PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who been robbed by a seal

sky-gunner
02-25-2012, 02:48 AM
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/news/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/2012/02/24/fisherman-on-vancouver-island-invents-killer-whale-powered-seal-repellent-orca-stra

Livewire322
02-25-2012, 03:20 AM
That's what a club is for! :)

Bushman
02-25-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm going to have some real fun with my new Orca-Stra and save roughly a hundred or so of our returning coho from ever-growing herds of piggish sea lions and seals come next November.
Thank-you for the much-needed invention Ron McDonough.

buck nash
02-25-2012, 09:59 AM
I wonder if the rest of the salmon would be spooked by the sounds as well though. Doesn't say if that's been tested.

Marlin375
02-25-2012, 10:05 AM
I wonder if the rest of the salmon would be spooked by the sounds as well though. Doesn't say if that's been tested.

Yup I would say you might want to make sure you have a good hook set. Once the springs hear the killerwhales coming they tend to dissapear also.

Whonnock Boy
02-25-2012, 10:09 AM
I wonder if the rest of the salmon would be spooked by the sounds as well though.

I would have to think that it will. I would also think that if enough fisherman have this device, the seals would soon learn that it was a falsity. I would also like to think that when the real orcas show up, the seals, with their false sense of security, will be an easy lunch. :-D