PDA

View Full Version : 100 mile house?

7mmag
10-22-2006, 02:07 AM
Can anyone offer some advice on hunting the 100mile area for mulies and whitetails in the middle of november. I'm alittle consernd about not conecting, as it'll be my only hunt this year:mad: and I don't know the area. I espaically would like a white tail because I've never taken one in BC.

Even a nice place to camp would be great!

mark
10-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Dont even bother with a whitale tag if your only hunting in 100 mile. While there is the odd one, they are still pretty rare! Mid nov. is prime time up there, Trust me i lived there for 20 years! As for where, well ya cant go wrong. Any where from 100 mile - to the north. Dont hunt south of town, no deer there (trust me). I shot lots of big bucks up there most were VERY close to town! The big ridge above the sawmills is an awesome spot, or the old ski hill is another excellent hotspot, but pretty much anywhere is good.

tooty
10-22-2006, 08:47 PM
When we lived there spring lake road at 111 mile.108 mile .Timothy mt. by lac la hache.All good areas to get deer.

Silent Wolf
10-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Just hope the weather is cooler then, i was up there opening day for two weeks and zip only little dinks. Not worth cutting a tag over, I hunt east of 100mile slim pickings this year, lots of does just no bucks yet.

SW

Nosferatu
10-22-2006, 11:22 PM
I was up there opening day and got skunked but my partner got a 4x5 that first evening. I was there last week working on my lot and went for a drive one afternoon, saw a really big 4 point but he was a little too fast for me. I might try again mid november.

7mmag
10-24-2006, 02:47 AM
Thanx for the help guys. I think I'll go north of town aways frist I've been to lac la hache before.(in summer) I'll look closer to town if that dosn't work. Hope I have some pics to show off when I get back.

WoodOx
10-25-2006, 11:58 PM
Wish yah the best of luck!