really sure where to start but you guys are awsome the help and info is unreal thanks for all the ideas, the woman is going to kill me I told her I wasnt going to buy anything any more but Im blaming it on you guys so may options and I dont have this toy lol

sheephunterab
03-21-2012, 11:30 PM
I've got a Zebec and am really impressed. We use it on a fly in every year with a 4hp motor. UV resistance is critical as are seems. Not all are created equal. Here's a few things to consider before buying an inflatable Inflatable Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe8fvrFqMDA&list=UUJUu3yNOBWgnps9PtHpi0yA&index=7&feature=plcp)

lineofsight
03-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Have a look at the Mercury. They purchase their material from Achilles but offer 10 year warranty on material & seams (Achilles 5) and their warranty centre is in Langley. Had some questions, left a voicemail and Mercury phoned back the next morning (both times). Most of their models available in hypalon (UV perhaps not as much of an issue here but are also more abrasion resistant) and prices locally are within $200 of Amazon US. Found Ian (owner) at the boat centre offer the best price, good service/information too. 10 foot model under 100 pounds and will take 15hp motor.

Sako7
03-22-2012, 10:17 AM
If you would like any prices or info on the Mercury boats or motors let me know I would love to help. Got some great deals right now.I have a Mercury Inflatable and Outboard dealership in Port Moody.Chris 604-936-4602

srupp
03-22-2012, 01:10 PM
anyone considering a purchase and are going through the Pond (Williams Lake ) can look at the Achilles ..lol comes with free coffee...sometimes its good to see these major purchases BEFORE putting out big $$$$

When I purchased mine I did investigate Zodiac...and if I remember correctly they were not Hypalon?? and something about the seam welds..not sure what it was but caused me a second think...happy with the Achilles...small size big loads exellent for small plane fly in trips...imo

srr

Good2bCanadian
03-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Actually the Sevylor fishunter is a tuff little inflatable.
Couple hundred dollars. They do hold an electric motor and throw a battery inside.
My friends have one and beat it good.
They carry a hi volume hand air pump.
We portaged a few little lakes with it up near Spanish Lake.
One guy carried the boat and electric motor other guy carried battery and fishing poles.
Nothing fancy by any means.