PDA

View Full Version : badlands 2200 or 2800

Dutch Ppoacher
03-10-2012, 10:18 AM
after reading through the other badlands pack thread i decided to post a new question.

i want a larger pack, up grading from the supperday. the 2200 and 2800 look like they'll fit my need. i have been able to try on the 2200 at the local shop and it is big enough. actually i don't want it any bigger. is the 2800 longer?

between the two models which seems to be the better one that is suited for 2 day trips with the ability to pack out meat. on the rough wet coast.

love to hear your thoughts

DP

nomad
03-10-2012, 10:45 AM
We have both of those. Good packs for the weekend. can carry pretty much carry what ever you want to stick in and/or strap on it! Stuck my Son who was about 80lbs at the time, in the 2200 and walked around with him strapped to my back just for fun! lol ! not ideal for bigger loads but it will work with some creative rope/strap work! The 2800 has more compartments to it and expands at the back for strapping whatever in it a little easier than the 2200. 2800 also has a rain cover and rifle sling pouch. Both have hydration pack abilities. The 2200 has one larger main storage where as the 2800 is divided up more. Couple years on both now and not a stich out of place. Use my stuff hard, not trying to keep it forever! One other thing, I do heat up alot with these packs, ventilation doesn't really help, If that's a concern maybe more of an external frame pack works better for keeping some space back there for cooling? I don't know, any of you other guys with externals can comment on that. Just the same we still love our packs! cheers, Nomad

Dutch Ppoacher
03-11-2012, 09:56 PM
had a chance to hit up wholesale sports this afternoon and tryed on the 2200 and the 2800. def like the 2800 better for organization. couple bucks more then the 2200.
had a chance to try on the OX. external pack frame is nice but feels bulkyer. def a better meat hauler but for my perp 500$ is a bit much.
anyone here compair the 2800 to the Ox?

E.V.B.H.
03-12-2012, 03:50 PM
I have a 2800, have packed a goat and a couple moose with it. Goat was far, almost 15 km out very comfortable. Had a few zippers blow out, sent the pack back and it was fixed and shipped back to me in under three weeks at no cost at all, also gave me extra stays to stiffin it up a bit. One thing I don't like is it is almost broken up too much, the 2200 is smaller but with bigger compartments you can almost fit more in. A friend has the 2200 and I think I like it better. Much better compression system, but not as good of a bow/gun carrying system. Can't go wrong with either one, I was very impressed with the customer service. Once slammed a buckle in the door and called and asked for a new one and extras, they sent me six, again at no cost or proof that I even owned a pack! Best customer service going.

Downwind
03-12-2012, 09:34 PM
If Wholesale as them on for the same as their website you should check out ebay. There is one listed for $260 shipped. I have it and love it. Bought mine through ebay as well actually. Don't get it right away but when you can save $100 its worth it if you don't need it right away.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Badlands-2800-Pack-AP-Camo-/370584818992?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5648939530#ht_831wt_905

Dutch Ppoacher
03-12-2012, 10:32 PM
that is a good price, i'm on it