PDA

View Full Version : Lutan-F Tanning Kit in Canada?

mr_verbatim
03-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Hi all,

I was hoping a few people here could provide me some resources for a Lutan-F Tanning Kit here in Canada and better yet, local to the central/east Kootenay's.

I have a Moose hide sitting in the freezer that I want to start tanning in the spring. Not to mention the upcoming Deer and Elk pelts this fall.

Any ideas where I can find a fair price??

Thanks,

Dan

Walking Buffalo
03-05-2012, 09:08 AM
AAA Supply House located in Calgary.

http://www.aaasupplyhouse.com/index.htm

mr_verbatim
03-05-2012, 11:27 AM
I thought I replied to this once already....

Thanks WB....... I welcome other sources as well.

Thanks again,

Dan

SHAKER
03-05-2012, 10:09 PM
I thought I replied to this once already....

Thanks WB....... I welcome other sources as well.

Thanks again,

Dan

Got a whole bunch of Lutan...... Sodium Bi.... tanning oil.... acid. Just add salt and water! PM me if you want some.

mr_verbatim
04-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks Shaker..... I might take you up on that after I take care of a few things...

I did get the moose hide pickled and tanned, but who know how it's going to turn out in the end..... There has to 10 different methods out there on how to use lutan-F combined with the pickle, neutralizing etc....

It's oiled and drying, then I'm going to hit it with a little sander hooked up to my compressor to get the little junk out of the way and thin it out a bit. I might be looking at some hair slip, but that issue began began before I knew I was going to tan this thing..... All-in-all, not bad for a late decision and my first go at tanning by the look of it though.

Dan

Walking Buffalo
04-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks Shaker..... I might take you up on that after I take care of a few things...

I did get the moose hide pickled and tanned, but who know how it's going to turn out in the end..... There has to 10 different methods out there on how to use lutan-F combined with the pickle, neutralizing etc....

It's oiled and drying, then I'm going to hit it with a little sander hooked up to my compressor to get the little junk out of the way and thin it out a bit. I might be looking at some hair slip, but that issue began began before I knew I was going to tan this thing..... All-in-all, not bad for a late decision and my first go at tanning by the look of it though.

Dan

If you want a soft hide, NOW is the time to be stretching it.