PDA

View Full Version : Wolves. Coyotes.

CurryNV
02-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Looking to get out there this week, just don't where out there is. I've heard Princeton, Clinton, Gangranch.

My brother and I are planning on getting after it and were wondering if anybody had any suggestions on areas. Anybody heard anything about Lytton being good?

Have a prey call... Understand that it can be tricky. Just looking to get out there.

Anything will be greatly appreciated.

Jagermeister
02-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Rent a cabin off BigFishCanda at Red Lake and then go fill your boots up on the Plateau.

CurryNV
02-29-2012, 12:32 AM
Stunning. You reckon I go buy some other calls? Just have a hand held squeaker.

CurryNV
02-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Rent a cabin off BigFishCanda at Red Lake and then go fill your boots up on the Plateau.

Can't seem to find the website. You have a link? Thanks a ton.

CurryNV
02-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Found the cabin. Is just yotes up there? Anybody have anything to add, I'd love to hear. Cabin's are super nice. What is the "plateau" up there called?

Jagermeister
02-29-2012, 11:02 AM
If you get back up towards Tranquille Lake, you may encounter wolves. They are in the area, it's just getting to the encounter part that may be hard as wolves are very elusive. Since today is Wednesday, buy a bobcat lynx tag as you have as equal chance of seeing one of those.
And BFC is a sponsor on this site.
And it is called the Tranquille Plateau. The Boneparte Plateau is to the north-west.

Brew
02-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Went to Clinton last week and only saw one set of yote tracks. Made about 20 stands and nothing. I figure they went down closer the Fraser. Didn't make it out to the gang. Buddy forgot the chains for his truck. Went down to Merritt and got one yote. All the coyotes spotted were all in the lowland areas. Higher up there was no tracks or sign of animals. Coyotes do migrate to lower areas when snow starts to accumulate in there home range. Good luck on your hunt and I hope a snowstorm doesn't ruin your hunt like it did ours.

CurryNV
02-29-2012, 06:40 PM
All very valid points. Weather seems to be an issue, but we'l prepare as best we can. A few people have pm'd me and given some very useful advice. It would seem that they are more North than expected. And as far as them being elusive goes, I'm fine with that. It is, after all, hunting. Should I buy a cougar tag? And we plan on going mid week next week or during the next weekend.

bc traper
02-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Check yhe regs bobcat is closed