PDA

View Full Version : Female Bow

Vinny
03-10-2012, 02:01 PM
I am looking for a new bow for my wife to upgrade to. She currently shoots a Diamond Razors Edge which we plan to pass on to our 10 year old son. She has shot the PSE Chaos, Hoyt Carbon Element, and Bear Siren. At this point the Bear Siren is her favourite but I know little about them. She also wanted to try the Mathews Jewel but we can't find one(so many options for colors etc that it seems no one wants one sitting on the shelf). Anything else we should look at or anyone have any info/opinions on the Bear Siren?

mr_verbatim
03-10-2012, 02:42 PM
What LB is she comfortable shooting and what is her DL?

Bow Walker
03-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Where are you located Vinny? Whatcha got for selection near you - or are you going to order online?

It might just be that your wife will be able to tell you which bow feels and fits her better than anybody else.

Pretty much all the bows that are made these days are of a similar high quality. Buying form one of the "big 6" is never a problem.

Ruger4
03-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Have a read on the PSE Vendetta XS , or pm me and I can give you some more info

Vinny
03-11-2012, 02:10 PM
She shoots about 45lb and 27 inch drawlength. Live in Fernie area but travel quite a bit so have checked out Cabellas in Edmonton, Bass pro Calgary, Flaming Arrow and Spirit Quest in Kalispell Montana. I think she has her mind set on the Bear Siren because it felt the best to her, I just don't know much about it. Anybody play with it at all? Looks like a good quality bow.

Riverbc
03-11-2012, 02:55 PM
PSE Stiletto?

http://www.pse-archery.com/products/category/Stiletto+-+Skullworks/445.5.1.1.17305.14772.1003117.0.0#.T10ilIFSSmA

Bow Walker
03-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Have you checked Calgary Archery Centre? 403-255-6830

Bowzone_Mikey
03-12-2012, 02:23 PM
yep go see Al at Calgary archery center .... or Lane archery in Lethbridge .... Jimbows in Calgary is a good bet as well .... I personally dont like Bear bows ... she will wanna upgrade again in the near future .... is she right or left handed ... have you looked at the used market.... I know a few women that shoot her specs .. that get new bows each year(sponsored etc...) .

I just read that you are in Fernie .... Go see Kevin Evans in Jaffrey at Kootnay archery .... he is a Mathews dealer as far as I recall ... he will have a line on the jewel

I know a couple other shops not close to you but in Alberta as well ....