PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Region 4

Revy Hunter
03-05-2012, 10:58 PM
New to the site and have been lurking for a while enjoying the forum. Decided it was about time to say "Hi" and post a joke for all.

Two hunters got a pilot to fly them into the far north for some moose hunting. They were quite successful in their venture and bagged four big bulls. The pilot came back, as arranged, to pick them up. They started loading their gear into the plane, including the four moose. But the pilot objected and he said, "The plane can only take two of your moose, you will have to leave two behind." They argued with him; the year before they had shot four and the pilot had allowed them to put all aboard. The plane was the same model and capacity. Reluctantly, the pilot finally permitted them to put all four aboard. But when they attempted to take off and leave the valley, the little plane could not make it and they crashed into the wilderness. Climbing out of the wreckage, one hunter said to the other, "Do you know where we are?" "I think so," replied the other hunter. I think this is about the same place where we landed last year!"

I haven't been hunting for a long while and have decided to get back into it as my boys are at the age where they are showing a great interest in hunting. I grew up hunting and shooting from a young age and have realized I want to give my kids the same great memories I have of my dad and hunting. Looking forward to this spring and getting back out in the bush.

Revy Hunter

bigdaddy
03-06-2012, 12:19 AM
well hello revy hunter..yes defenetly get your boys into the sport.its good for em,and crap ,your in reg 4 ,you got alota good area near by

91Jason91
03-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Good story man and welcome to the site
Jason

fearnodeer
03-06-2012, 06:49 AM
lol thats a great joke, welcome to the site and how old are your kids ?

Revy Hunter
03-06-2012, 05:15 PM
My kids are 8 and 10 and have been out shooting for the last couple of years. Due to an accident loading my quad last spring, hunting season along with the whole year were pretty much a write off. Getting around pretty good so hopefully a spring bear hunt coming soon.

Thanks for the welcome.

bigdaddy
03-06-2012, 05:40 PM
My kids are 8 and 10 and have been out shooting for the last couple of years. Due to an accident loading my quad last spring, hunting season along with the whole year were pretty much a write off. Getting around pretty good so hopefully a spring bear hunt coming soon.

Thanks for the welcome.

your 10 year old is old enuf to do the core and get his own tags and leh.

k-dawg
03-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Nice joke! Welcome to the site, I too have a pair of young monsters 5 and 9.
K-Dawg

REMINGTON JIM
03-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Welcome to HBC - great to see you doing stuff with your kids ! Good joke too ! Where in rg-4 are you located ? Cheers RJ

jtred
03-06-2012, 07:24 PM
My girls are also 8 and 10. Last the 10 year got her first youth hunter card meaning she could hunt on my license, it was a blast taking her out grouse hunting. This will be her first spring Turkey season and she is deadly with both my 22 and 17hmr. I love taking the kids out. Great joke by the way and enjoy the site here, lots of good info spread throughout.

kennyj
03-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Welcome. You sure live in a great area. Good luck out there.
kenny