PDA

View Full Version : Permition to hunt Moose

bearhunter338-06
03-15-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm in the early stage of planing a moose hunt for the August moose opening. I want to make it clear I AM NOT ASKING OR LOOKING FOR A GUIDE. Do to heath issues I am not able to do to much bush bashing.

I am looking for someone (NOT A GUIDE) who is willing to let me hunt their ranch or can put me in contact with a ranch owner (ONCE AGAIN NOT A GUIDE) in the Dawson Creek Fort St. John area who would like to have any problem bull moose removed there ranch.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, all smart azzes will be ignored.

bridger
03-15-2012, 02:34 PM
not sure if there are any problem bull moose on private land up here. you might want to contact the fish & wildlife branch to see if they have a list of landowners

Jagermeister
03-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Problem elk maybe............but problem moose? I don't think they would be a problem.

moosinaround
03-15-2012, 04:35 PM
You might have a better time hunting bull moose up there in the rut, later in the season? You can call them in closer to you, and most guys are chasing elk when the moose rut is on. There are LOTS of seismic lines you could run UTV or ATV's on too! Again I am not sure of the issues there are with "Problem" moose up there!! Good luck to you, I hope you find what you are looking for. Moosin

Moose Guide
03-15-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm in the early stage of planing a moose hunt for the August moose opening. I want to make it clear I AM NOT ASKING OR LOOKING FOR A GUIDE. Due to my greatest desire to shoot from a truck window with a ladies magnum(aka .280 rem) I am not able to do to much bush bashing.

I am looking for someone (NOT A GUIDE) who is willing to let me hunt their ranch or can put me in contact with a ranch owner (ONCE AGAIN NOT A GUIDE) in the Dawson Creek Fort St. John area who would like to have any problem bull moose removed there ranch.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, all smart azzes will be ignored.

At least your being honest NOW :mrgreen:

bearhunter338-06
03-16-2012, 08:36 PM
You might have a better time hunting bull moose up there in the rut, later in the season? You can call them in closer to you, and most guys are chasing elk when the moose rut is on. There are LOTS of seismic lines you could run UTV or ATV's on too! Again I am not sure of the issues there are with "Problem" moose up there!! Good luck to you, I hope you find what you are looking for. Moosin

I to would be one of those guys chasing elk also

elkdom
03-16-2012, 08:45 PM

there ARE problem moose,,,,,,, see thread ( Some Mooses spoiled my Wolfes Hunt ),,,,,,,,,,:lol:

elkdom
03-16-2012, 08:51 PM

THE big problem once the moose rut is on, there are antler restrictions in 7B, and without exaggeration!,,, you can easily pass up 9 or 10 bull moose looking for the elusive fork horn or 10 pointer or a 3 on the brow-palm bruiser,,,,

very BEST BET Aug 15 until Aug 31 >>>>> ANY BULL MOOSE !

moosinaround
03-16-2012, 09:10 PM
THE big problem once the moose rut is on, there are antler restrictions in 7B, and without exaggeration!,,, you can easily pass up 9 or 10 bull moose looking for the elusive fork horn or 10 pointer or a 3 on the brow-palm bruiser,,,,

very BEST BET Aug 15 until Aug 31 >>>>> ANY BULL MOOSE !
8 or 9 bulls in a day, called in, I would do that JUST to call that many bulls in!! Hell with the meat, just the excitement of a big ole gruntin moose coming in would be FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! Call me crazy, sure would be fun!! Moosinascrazyasjelly?????

moosinaround
03-16-2012, 09:12 PM
I to would be one of those guys chasing elk also

Not if you can't bash the bush!! Especially up there! The elk are in the thick $hit!! unless you can get permisson to hunt fields along the rivers!!Moosin

bearhunter338-06
03-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Not if you can't bash the bush!! Especially up there! The elk are in the thick $hit!! unless you can get permisson to hunt fields along the rivers!!Moosin

That is why I started this thread. I would like to get permission from land owners who live up north. It's a 14 hour drive from my place to Dawson Creak so its not easy to just hope in my truck and go around knocking on doors, to introduce my self. I am hoping to hear from owners or someone who can put me in touch with land owners. Then get to know them through correspondence.

moosinaround
03-16-2012, 10:12 PM
That is why I started this thread. I would like to get permission from land owners who live up north. It's a 14 hour drive from my place to Dawson Creak so its not easy to just hope in my truck and go around knocking on doors, to introduce my self. I am hoping to hear from owners or someone who can put me in touch with land owners. Then get to know them through correspondence.
Well, I wish you luck, I hope you find some cooperative landowners! I will be on the crown land, hunting moose and elk, with all the other silly buggers, trying to find that "Cheap" wild game!!! Moosin

The Silent Stalker
03-16-2012, 10:16 PM
You can try getting in touch with some land owners on hunterlandownerlink.com seems to be a good start. Hope it helps.