PDA

View Full Version : Kuiu Camo

the stump
03-12-2012, 11:00 AM
I was wondering if anyone that has experience using the Kuiu Camo could give me their thoughts?

I am in the market for some new camo but do most of my hunting on the Island so I dont know how great that camo pattern would be in cut blocks, coastal bush, etc.

TheProvider
03-12-2012, 11:27 AM
try contacting BigBoar... I've seen him post a lot of good things about it

TheProvider
03-12-2012, 11:28 AM
breathability and rain proof are more important than the camo pattern

BiG Boar
03-12-2012, 12:05 PM
I have a lot of their gear yeah. I really like the stuff. Its pricey, but its definitely worth it. Gore tex doesn't hold a match to it, used cabelas gore tex for 3 years previous. Kuiu is really well designed stuff, they have put some serious thought into putting it together. I like lighter patterned camo also. It usually seems to blend in better than dark stuff. Its held up really well. The only pieces I wouldn't recommend are the neck gaitor (too small for my neck) and the guide gloves, they are cold and I don't see a need for work gloves while hunting. The clothes are bullet proof, and the rain gear is incredible. I hunted close to 80 days this year wearing the stuff, it works well.

vip_ruger
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
I own all the gear as well I agree with big boar I love the stuff. Gloves and neck gator are not needed

Buck
03-12-2012, 03:07 PM
I use there gear but i get the Major Brown so i can wear it wherever.Quality is excellant.

E.V.B.H.
03-12-2012, 03:16 PM
I was told that a partner in Sitka gear broke away to start kuiu, if this is true then they have a lot af experience making clothes. Don't own any yet, but have a couple of friends that are very happy with what they bought

the stump
03-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I have heard the quality is awesome so I will probably pick some up - I was just worried about the camo on the coast but I think the quality will win out over the actual pattern they use.

lawlu
03-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Anyone here on van island got their stuff in medium? I want to pick some up b/c I got a gift cert for Xmas, but need to make sure fit is ok before I spend the big bucks. Shipping is always a pain to pay for if you have to send it back.

Thanks in advance...

Matty_ola
03-12-2012, 08:40 PM
I use there gear but i get the Major Brown so i can wear it wherever.Quality is excellant.

+1

The gear is really comfortable and I like to wear it anytime I head out hiking, shooting or whatever outdoors. I find camo is rarely needed for rifle hunting therfor I bought brown.

I have found it's tough to find the stuff in stock lately though..

the stump
03-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Seeing as how it is made in Van I am hoping that at some point Cdns will be able to pick it up at the factory.

The Hermit
03-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Kuiu will be at the WSSBC Convention this week... I have some of their gear and its great. Not sure about the light colour camo for the coast though, although they swear that it works as well as darker patterns... I guess if deer and bear are truly colour blind it will work great.

pg83
03-13-2012, 08:29 PM
I had the opportunity to talk with Jason Hairston at SCI last month. He is working on a better system for selling to Canadians since we have been buying far more then he had expected. No time frame was given on that. They are currently out of stock on a lot of their products, but most should be coming back out again at various times in the next few months. The Attack Pants were just put up last week again. If you are after a specific product I would suggest to you to subscribe to the KUIU blog and/or mailing list. Blog subscribers find out when a product is available one day before the general email subscribers do. A lot of good info on the clothing on the blog too.

the stump
03-14-2012, 08:24 PM
I sent kuiu an email last night about picking up an order in Canada and will post what I get back.

Buck
03-14-2012, 09:08 PM
I sent kuiu an email last night about picking up an order in Canada and will post what I get back.

Hope that works out and i can run to Richmond .i am waiting for the Guide pants in Major brown and they won't be available in that color till summer which is very close to the sheep opener up north.I have another jacket waiting at Ship Happens to pick up they did a very quick ship on that order .Ordered the 8th and at the border on the 12th not bad.

Superdeuce
03-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Like their gear, their customer service is great. They are having a hard time keeping up with the demand at the moment but their is a good reason for that.

pg83
03-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Burnt Olive colour option was released today on a few items for those interested.

the stump
03-15-2012, 08:38 PM
From their customer service:

Thank you for taking the time to write in. We are aware of our Canadian customers and your desire to have a way to get your gear straight from our sew-house. Unfortunately, with the Canadian laws and the fact that we are still a new company, we are not able to accommodate that at this time. We are looking into other options, but those take time. For now, we are only able to ship to our customers from our existing Distribution Center in Northern California.