PDA

View Full Version : Pocket knife found on Redfern Lake trail ( 20 years ago )

moose2
03-18-2012, 03:18 AM
I enjoyed the "a guy named Jack" thread, and thought it would be neat if I could locate the original owner of a neat pocket knife I found on the Redfern Lake trail about 20 years ago. I was shed hunting along the redfern trail in the spring in the early to mid 90's.
There were still patches of snow and ice in places. I was quading around a soft spot when I noticed something shiney sticking through the snow.
When I got off to look I found it was an open knife blade of a unique looking pocket knife in perfect condition. It appears to be a rare knife so if someone can correctly identify it, I will gladly send it back to them. The knife had maybe been lost the fall or winter before in the snow, and the spring thaw made it re- appear. It would be neat to here from the original owner and hear the story on how and when it was lost.
Mike

swampthing
03-18-2012, 09:16 AM
A hunting partner found a nice knife on that trail along with some other items. He asked around some of the camps in the area and found the owner. The guy was happier to get his chew back than his knife.

Bear Chaser
03-18-2012, 09:35 AM
A hunting partner found a nice knife on that trail along with some other items. He asked around some of the camps in the area and found the owner. The guy was happier to get his chew back than his knife.

If you've never been a tobacco chewer you can't possibly understand the anger and the agony that are caused by nicotine withdrawl. It's way more addictive than smoking and definitely alters the chemistry of the subjects brain. If the guy who lost his knife had been more than a day without his chew chances are real good he or his hunting partners would have paid dearly to have it back.

Sorry for the hijack.

snowhunter
03-18-2012, 06:49 PM
About 25 years ago, a lone 16 old hunter was killed by a Grizzly around Redfern Lake. The Grizz, wich took 3 bullet from his .270, also died after it killed the shooting young man, who was carrying a caribou cape. I do not know the name of this young hunter, but later learned that his father went on a Grizzly massacre. I also learned that his father, a year later, placed an aluminum cross at the spot his young son died.

Liard Air might know about the names of hunters flying into Redfern Lake ?