PDA

View Full Version : Atlin LEH 6-27 A Sheep Draw!!

Bromley
03-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Hey there guys & gals!

I just got the confirmation today that I was drawn for an Atlin sheep draw 6-27 Zone A: Aug 1- Oct 15th!!

I did some poking around on the site and on the net but I just wanted to reach out to some of you knowledgeable hunters out there.

I am doing some research but I do not know much about the area. I would be thrilled if someone could send me a PM or post some information on here about how I should go about this hunt from:

1)Should I drive from Kelowna? If so a good place to park the rig?

2) Where/ Who should I contact about getting into/out of the area (Plane / Boat)

3) What area I should focus around/ WHAT TIME of the draw would be best.

4) And/Or share your experiences with the area

I thank you very much for your time and information in advance, it is more than appreciated.

I may have a friend tagging along to film/photograph the entire thing for his hunting business/endeavors so that would be a treat to share with the HBC community!

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you guys!

Bromley
03-12-2012, 01:39 PM
84 views! no love!! haha any information would be great guys much appreciated.. BUMPBUMP

Caveman
03-12-2012, 01:41 PM
What unit is your draw? East or West side of the lake?

boxhitch
03-12-2012, 02:22 PM
6-27 A
between Tagish and Bennett
Fly into either and hike toward the other ? IHNFI :)

brno375
03-12-2012, 10:26 PM
1. Sure, why not if you have the time?

2. Google gives up Osprey Air and Atlin Air Charters

3. Mid August at the headwaters of **** Creek

4. I have never been there.

Bromley
03-14-2012, 02:35 PM
i talked to the gentlemen at atlin air charters, great guy, very flexible, I will probably end up going with him. Still working on which lakes to get into and where to go from there as I am fairly green. Thanks to those so far, still looking for a little more information if available thanks guys!

Bromley
04-16-2012, 04:43 PM
does anyone know what the pressure is like in this area? I am trying to decide if I want to go in for opening day ( + a few days early) or wait for a very sheep savy friend and go in around the 8th or 9th of august?

Thanks again HBC, look forward to your responses!

lorneparker1
04-16-2012, 06:17 PM
does anyone know what the pressure is like in this area? I am trying to decide if I want to go in for opening day ( + a few days early) or wait for a very sheep savy friend and go in around the 8th or 9th of august?

Thanks again HBC, look forward to your responses!

I have never sheep hunted. However, I would go for opening day for the obvious reasons that the sheep will be dumber with no pressure yet, and i cant imagine there are TONS of heards, so by the 8th or 9th, There will be some great sheep already dead.

Lorne

olharley guy
04-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Howdy, a 1 or 2 days early! later

Bromley
04-16-2012, 08:14 PM
lots of pressure in the area?

boxhitch
04-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Call to MOE would get you harvest stats, and hunter success rates, easily.
Harder may be the population stats

blackbart
04-16-2012, 09:53 PM
LEH = you should have a pretty darn good idea as to the pressure. Has anyone else wondered how many years those cranker rams have eluded hunters without getting themselves shot?? (my way of saying that they don't all get shot at daylight on August 1st)

I would wait for your buddy with the experience. Don't overlook going a little later as well.

Have fun and enjoy the mountains.

Bromley
07-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Well thank you guys! I am still deciding where abouts in the area to go but I am flying into Whitehorse on Aug 23rd and going from there! I have done so much research that I think I am actually back to square one with confusion and indecisivness. If anyone would like to send me a PM I would love it! Thanks again yall!

gutpile
07-13-2012, 05:48 PM
I think if you really did your research you won't be confusion or indecisive !

Bromley
07-14-2012, 01:35 AM
Thanks for your input one horn buck.....but I do not make this up for fun in my spare time! I hear so many different stories/opinions from so many qualified people its hard to make a decision! Enjoy your weekend. I will be mulling away, so excited for this hunt and excited to report back to all the kind people on this sight that take time to help others!

Riverboatfantasy
07-14-2012, 12:48 PM
If me, I would ditch the LEH tag and fuggedaboudit.

I would hunt for Stone's in and around Muncho Lake/Stone Mountain Park/ Folding Mountains or Toad River area. Opportunities for elk, moose, goat and caribou depending upon the area you choose to hunt.

Bromley
07-14-2012, 03:37 PM
RBF .... fair enough, totally true! I am so green on sheep hunting I just wanna go and what happens happens, as long as we all come back in one piece with some experience!

I put in for the tag, I drew it, so I feel responsible/ I should go to the area I drew and try; however, in later years I think I will do exactly what you suggested!

All a learning process and loving it!

Tuffcity
07-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Bromley,

See you in that airport on the 23rd. I'll be on my way home- let you know how we made out. :)

RC

cameron0518
07-18-2012, 11:57 PM
I have asked for help before and have helped many but this is the perfect thread of asking for help that pisses a lot of guys off on here. If you want to hunt the tough hunts, know your stuff a bit.

Bromley
07-19-2012, 12:48 AM
Tuffcity look forward to it! Good luck and be SAFE!

cameron0518..... not going to waste my breath!

Got the trip planned and cannot wait to fill in everyone who has been so helpful!

cameron0518
07-19-2012, 01:45 AM
No worries but good luck anyways.
Tuffcity look forward to it! Good luck and be SAFE!

cameron0518..... not going to waste my breath!

Got the trip planned and cannot wait to fill in everyone who has been so helpful!