PDA

View Full Version : Fraud

1/2 slam
03-19-2012, 08:51 PM
So I was at the Tradex show a few weeks back. I see a huge blacktail at a booth. It's the new number 2. I go home and pull my record book and have a look. Oops wrong book. I's a couple of years old and the top end bucks aren't even as big as this one. So I pull out another more recent book to have a look. There are some huge bucks listed. But WTF I see a buck from the earlier book is missing.Back to the earlier book. I find a sheep listed under this guys name. Back to the newer book. It's also gone. Two listings deleted.

So I post a thread/question on here and it gets nuked quickly. Fair enough.

I sent a PM to this guy telling him what I'd been told. I told him I would give him a chance to respond before I posted this. He didn't so here it is.

I go back to the Tradex next day and ask why this happened. What a story I'm told. It seems someone shot a very large black bear, had it measured and tried to enter it in the book. The record book people get a letter saying that it was in fact a small Grizzly. WOW. They ask this guy to send the skull in for examination. He doesn't send it. It seems the guy did have a small grizzly compulsory inspected that year. As pointed out by some of you here there are differences ,aside from size, that are easily discernible.

As a result of this all of his entries were pulled from the book.

I have issues with guys who would lie and cheat to get in the book. I know a lot of entries are probably not above board.

REMINGTON JIM
03-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Wonder why it was deleted on here and who did it ? HMM ! Any ideas - anyone?

frenchbar
03-19-2012, 09:06 PM
this thread is useless without a name ...lol

1/2 slam
03-19-2012, 09:10 PM

All of the information ,for you to figure it out, is there. I'll not name him.

frenchbar
03-19-2012, 09:11 PM
All of the information ,for you to figure it out, is there. I'll not name him.

true enough...im lazy lol

Jelvis
03-19-2012, 09:11 PM
I demand pictures I always have pictures.

yama49
03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
I heard the same story, but whats your motive here.

Gateholio
03-19-2012, 09:14 PM
There is all sorts of skullduggery with record books. Which is one of the reasons that I dont' care about the books, other than as a resource for looking up animals. There are quite a few animals listed there that have been shot in closed areas, or at night, or pre or post season

It kinda makes me laugh, though. The books are so full of BS that it is virtually pointless to list the hunters name. :)

I guess in the end, it's not illegal to enter a grizz in a black bear contest, unlike the guys that actually poach animals in order to see their name in the book.

Gateholio
03-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Wonder why it was deleted on here and who did it ? HMM ! Any ideas - anyone?

I deleted the original thread because it was going to turn into a shit storm.

This one has good potential for that, too. ;)

1/2 slam
03-19-2012, 09:23 PM
I heard the same story, but whats your motive here.
I hate liars and cheats. And he's one

Caveman
03-19-2012, 09:31 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/cavemn94/New/images-1-2.jpg

Jagermeister
03-19-2012, 09:47 PM
So I was at the Tradex show a few weeks back. I see a huge blacktail at a booth. It's the new number 2. I go home and pull my record book and have a look. Oops wrong book. I's a couple of years old and the top end bucks aren't even as big as this one. So I pull out another more recent book to have a look. There are some huge bucks listed. But WTF I see a buck from the earlier book is missing.Back to the earlier book. I find a sheep listed under this guys name. Back to the newer book. It's also gone. Two listings deleted.

So I post a thread/question on here and it gets nuked quickly. Fair enough.

I sent a PM to this guy telling him what I'd been told. I told him I would give him a chance to respond before I posted this. He didn't so here it is.

I go back to the Tradex next day and ask why this happened. What a story I'm told. It seems someone shot a very large black bear, had it measured and tried to enter it in the book. The record book people get a letter saying that it was in fact a small Grizzly. WOW. They ask this guy to send the skull in for examination. He doesn't send it. It seems the guy did have a small grizzly compulsory inspected that year. As pointed out by some of you here there are differences ,aside from size, that are easily discernible.

As a result of this all of his entries were pulled from the book.

I have issues with guys who would lie and cheat to get in the book. I know a lot of entries are probably not above board.
Okay, so now you have your pound of flesh times 2.
The issue is really none of your business. What transpires between the individual and the publishers of the record book is a matter between them. You have no vested interest in it other than trying to besmirch another person. You think that when you didn't receive a reply, you would have got the idea that "mind your own business" was implied.
Now leave it alone. When and if it becomes public record, then you can comment on it. Until then...........................

BiG Boar
03-19-2012, 09:56 PM
People are taken out of the book every year. They find out you did anything wrong, such as used radios on the stalk or a built in rangefinder, all your records get stricken from the book.

There is more than 1 person on this site who are not allowed to put their animals in the book.

Also, would you like it if someone posted up the mistakes you made in your life?

I know I wouldn't.

Spy
03-19-2012, 10:01 PM
I deleted the original thread because it was going to turn into a shit storm.

This one has good potential for that, too. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcQW04AQ_Ok&feature=related

Shit StormS!!:-D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcQW04AQ_Ok&feature=related

Ovis17
03-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Disturbing to say the least. I have made the same observations since seeing the new tie for #2 blacktail at the Tradex show. Again... I only know of one reason for having an entry pulled. It's sad, as so many people have looked to this person for help and advice. I'm not into $hit talking people, but the actions of this person are unacceptable and need to come to light.....Maybe this person should answer the bell and explain WTF is going on.

frenchbar
03-19-2012, 10:10 PM
its all gotten clearer now !

silvertipp
03-19-2012, 10:25 PM
People are taken out of the book every year. They find out you did anything wrong, such as used radios on the stalk or a built in rangefinder, all your records get stricken from the book.

There is more than 1 person on this site who are not allowed to put their animals in the book.

Also, would you like it if someone posted up the mistakes you made in your life?

I know I wouldn't.
Big boar and Gate house hit the nail on the head
If you guys think all the entries in the books are lagit i think you might be a bit niave
while i like to look at books and scores it means nothing to me
i have three animals that will make the book and have never bothered to enter them
i also have several others that wont make the book ,but they are just as much a trophy as the others
the problem with books is there is always going to be someone that just has to belong to the club no matter how they get in

bighornbob
03-19-2012, 10:28 PM
As someone said what business is it of ours, well being a part of the hunting community and the HBC community it does make it kind of our business. If a person is so low as to try and cheat to make it into the record book what else is he going to do. Is he going to tell others a spot that he got from someone on HBC that told him not to tell anyone? Is he going to make promises to members in exchange for information and then not keep his end of the bargain?

It's these kinds of things that make it our business.

BHB

Sitkaspruce
03-19-2012, 10:38 PM
I too was curious as well, about two years ago, but then I thought....who really cares, it is none of my business.....and besides, the book is just that...a book.

I wanted to ask this person about it when I met him, but again, I really did not care, so I forgot about it. He was a nice guy to BS with and we shared and few war stories.

Time to move on 1/2 slam....as I am sure he has done.

Cheers

SS

BCHunterTV
03-19-2012, 10:42 PM

hmmmmm, i wonder who it is! :)

longstonec
03-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Shit techtonichs

russm
03-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Is it jeff LOL

Brett
03-19-2012, 10:56 PM
As someone said what business is it of ours, well being a part of the hunting community and the HBC community it does make it kind of our business. If a person is so low as to try and cheat to make it into the record book what else is he going to do. Is he going to tell others a spot that he got from someone on HBC that told him not to tell anyone? Is he going to make promises to members in exchange for information and then not keep his end of the bargain?

It's these kinds of things that make it our business.

BHB

I think this is a fair statement, if you make it public and promote a sport ,miss represent yourself , then do a few things. Not on the up and up, crap like this is bound to pop up

Gateholio
03-19-2012, 11:05 PM
I think I'm gonna lock this now, as I can see where it's going to go now. :)

If it was about actual confirmed illegal stuff like poaching, I'd be much more inclined to leave it open, but there has been no court case, nothing illegal transpired and no hunting licenses revoked. As such, I dont' see the real value in it.

I wonder if the "Flashlight whitetail" buck ever made it into the books? It sure was a nice whitetail, and there was that great pic of it with a silver Maglite taped to the rifle barrel beside it. Now that's a story that should be told, especially if it was entered into the record book ;)

If someone has a great argument as to why this thread should be re-opened, PM me, I'll consider it.