PDA

View Full Version : Areas around cranbrook and princeton

russm
02-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Last august i was up in cranbrook for a wedding and saw quite a few does and a couple cow elk and thought it would be a good spot to go hunting, I've got a couple trail cams that i want to put out and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction so I'm not wasting my time looking for a starting point,im not looking for anyones spots just a starting point i don't need any trophys this upcoming season will be my third so a freezer buck is more than enough.

Also last season i went up to princeton a couple times around whipsaw creek,it seemed like a good area but i was unable to do any sort of scouting before so i wasn't sure if i was where i needed to be.

Feel free to send me a PM any sort of help is much appreciated.

grizzlydueck
02-28-2012, 10:59 AM
wipshaw-friday -sat creeks were some the hottest spots in bc =before they got cleaned out ! I still dream of what it would of been like to hunt there in the 70-80's for those monster mulies ! If your thinking of a meat hunt in the cranbrook area -the best place to fill your tag on alfalfa fed cows=is the CITY FIELDS 5 min from cranbrook =SOO TASTEY ! And take it to ricks meats to get processed!
No, but seriously ! lol there are lots of places around here that you can be successful. i'll pm you !

sina
10-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Hello,
I am a new hunter and got an antler less Elk (LEH) for Cranbrook.
Can any one provide me with a starting point in south east of Cranbrook.

betteroffishing
10-01-2013, 12:45 PM
id start at the local farm supply store with an " i have an antlerless elk tag " sign on my truck and wait for the right farmer to come in whose needs coincide with your legal ability. something tells me an antlerless elk in cranbrook shouldnt be too hard to find . good luck and get on out there . remember to post pics and embellishing the story is half the fun.

Phreddy
10-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Whipsaw was an awesome place to hunt in the 50's and 60's. Unfortunately, the whole Princeton area has become a gong show due to its proximity to large population areas like the coast and a couple of Okanagan areas. Last time I ever hunted the Whipsaw was around 1966 and some dude took a shot at me, hopefully mistaking me for a deer, and when I yelled out he took off down the hill and I never did see him. I only heard his footfalls. From what I've heard over the years from other locals it's worse now than it was back then.
wipshaw-friday -sat creeks were some the hottest spots in bc =before they got cleaned out ! I still dream of what it would of been like to hunt there in the 70-80's for those monster mulies ! If your thinking of a meat hunt in the cranbrook area -the best place to fill your tag on alfalfa fed cows=is the CITY FIELDS 5 min from cranbrook =SOO TASTEY ! And take it to ricks meats to get processed!
No, but seriously ! lol there are lots of places around here that you can be successful. i'll pm you !

russm
10-04-2013, 03:18 PM
This threads going back a little while lol, I did check out whipsaw shortly after I made this thread and the only thing I saw was a doe on the side of the highway on the way there.