PDA

View Full Version : 4-38 Grizz info?

drewsky
03-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Howdy all! Drawn for spring g-bear. Goin in as a newbie to the area, but will start doing my homework and also seek info/advice if anyone can help.
Cheers! Thanx!

bowhunterbruce
03-04-2012, 08:11 AM
congrats on the draw
just a little advice though ,if your first post is asking for help you might not get alot of positive results
try introducing yourself,
tell us all a joke (hopefully we haven't heard it before lol) ,
post your honey holes,(after all thats what your asking for isn't it)
try using the search option on your needs as every year someone asks about this area.im sure you will find what your after there
other wise welcome to hbc
bhb

.330 Dakota
03-04-2012, 09:20 AM
I have never been there but lots of guys tell me that is rough country and access is tough. For the future try researching an area, then scouting it in the truck before applying for the tag. Not trying to be rude but I see lots of people waste a tag because the area turns out to be to be more challenging than they wanted for terrain so they stay home. There are (Im sure) lots of go hard backpack hunters that would use such a tag if it werer available to them. Just saying, research then scout then apply. Good luck with your hunt and I sincerely hope you do go.

drewsky
03-04-2012, 10:02 AM
OK, I get it! Thanx for the tip.

Ps - two Americans were driving through the countryside hunting bears, when they came to a fork in the road and a sign that read "BEAR LEFT"' so they went home!

GoatGuy
03-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Find slides, find bears. There are slides up most of the roads, trick is finding a road where they logged or have a heli-ski lodge road open.

RiverOtter
03-04-2012, 03:00 PM
One of the biggest problems in R-4 is the sno-go restriction, as a lot of the better areas don't open up until really late in the season, or just after.

4-38 does have some spots off the Mica Hwy(#23) though, if you don't mind putting on a few clicks with snowshoes.

Good luck this spring.

03-04-2012, 03:24 PM
If you don't have snowshoes, get some, and try and be prepared for lots of exercise! Good luck, and make sure you post pics of your bear.

drewsky
03-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Snow shoes are already packed! Judging by your user name, I take it you shoot the .325? Me too! Best calibre I've owned!