PDA

View Full Version : Steamboat Mt Outfitters

Jim Prawn
03-04-2012, 12:06 PM
I gather Steamboat Mt Outfitters has changed ownership in the last couple of years, has anyone used them since the new owners took over? Contemplating a drop off for sheep in 2013.
JP

proguide66
03-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Their area sucks

tanner
06-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Yes, Steamboat Mountain Outfitters is under new ownership. Take a look at our website, http://www.steamboatmountainoutfitters.ca/Home.html .
In regards to proguide66's comment, the guide outfitter hunt game from the same area as we do, so the game quality we provide is the same as what the guide outfitters get for their clients. Proguide66 has a lot of hunting and guiding experience, but must not be familiar with our boundaries, or he wouldn't have made that statement.

We have successful repeat clients. Check out some of 325's threads on this forum.

bridger
06-22-2013, 08:03 PM
We have hunted that area lots over the years with good success.

06-22-2013, 08:53 PM
Steamboat is a top shelf outfit. I will be going with them my fourth year in a row this year if that indicates anything

Also proguide66 guides up there, or at least use to, so I'm sure he'd like to discourage resident competition

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
06-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Their area sucks
Why. Be like that?? Look at the pics of 325 there happy .... And now I'm more interested ....

06-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Hunted the area 4 times with Great Success, there's a reason the guide is still there too. Ya there's better places, but Man it's got some great country in it and Nice Critters too.

CT

boxhitch
06-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Contemplating a drop off for sheepNot a catered hunt to the end ? Interesting option for sure.

Pg , sour grapes ?

44inchStone
06-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Trying to discourage resident hunters? Funny isn't he a BC boy too?
I know the areas that Proguide66 and Steamboat are out of and have been successful in both areas. I have also hunted with Steamboat, taken some fine sheep, moose and elk. This is one guides opinion and something not new to resident hunters. I have also hunted the exact valleys that proguide guides in and have taken some really nice critters out of their too.
You are doing the best thing by asking others of their successes. A guide usually protects their areas and it also includes discouraging us residents to steer clear of the outfitters area they work for.
Of course Steamboats area is horrible......NOT! Just remember it is NOT a luxury pack or hunt, it's rustic with great horses and professional.

06-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Now Show us the Pic of that 44 inch Stone from that area. 44 is a dandy !

Proofs in the pudding.

CT

bridger
06-24-2013, 08:50 AM
The transporters i know all provide excellent service to resident hunters in good hunting areas, at reasonable prices. No need for guides to bash them. They are legitimate licensed business'.

riflebuilder
06-24-2013, 01:41 PM
We went into the Tuchodi by jetboat with Riverboat ventures a few years back. Got rained on everyday but it was fun and worth the money.

tarzan
06-24-2013, 02:47 PM
awesome to hear peoples thoughts, I am also planning my first sheep hunt and am going to use either Riverjet or Steamboat . Any further comments would be great. A

Gateholio
06-24-2013, 04:19 PM
While I don't speak for PG66, Im thinking that the comment he made a year ago was tongue in cheek.

06-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Tarzan I used both although both times were with each of their previous owners, Jeff Browne and Guy Scott, that said, both have been taken over by capable operators. It's all nice country up there. Your success Is depended on how hard you want to work and the time of year ya go. Just bust your balls getting in shape is # 1.

Good luck to you.

CT

proguide66
06-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Why. Be like that?? Look at the pics of 325 there happy .... And now I'm more interested ....
My comment was made with 100% comedy ,,, 'most' guys on here know I guided on the same area for years ..... Good ol Internet and emotions eh ?? Lmao

proguide66
06-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Trying to discourage resident hunters? Funny isn't he a BC boy too?
I know the areas that Proguide66 and Steamboat are out of and have been successful in both areas. I have also hunted with Steamboat, taken some fine sheep, moose and elk. This is one guides opinion and something not new to resident hunters. I have also hunted the exact valleys that proguide guides in and have taken some really nice critters out of their too.
You are doing the best thing by asking others of their successes. A guide usually protects their areas and it also includes discouraging us residents to steer clear of the outfitters area they work for.
Of course Steamboats area is horrible......NOT! Just remember it is NOT a luxury pack or hunt, it's rustic with great horses and professional.
You can check my post history any time , I'm one of the few guides that has always preached " there's enough game for all" , and I have shot down 'bully outfitters' many times on here for making residents "the enemy ". I also have a popular FB page called " Resident hunter" if you want to come check out. my stance on 'resident hunters' .