PDA

View Full Version : griz in 7-40

trapman
03-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Well we didn't get the draws in the unit we would have liked to but thank god for the little ,will take any unit box on the bottom of the leh form. Rick and myself have draws in 7-40 and would like any info you could give us .In return we would love to give back to all of you a great story and lots of pics on the trip
Thanks Glen

The Dawg
03-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Lots of BIG grizz up there. PM Moosinaround- he knows that area.

.330 Dakota
03-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Now thats a drive, I have been told that if you talk to the natives at Ft Ware they are very friendly and helpfull. ASsking permission to hunt their territory I have heard goes a long way in the respect department

trapman
03-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Thanks .330 dakota ,ya you can never have to many friends

Hammerhead
03-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks for posting this up Glen and thanks 330 Dakota for the heads up on making some friends first before hunting up there, sounds like good advice. Been looking at it on Google Earth and the map books, doesnt look like just a long weekend hunt, maybe take that long to just get there. If any one has any advice that they can offer we would appreciate the imput. Thanks again and good luck to all the Grizz draws
Rick

Brett
03-05-2012, 11:32 PM
I have been told that if you talk to the natives at Ft Ware they are very friendly and helpfull.

doing a search may result in differing opinions on this.....

but yes If you are going to be there you best talk to someone and ask permission...

willyqbc
03-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Do a search on here.....you will find stories of looted camps and more than 1 instance of "armed stand-offs" in guys camps. From what I have read it seems like the lawless wild west up there.

Chris

p.s. - I was also informed by someone in the know that you should pack no booze and a couple 45 gallon drums of fuel.

Hammerhead
03-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks guys. Looks like it could be a real interesting area to hunt. If anyone has anything to say or share about any negative experiences up there and would rather pm me please do so. We don't have unlimited time to spend up there on a hunt and any way to avoid any BS wou

Hammerhead
03-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Hit the wrong key there. Meant to say would sure helpRick

trapman
04-17-2012, 11:02 PM
while its a little closer to spring up there or not ,just wondering if anyone has anymore info of 7-40 that they would like to tell
Thanks Glen

bowhunterbruce
04-18-2012, 04:25 AM
pm on the way

junkyard_g
04-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Its not as bad up there as some say, but do exercise caution. camp off the beaten path and hide your truck if unattended for a long time. has nothing to do with the fact that its fn, just bored kids in timbuctu with low income and nothing better to do looking to score free stuff if left unattended. most people up there are friendly. there is a gas station in tsay kay if u need supplies in a pinch, rcmp too. haven't ventured into fort ware. only hunted up there in the fall and all the g bear sign was up high that time of year.

trapman
04-19-2012, 11:44 PM
thanks guys starting to get excited

Glenny
04-20-2012, 12:28 AM
We hunted 7-40 next door there. We were able to fuel up at that big logging camp at the end of Williston Lake. Prepare to pay pretty well double there. Big country with lots of griz sign everywhere. Camp well off the main roads. Good luck