PDA

View Full Version : grizzly grampa

dollyp
03-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Well this is turning out to be a pretty exciting day. Looks like I will be a grampa before the day is out and I just checked and see that I was lucky enough to get a grizzly draw for this spring in 7-17. Anyone have any suggestions for me as to where to start? I assume there will still be an awful lot of snow up there till well into May? Thanks :-D

moosinaround
03-10-2012, 06:41 PM
A quad with tracks will be your best friend! Snow or gravel, it wont matter! Good luck out there! Moosin

scuba
03-10-2012, 06:47 PM
lots of snow back there this year, quad with tracks would do wonders. bears will be out by mid may wether you can get back to them or not? great area and big bears!

Revy Hunter
03-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Congrats on becoming a Grampa and good luck with the Grizzly hunt this spring.

moosinaround
03-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Talked with a fellow who is plowing rds for a logging company out in the McGregors, and the snow is deep this year, banks higher than his mobile home!! Moosin

dollyp
03-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. Seems to be a deep snow area. Maybe I will see if a guy can rent such a thing - quad with tracks. Anyone ever canoed the Fraser in that area? One would assume that the odd grizzly would be hanging around near the bottom. Maybe looking for the odd moose kill on the nearby railway track.
Still no Grand baby but it is happening tonight sometime. Just waiting around for the phone call!

elkeater
03-11-2012, 08:06 AM
an argo with tracks would be awsome

stone sheep
03-11-2012, 09:11 AM
spring is the time for all creatures great and tall ( 22 in wow) grand kids make great hunting partners I know a good guide for that area

heybert
03-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Check with the rancher in the area. When you cross the bridge over the Fraser on walker creek fsr, turn right and at the end of the road is a gate. That's where they are. See it they have seen any. Also, usually see tracks at the gravel pit and on a cut, just past km 8. Good luck

notellyridge
03-13-2012, 04:43 PM
i was drawn in 7-18 last year and drove thru 7-17 to get there on the pass lake road. i heard there was a bad washout on that road too but i think it has bin fixed???? (i had some sweet help on info of road conditions up there b4 i went on my hunt from guys on this site too which was much appreciated, thanx to all i may have forgot to say thx!!!)... there was alot of snow last year as well, we got in there at the start of june and i did get my grizz. if the pass lake rd has bin fixed, the last half of that road and its side roads are a good place to hunt. the pass lake rd is around 45-50km's long b4 you reach 7-18, there will be a bridge going over the macgregor river. also good camping spots too all along pass lake rd... good luck and congrats on being a grampa, hope this lil bit helped :)

fearnodeer
03-13-2012, 05:10 PM
What i believe you should do is wait for your grandchild to be born then and only then worry about your grizz, once born go get that grizz for the newborn congats grandpa.