PDA

View Full Version : recurve

Bear_Down
03-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I just aquired a Browning safari . it is a 49# 60" II. I was just wondering if I could get any kind of input as to quality and or value serial # 5c9XX
The bow is true no twist and in show room quality. beautifull pice of art and bloody acurate once you learn to shoot instinctivly and have the arows tuned too. any input would be apreciated. Thank you in advance.

The Dawg
03-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Very nice bow.

From 1968

http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/TF/pics/00small68560466.JPG

Bear_Down
03-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Wow wonder if I can still write for the free color catalog. LOL

Bear_Down
03-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Not sure if I will have the time to truly appreciate the art of traditional instinctive. Shooting so might be in to trading it for a compound. Not to sure yet but if I do the lads here will get first dibs on it.

The Dawg
03-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Try Bowzone.ca

Might get some better bow knowledge there, or might sell quicker too.

Bear_Down
03-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks Dawg

TheProvider
03-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Not sure if I will have the time to truly appreciate the art of traditional instinctive. Shooting so might be in to trading it for a compound. Not to sure yet but if I do the lads here will get first dibs on it.

I guarantee you'll enjoy shooting instinctive. A few years ago I had a recurve, compound bow and crossbow. I sold the crossbow as it didn't really interest me. I love shooting compound but I can honestly say with a recurve I would practice twice as much. Not because I needed to but because I loved it so much.

Bow Walker
03-11-2012, 11:39 AM
If the bow didn't cost you much (or anything at all) hang on to it and learn to play.

Go find a good deal on a compound - but keep the recurve.

Bear_Down
03-11-2012, 11:42 AM
dont get me wrong I can shoot it instinctivly but at 30 yards cant honestly say I can make the kill shot. so with out having that cumfort zone I wont release on an animal. unless I just shoot it for the apreciation of it. like I have been.

TheProvider
03-11-2012, 12:29 PM
dont get me wrong I can shoot it instinctivly but at 30 yards cant honestly say I can make the kill shot. so with out having that cumfort zone I wont release on an animal. unless I just shoot it for the apreciation of it. like I have been.

if you talk to a lot of instinctive shooters theres alot that won't shoot past 20yrds. it's all about what your comfortable with

Bow Walker
03-11-2012, 12:50 PM
.....unless I just shoot it for the apreciation of it. like I have been.
That's the ticket. I've got a longbow that's in the same category - I just shoot it for fun. One of these times I'm going to take it to a 3D shoot and see what I can accomplish....

When I get solvent again I'm going to be adding a recurve to my stable.

nomad
03-15-2012, 07:50 PM
My first recurve was a Browning. Had the Nomad stalker off that brochure! Sweet bow! Was always my favourite to shoot too! I have another recurve with a little higher draw weight and a couple compounds! Including a new hoyt! But my old Browning is so quiet and smooth...love it!

Bear_Down
03-16-2012, 10:28 PM
I put some female sided velcro under the string where it contacts the limbs and some whiskers in the string. All you hear is the arrow in flight. supper quiet and smooth.

Bear_Down
10-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Well after a long thought and humming and hawing. The bow is uup for trade for a compound . It is in amazing condition limbs are true and strong. 9.5 out of 10. Condition.