PDA

View Full Version : 6-10 Grizzly hunt

City Slicker
03-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Hello. I am happy and lost... just received a spring Grizzly bear draw for 6-10. I have never even considered hunting this area for the obvious reasons of access. Any help would be great.

This was the result of the random "I will take anything" draw.

Straight shooting.

gerrygoat
03-09-2012, 06:52 PM
There is a bit of road access into the area, pm me for a bit more information.

City Slicker
03-09-2012, 07:56 PM
PM sent, Does anyone have a guess when the best week to start hunting will be in 6-10?

bighorn
03-09-2012, 08:42 PM
friend of mine hunted moose there a couple years ago,road goes back along ways.real thick till you hit the backend.old bunkhouse in there for sleeping i think!pm me if you want me to get more info

sobirch
03-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Bing maps may help you find your access

City Slicker
03-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Thank you to Bighorn and Gerrygoat for the PM help, I really want to use my permit and not waist the grand opportunity.

I have the Northern BC Back Roads Map Book- There is a road in the map book that looks like ferry/barge access from Telegraph Point, I thought that road would be private and the ferry/barge operated by the logging company. Does anyone know about access on that road?

I am open to being dropped by a float plane to hunt by foot also. What lake is a good one? Any Moose hunters been back looking for a big boy to tip over...

City Slicker
03-10-2012, 10:38 AM
On more thought-

I bet the lakes will not be open and the ice too thin for ski plane..., so the float plane is not an option but has anyone know if you can land a wheeled aircraft of that logging road accross from Telegraph Point? If you have been back on that road is it worth just hiking up the road looking up the mountain?

gitnadoix
03-11-2012, 12:02 AM
You could land one there but you it would be a vertical landing and only once....

the logging company has not been active in there for a few years....