PDA

View Full Version : LEH Spring Grizzly Hunt Region 4-37 Help

bassplayer
03-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi guy and gals.
I just drew a spring grizzly tag for region 4-37 between Revelstoke and a small community called Donald Station which is just north of Golden. Took me 5 years of applying to get this draw. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with region 4-37 and can point me in the right direction as to where i should go when i get there. Ordinarily i wouldn't apply for an area i know nothing about but being from Penticton where there is only the odd grizzly that passes through and no LEH for them here, i applied for an area that was within driving distance for me and as luck would have it, it was my first choice. At the tip of my area is Micah Creek and Kinbasket Lake. Any help would be appreciated. Not expecting anyone to drop a bear in my lap. Just need a basic idea where to begin. I am planning my trip for 5 days over the May long weekend.
Thanx.
Gary

springpin
03-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Donald is 10 min from golden. I put in for the same tag...but no go. Take a poke around the kinbasket lake resort area..just a thought. Also a few places to camp as well.

yama49
03-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Boat access is the best for your zone.. I also drew nil on that tag..

schilly101
03-10-2012, 10:33 AM
hard area to hunt not alot of road access...altho very steep, the snow shed slides on the TCH might be somthing to look into..

bassplayer
03-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanx guys and i'm sorry to hear you drew NIL on this one. I was trying to use Google Earth along with the Management Unit app for Google Earth but every time i click on it i get a big red X covering the area i'm focusing on.

schilly101
03-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Boat access is the best for your zone.. I also drew nil on that tag..

careful with the boats..the lake is low in the spring i do belive limiting you to areas you can get into and lots of trees and stumps just under the surface...ive never had the urge to boat that lake..if you arnt carefull it will cost you..

huntingpg
03-10-2012, 11:25 AM
ive parked at the 90 km and waded across with waders before.. its not that deep carefull if its windy. carying a 80 pound pack trying to fight waves up to your chest isnt fun

GoatGuy
03-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Look for slides close to the lake on google earth (a good starting point is to find the sullivan and look straight across the lake).

Take a boat, go to slides, sit, wait, shoot bear.

Lots of goats in there so you can scout for fall.

bearslayer01
03-17-2013, 06:42 PM
we got 2 tags for this area as well we will be out there may long weekend good luck to ya