PDA

View Full Version : 6 week wait

tundra
03-05-2012, 08:32 PM
After waiting 6 weeks it is finally in my hands. My new Hoyt Carbon Element.
Just needs some fine tuning then time to put it to work.
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t402/tundra38/DSCF0307.jpg
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t402/tundra38/DSCF0308.jpg
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t402/tundra38/DSCF0309.jpg

BCLongshot
03-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Wow that is gorgeous !!!

REMINGTON JIM
03-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Man thats a bit of a upgrade from my old HOYT ! Bows have sure come a long ways in 10 years ! LOL RJ

Superdeuce
03-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Nice rig...I am at 8 weeks for my Matrix..

Bow Walker
03-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Wow.....not much else to say about that. Awesome looking bow.

"Collector's Edition" ? Are you going to just hang it on your wall? ;) :)

If I might comment seriously?............you may find it beneficial to shorten up your D-loop thereby gaining a tad in power stroke.
Also you might want to unclip your peep tubing and reclip it a little straighter (less twisted). Yo might not even need it after the strings settle in.....

tundra
03-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Wow.....not much else to say about that. Awesome looking bow.

"Collector's Edition" ? Are you going to just hang it on your wall? ;) :)

If I might comment seriously?............you may find it beneficial to shorten up your D-loop thereby gaining a tad in power stroke.
Also you might want to unclip your peep tubing and reclip it a little straighter (less twisted). Yo might not even need it after the strings settle in.....

Thanks Bow Walker Like I tell my wife about my truck I didn't buy it to just look at it. LOL The guys at the shop I bought the bow from put the D loop on and yes I want to shorten it up. As for the peep sight tube it was straight but towards the end of the 3d shoot at semiahmoo it started to twist and such as the strings started to stretch. I think I only have about 100 arrows through it so far. I also have to re tune it because the center shot sucks I will be working on that this week before I head down to abbotsford for the ridgedale 3d shoot.

tundra
03-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Nice rig...I am at 8 weeks for my Matrix..

I hate the waiting game. I was like a kid waiting for christmas morning. LOL

Superdeuce
03-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Damn near got a Element as the dealer had 2 in stock hanging on his rack at the time just after Christmas but I wanted the longer axle to axle for my draw length...so here I wait... Sold my Elite Pure yesterday to make room for it....hoping I don't regret it. I don't think I will.

tundra
03-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Damn near got a Element as the dealer had 2 in stock hanging on his rack at the time just after Christmas but I wanted the longer axle to axle for my draw length...so here I wait... Sold my Elite Pure yesterday to make room for it....hoping I don't regret it. I don't think I will.
The Carbon Matrix is a great shooter as well I know a couple guys that have it.

calvin L
03-06-2012, 08:37 PM
I would love to get hands on one. For now. I will have to keep shooting my apha max. I wish I had more time to shoot. Hoping to get to summer land on sunday with my son brayden it would be his first shoot @ 3 1/2 years old. I will try to go depending on the weather for him not me lol

Calvin L

Gumsehwah
03-06-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm silently in awe.

Damn, that is one sexy bow. :-)

Superdeuce
03-31-2012, 11:55 AM
...and my wait is now over too...cheaped out on the Bone Collector edition though.... I split the baby on the 60# vs 70# debate and went 65...tops out at 68 on the scale. I think the bucks should just keel over in sheer awe...I know my wife would if she saw the VISA bill.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/Superdeuce/P3230109.jpg

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/Superdeuce/P3230106.jpg

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/Superdeuce/P3230105.jpg

tundra
03-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Nice have you had a chance to shoot it yet? If you find your arrows slipping in that quiver try the octane it has a magnetic hood. I like you are hoping the Bucks drop in awe for me too!

rifleman
03-31-2012, 12:39 PM
definitely jealous. well worth the wait.... beauty bow

Superdeuce
03-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Although I shoot fixed heads, I still got the dual gripper quiver to keep the FMJ's nice and secure, and keep the Montecs razor sharp. Have not put it to work yet.

Elshooto
04-01-2012, 10:01 AM
those are some sweet looking bows. think i'm gonna head out and let some arrows fly!!

Bow Walker
04-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Good idea - it's finally stopped raining here......been at it on-and-off for quite some time now.

I'm in the process of setting up my backyard range - we just moved in - since I have a good 20yd open area where I can start shooting.

Can't wait to get back into practice.

fozzy
04-02-2012, 08:27 AM
There is a couple nice looking bows gents! What sights, rests and such did you guys use?
I too am waiting, still about three weeks 'till my Element arrives.

greybark
04-02-2012, 09:41 AM
On this Bow you shorten or lengthen your string by twisting the Risers ....
Cheers

blackwater moose
04-02-2012, 04:07 PM
a buddy of mine bought one last year and loves it , awesome bow

tundra
04-02-2012, 04:54 PM
I have the trophy ridge micro alpha 5 pin sight, the fuse whisker biscuit, the fuse carbon connexion hunter stabilizer and the octane magnetic quiver with a blacks creek guide gear wrist sling. It is well worth the wait Fozzy

Superdeuce
04-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Fozzy - I just stripped my accesories off my last bow. You can see the Fuse QAD rest, Fuse Carbon blade stab and Hoyt 2 piece quiver in the pics which happened to match up nice with my blackout...the sight is an HHA 5519 rheostat single pin slider which I like. Code Red would be a nice rest on a blackout too. I thought about going with a detachable quiver so I could remove it when treestand hunting but the sight mounted quivers do do not fit well with the slider sight....if I had gotten one it would have been a Tighspot quiver and I was going to change out the HHA for the Black Gold Ascent sight...happy with the 2 piece though in the end. Someone has a Tightspot on the HBC classifieds the other day when I looked. Certainly expensive for quivers but in for a penny, in for a pound.