PDA

View Full Version : Where to start

Manitoba_Redneck
03-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Hey guys and girls, as you can see by my name I've recently moved from Manitoba and can't wait to start hunting. The six months aren't going to go fast enough. Ideally I would like to chase goats, I have wanted one from the first day I saw one on tv. Keeping that I will be on GOS tags this year, where would you guys recommend I start looking. I live in Richmond, but that is little priority to me as I am willing to travel the province for hunting. I guess for now I would like to keep it out of the back of my truck as I am hunting solo and would like to keep the price of a float plane out of it.

Any info or tips is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

vortex hunter
03-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Hey Gary U need to throw a Joke out on the limb for the FOLKS to bite ....... Just saying

Manitoba_Redneck
03-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Hey Vortex Hunter,

I see your avatar is The sons MC crest, I'm a fan of the show too. On season 4 right now. I'll work on that joke, search for my best BAD joke, cause those are always the funniest.

Gary

vortex hunter
03-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Yeah thats only like the Best show Season five will be very good .........

The Dude
03-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Start by researching Residency Requirements to hunt a GOS after living here less than a year.
Then go to Revelstoke :D

03-18-2012, 10:26 AM
You moved to the best place in the country for BIG GAME.
Study the regs ..... then study them again. When you qualify start putting in for LEH draws. Don't be afraid to phone C/O's or Bio's in specific regions you want to hunt.
I commend you for wanting to hunt Goats solo ........ but just a word of advice, they commonly live in the ugliest nastiest terrain on earth, most dangerous area's too, find a buddy to go with and ........ try very hard to only harvest a Billy.
Some GOS on goats in some area's.
Good luck to you.

CT