PDA

View Full Version : Slayer Broadheads

Big Lew
03-02-2012, 10:01 PM
While wandering about the Boat and Sportsperson Show I noticed a new hunting broad-head being offered called "Slayer". It is touted as a hybrid mechanical because when closed, it offers a 7/8" cutting surface, but when deployed it's 1 1/2". It has a chisel point and the blades are well set back to address quartering shot deflection problems. The only immediate potential negative I noticed was the use of an o-ring to keep the blades closed, but the ring is easy to use, and it is not frail. I purchased a set of 3 100 gr. 3 blade heads for $20.00, half price during the show. There was no salesperson there this afternoon, only the Manufacturing Representative. I grabbed his last 100 gr. 3 blade set on site, but hopefully there will be more to-morrow. Bow Hunters attending the Show Saturday and Sunday should be sure to check them out, and if willing to give them a try, like me, maybe you also can pick some up for half price.

Bow Walker
03-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Post up a pic of them Lew. Is there a link to their site?

Bow Walker
03-03-2012, 11:39 AM
OK - did a search and came up with this little video........

http://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=slayer+broadheads

Seems that their website is in the "coming soon" category.

Big Lew
03-03-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm not good at posting pictures, but if you go to 'you tube' and type in 'slayer broadheads,' there is a short video of them. (they are a new company and their website is not up yet) Also, I mistakenly said they were 3/4" while closed, when in fact, they're 7/8". They will have other similar heads available soon with larger cutting diameters, up to 3" I believe.

Ddog
03-03-2012, 12:15 PM
they look pretty cool,, but its soooooo hard to leave the mechanical spitfires i've been using since they first came out, but for $20 bucks i would give em a try for sure, wish i could pick some up

Riverbc
03-03-2012, 07:21 PM
is this them? http://www.crossbownation.com/forum2/uploads/deb321dd8fe58d8c04c081ac2caccac3.png

Bow Walker
03-04-2012, 11:23 AM
That's them alright.

TheProvider
03-04-2012, 11:30 AM
you'll have to let us know how they perform, very similiar to swhacker broadheads and I've heard a lot of great things about them specially with quartering shots

Rusty Shackles
03-08-2012, 10:14 PM
I bought a pack cuz they are cheap and look ok. But that huge O-ring must block a lot of air when in flight. And the blades need to be way sharper. Also the blades do not all close the same and some are sticky to open. The design looks good but they need to be cleaned up a lot before they will really preform. I have not shot mine yet as my bow is in the shop. They will defanetly kill if you hit vitals. But I need to find out if they like to fly 350fps. I have my doughts but i will know soon. I hope they work...

Big Lew
03-08-2012, 11:09 PM
I too, noticed the possibility of the thick and protruding o-ring effecting optimum performance, but for the price, I thought I'd give them a try. (haven't done it yet)