PDA

View Full Version : Beaverdell

Byson
10-22-2006, 09:36 PM
im going to to head out for white tail in nov 17th any tips or ideas, also were to find maps

JoshLedoux
10-22-2006, 09:55 PM
any government agent office has topo maps of bc regions for 5 bux. where you headed?

Caveman
10-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Only been there once but check out the old burn and then south towards Rock Creek. Lots of deer when I was there.

WoodOx
10-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Id grab some maps and highlight 1km around all used FSRs. Then look at those areas, and stay away from them.

My experience in Beaverdell and Christian Valley is that there are a TON of hunters. Ive had shots lobbed at me and a buddy before, which is ridiculius. Get off the roads, do some hiking, and you have a good chance as the populations of deer there are great. The mature bucks are smart and stay away from roads. BEST case senario is to get access to private land.

Good luck!

NightOwl74
10-23-2006, 02:11 AM
Good advice dude. Because of this site(partially, I suppose), what used to be one of my favourite areas to go, is way to crowded now. A few days ago I heard 11 gunshots spaced throughout the day. And yes, get outta the truck and walk, the mulies especially are sticking to cover.

dana
10-23-2006, 07:38 AM
The Christian Valley and Beaverdell areas were really crowded long before the internet and this site came along. I can remember hunting there in the early 80's and you pretty much needed stoplights at all the FSR intersections because of all the trafic. ;)

mtnmax
10-23-2006, 07:46 AM
I think it depends on were you go in the christian valley. Were I go is no were near the cabins at rendell and i don't see vary many people. I decided to stay at the cabins one year and ya, it felt like i was down town with the amount of people around. The funny part is were my spot is, it is not too far from a main road but most people are too lazy to walk for 5 min to check it out.

dana
10-23-2006, 07:49 AM
You hit the nail right on the head. 99.9% of hunters can't get out of the warm cabs of their trucks so they drive right past 99.9% of the game.

mark
10-23-2006, 08:21 AM
On a positive note there is tons of deer out there this year. Whities bouncing everywhere!

boxhitch
10-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Yeah, don't let a few gunshots scare you off. There is good hunting to be had, and some good bucks, too.
My favorite spot is on that road that turns left off of the pavement, and then turns to gravel after 100 yards, follow to the first fork, take a left, for about 3 kms. Park on the rh side and head uphill. Nice meadows on top and no traffic.

GoatGuy
10-23-2006, 11:08 AM
hit the big old 10-15 yr old stands, ingrown stands and rattle. You won't run into any hunters; infact most hunters have abonded these areas and the roads are generally inactive. It's just like Christmas!

WoodOx
10-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Think whities will begin responding to rattling yet? Although not rutting, maybe outta curiousity? Maybe some sparring has started...

Mckinney Creek Adventures
10-26-2006, 09:25 PM
I found a fresh scrape in my travels above the house on sunday. So I am thinking that they are thinking a bit about the girls already. Let the games begin!

Nooker77
10-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Cup lake area is good but busy!! I've been watching "my deer " lol on our farm and the bucks aren't even sniffin around yet...with it being such a dry year I think there still trying to throw those last few pounds on before things get going...I find after trick or treat they tend to get warmed up a bit with the peak being around the 15th to 30....just my 2cents again!!
good luck and straight shooting!!8-)

10-26-2006, 09:43 PM
I agree... I was a bit surprised to see a scrape this early, but it was a scrape.

WoodOx
10-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Hmm cool. HUge hunting pressure as per usual our there McKinney?

10-26-2006, 09:50 PM
She is pretty quiet out here right now, but the roads will get busier as the season progresses. Lots of quiet spots out there!