PDA

View Full Version : New Kid

Walkntalk
02-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Hi to all on the site.

I am Not exactly new here as I've been lurking for about 18 months now and am, therefore fully aware of the rule that the 1st post must be a joke. This'll be one you can tell your (older) kids.

First, though, I want to say thanks to those that started and moderate this site. Great job! I strive to be an ethical person and hunter and am glad to read here that so many share those values and that few here tolerate anything less.

I am into my 40's and started hunting late. So far I have hunted on my own, so home / self study has been a big thing for me and this site and it's members have been a huge help. Between the info written here, sometimes between the lines, and a few tips from my friends I cut my 1st tag last fall.

A little under 12 months after my 1st hunt I got my CV Whitey Doe, and she is TASTY! The kids think so too. Hoping to put some spring blackie ham on the table this fall too!

And on that note ...

How do you catch a black bear? Simple ... dig a deep hole in the ground and build a roaring fire at the bottom. Let the fire burn out and scatter the ashes until they cover the entire bottom area of the hole. Next, place frozen peas all the way around the edeg of the hole with a 1cm space between each and hide in your ground blind nearby. Then, when the bear comes to take a pea, you kick him in the ash hole. Easy.

Thanks again for the tips.

Walkntalk

Steeleco
02-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Better late then not at all. I'd say welcome but you've been here "forever"!!!!

CanuckShooter
02-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Bwaaaa...good one!! About time you quit lurking!! What's your work? How many kids? First deer pics? Get posting.CS

Tikka270
02-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Welcome.... You've been a member longer then me!

Walkntalk
02-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

1st dear photos were taken where she lay and a little bloody about her, so not the best for posting.

Blue collar man, cleaning up other people's messes, so working wierd hours and days means I get the odd string of weekdays off to head out hunting (a bonus). Last year I managed 5 trips total, ranging from 3 to 6 days each. I hope to bump that up thus year with a couple of spring bear trips and maybe a shared moose hunt if my mates can get their poop together in time to apply.

2 kids, 3 & 4.5, so pretty hectic & a lot of. Egotiating needed at home to get away for 6 days at a time.

Hope to post some decent pics and stories over the next 9 months of this year.

Good luck to all.

CanuckShooter
02-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Wow late starter on the little ones! By the time I hit 40 my two were ready to move out. I managed two months straight last season....had a great time. Looking forward to seeing your blood free pictures of a bear for the larder!! CS

Livewire322
02-24-2012, 11:44 PM
As someones sig line says "This is a hunting forum you know guts and dead animals and stuff" so let's see your deer I'm sure it's not that bad!

fearnodeer
02-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Good to see ya up to posting, hope you have a great year ahead and are able to share some of your thoughts and stories with the rest of us.

hunter1947
02-25-2012, 03:30 AM
Good joke and welcome aboard looking forward to your up coming posts ,all the best of luck with your hunts this up coming fall H-47.