PDA

View Full Version : Turkey... ????

BCHoyt
03-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Ok got a few questions... First off when does Turkey season start? Where is good to go? Reason Im asking is I have never hunted turkey before and the wife is trying to plan something for Easter weekend and she suggested turkey hunting if the season is open.. Also would be very happy if someone was willing to take me out and show me the ropes...

huntwriter
03-13-2012, 06:51 PM
I would be willing in a heartbeat to take you two out turkey hunting ,unfortunately, I have a full schedule with just a few days free for a turkey hunt that is already planed with someone else. The season opens on Sunday April 15 to May 15. Turkeys are anywhere from Grand Forks toward east to the Alberta border. The problem is finding a pocket with lots of birds, as a novice turkey hunter, this would be your best bet. If you can go during weekdays I would recommend Christina Lake, lots of birds there, but also lots of hunters on weekends.

If you can go out in the fall I might head out for a fall turkey too. In the meantime feel free to ask me any questions you might have about turkey hunting, always glad to help out.

BCHoyt
03-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Well I could definately plan a fall hunt for turkey... Most likely on a long weekend as coming from the island takes up time and I dont have any spare holiday weeks left for this year...