PDA

View Full Version : Check Out These Scrapes!!

matt420
03-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Hey HBC,

this morning me and a buddy decided to go for a hike to see if we could find any sheds, no luck today tho, but was still nice to get out in the bush again after 4 or 5 days without hiking and finding 2 mule sheds when i went out last made me iching to go again, today we decided to check a spot i was in back in early Feb and found these fresh crazy scrapes and they had no antlers layin at them also when i found these scrapes in early Feb i didnt have a camera with me so i couldnt take any pics to share with everyone, but when we go to the scapes today again there were no antlers laying there, also when we got really close to the scrapes and looked around the bottoms of them there was fresh bark shavings in the snow and caught up in the branchs, so what ever has scraped these hasnt dropped yet, we also searched all around within 400 - 800 yards in every direction from the scrapes and found nothing so im thinkin hes still got them on his head or has dropped them in a total different area then where these scrapes are, there were no other people tracks when i was in there in early FEB when it was about knee deep snow and again today there was no other people tracks and the snow is only about as deep as the souls on your boots so im sure no one has picked his sheds up if they were layin at the base of his scrapes, but i did have my camera today so i was able to take pics and share them with everone this time
the 2 pics i took are obviously different scrapes but they wre only about 20 - 40 feet apart from each other and there are a ton more around these 2 all within 50 yards of the 2 main big ones but not as big and crazy so i only took pics of the 2 big ones, and yes haha i checked around every scrape that i could see for his sheds and nothing :icon_frow

here they are

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l613/werr420/sheds/2012-03-14133445.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l613/werr420/sheds/2012-03-14133502.jpg

Ddog
03-14-2012, 07:58 PM
ummm,, just so you know,,those are called rubs, scrapes are on the ground

kennyj
03-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Wow! Huge rubs. How high were they off the ground?
kenny

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
03-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Lots of tree rubs. Good luck!

Jagermeister
03-14-2012, 09:58 PM
where were they?

matt420
03-15-2012, 12:14 AM
Wow! Huge rubs. How high were they off the ground?
kenny

at the bottom of the rubs on the main tree there, they were about a foot off the ground, and at the top of the rubs were about as tall as me and i stand 5 foot 8 inches tall

Jagermeister
03-15-2012, 01:28 AM
Could be deer........could be moose........probably elk.

The Dude
03-15-2012, 04:03 AM
Aye, there's the rub.
The play's the thing.....wherein we'll catch the conscience of the King.

Interesting to know they're still rubbing trees this late. Did not know that. Cool.

pnbrock
03-15-2012, 06:38 AM
thats the marking of a two point no disputing!!

swamper
03-15-2012, 07:26 AM
Last fall's scrapes. Better spend some quality time there next fall.

matt420
03-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Last fall's scrapes. Better spend some quality time there next fall.

yes they were deff made in the fall time, but what ever made them is still rubbing up to now, and you know i will be spending some quality time in there during the hunting season wen it opeds again, its a long way away but i cant wait hahaha, hopefully he is stillin the area this season so i can see what he is, it could be anything making these cuz when i found them back in early FEB there were deer and elk tracks all around the rubs and when we just went back there yesterday march.14 there was only deer tracks around the rubs and rubs had fresh bark all over them, during the late NOV rifle season the same buddy i went hiking with wasin there and never knew those rubs were there and he ran into a huge 6 point whitetail but he said it only had one side when he seen it so he didnt shoot it, but he said its one side was easily between 80 - 100 inchs,

RayHill
03-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Trail cam hot spot! Let's see how big he is?

matt420
03-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Trail cam hot spot! Let's see how big he is?

never had my trail cam set up in by those rubs, but you can be sure one will be goin there this year, and i will be sharing the pics from it

trapperRick
03-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Put up a trail cam see whats out there

matt420
03-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Put up a trail cam see whats out there

i have to get mine back from my buddy, but that isnt hard to do haha, but when i do should i put it out now? or the next time i have a free day to head back there and set it up?

grizzlydueck
03-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks for stating that D! lol You can check the scrapes ..i mean rubs for hair to see if it was a buck or a young bull !