PDA

View Full Version : How to loose hunting access on local farms

GoldNGun Retrievers
03-11-2012, 08:18 PM
On our last hunt of the goose season on a final walk about of the field we had hunted, we picked up in excess of a box of hulls and even more wads. Some of the hulls were from lead shot (1 5/8 oz No. 4"s). In addition, along the brush line of the field. we found guts. feathers and carcasses. We realize that some hulls are shot over water and float in but most of these hulls/wads were collected above the water line near shooting stations/blinds. Whatever happened to "carry out what you pack in"?? :mad::mad:

pnbrock
03-11-2012, 08:27 PM
lost a great field years ago due to someone else leaving shells ,coffee cups,beer bottles .farmer kicked every one out ,i was so pissed at the other guys who did this.

RENO
03-11-2012, 08:40 PM
I agree, 100 % , on my last 3 outings we found allot of wads as well? I'm actually tired of picking up other hunters garbage! Lead shot has no business in waterfowl areas!! Know the rules! these are the ones that ruin it for the others always, Hunting is a privilege, and when these people really understand that it is and hunting areas are not their private dump, we will progressing in the eyes of those who are not hunters. We share these area's with others,clean your game at home as well!

RENO
03-11-2012, 08:43 PM
lost a great field years ago due to someone else leaving shells ,coffee cups,beer bottles .farmer kicked every one out ,i was so pissed at the other guys who did this.
I know the feeling as well, it hard acquiring these hunting grounds and building trust with land owners and all it takes a few wanna b's to F it up for everyone. it's hard to regain that trust.

RENO
03-11-2012, 08:46 PM
There is a youtube video, the guy comes across an area where their is a bunch of garbage TV's ect left and over 500 spent shot shells all about the area, a good find for a reloader, but what a mess, and guess who looks bad? you got it the good guys again.

longshot
03-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I know how you feel... my dad and I have executive permission to fields only because we hunt so cleanly, you would never even know we hunted there! Good luck even finding one wad after our shoots! People that do not clean up after themselves do not deserve to hunt on private land... PERIOD!

buck nash
03-11-2012, 10:41 PM
I know how you feel... my dad and I have executive permission to fields only because we hunt so cleanly, you would never even know we hunted there! Good luck even finding one wad after our shoots! People that do not clean up after themselves do not deserve to hunt ...anywhere... PERIOD!

There, I fixed it for you.

longshot
03-11-2012, 11:44 PM
There, I fixed it for you.

Hahaha, ya I definately agree! Its disgusting to drive so far in the wilderness and find spent hulls on the sides of logging roads and such... the idea of it all makes me wonder how on earth were these people smart enough to get a hunting license!

RENO
03-12-2012, 07:06 AM
the idea of it all makes me wonder how on earth were these people smart enough to get a hunting license!

Unfortunately, passing/obtaining/and roaming the forest with disregard!
Doesn't make you a true hunter! and lover of the outdoors with respect for the land, as much as you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

It takes good mentoring and years of experience and willingness to listen and learn, and humility to be a hunter.

dingdongdenny
03-12-2012, 09:54 AM
:evil:exactly , if you brought it in you take it out.I was taught to leave an area better than when you came.It pisses me off to follow someone and everything goes out the window ,chip bags, sig packages, beer cans, and even worse lit cigs!:evil:

Trailmaster
03-12-2012, 03:21 PM
It seems I always pack out more hulls then I shot, but I do it so others don't think its me.

RENO
03-12-2012, 10:40 PM
If all the people used the out doors in this manner, leaving it cleaner then they found it, it would be really nice, I just don't understand why, we have to be as humans so arrogant to think the forest/world is our personal waste basket. And I have one more thing to add, I recently went to a private range with a friend of mine and driving in the bush to the range I was disgusted to see wrecked cars, oil drums and scrap metal in the forest? and once at the range the amount of spent ammo casings all over the ground, what is this nonsense about, the scrap metal I don't get/but the casings why not leave it clean so others can enjoy the range to, this is very uncalled for , pick up your casings and deposit them in the containers provided.Result! The owners get fed up and you have no where to practice! Responsible actions=positive results.