PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in 5-14?

scoutlt1
03-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Hi all,
I've been looking for a little patch of heaven to use as a base for hunting, as well as somewhere to go and just hang out in the summer to fish, ride, etc.
I've found a couple of potential spots that are west of Williams Lk, in 5-14 and close to 5-13.
I've done some fishing and camping in the area years ago, but just wondering if anyone had any input from a hunting (deer, moose, bear, etc.) standpoint?
Thanks!

kentucky
03-04-2012, 06:35 PM
We have hunted 5-14 for the last 12 years and this last year was the worst. Lots of wolves, bears, but very few deer or moose[draw only].Can be busy with hunters in the first half of the season.

BCBairdo
03-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I agree with Kentucky...never see such a drop in deer population as with the last couple of years around Williams Lake and in particular 5-14 where we do quite a bit of hunting. I probably see 5 wolf tracks to every deer track when hiking these days.

scoutlt1
03-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Hmmm.....well it's nice country, I know that.
Maybe I need to buy a place up there and get into wolf hunting....

CraigOC
03-04-2012, 11:43 PM
My buddy was up hunting there for 2 weeks at the end of september, plenty of black bear around, didn't see a single moose which he had a tag for until the second to last day he was there, bagged it, and left. No other signs of deer or other moose though.