PDA

View Full Version : LEH Moose in 5-15C

7mmWSM
10-18-2006, 03:42 PM
I am headed up to Likely (5-15C) for a moose draw second week in November. All of the threads offering advice on this region have been very helpful...thanks. I am wondering if anyone has been in this area recently, and can give me an update on weather conditions stage of the rut etc. Also what are my chances on getting close in enough in that terrain with a bow?

dawn2dusk
10-19-2006, 09:12 AM
I got an any bull draw for that area too I think. Is 5-15c around cariboo lake and spanish lake, part of quesnel lake?

Coming up Nov 3 to Nov 15.

Wow bow will be a challenge for sure.

Will be interested to see what else is posted on this.

Jagermeister
10-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Expect to encounter snow. My neighbor was told by some friends that it was snowing at a pretty clip day before yesterday.

islandhunter
10-19-2006, 09:49 AM
just got back from there yesterday. No snow that stuck but quite cold at night, - degrees for sure. We only saw one cow and lots of hunters. You gotta get away from the roads and find where they're hiding i think.

7mmWSM
10-19-2006, 10:42 PM
I think 5-15c starts on the north shore of quesnel lake, and includes spanish mtn. I think it borders on Cariboo Lake/River but not sure.

dawn2dusk
10-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Just wondering if any posters who live around 5-15 could provide a weather/road condition update for the area. I am a leaving this Sat to spend two weeks up there looking to fill any bull moose LEH and maybe an incidental mulie. Thanks alot

chinooker
10-30-2006, 06:55 PM
I live just north of Williams Lake and I have about 1 inch of snow in my yard. That area around spanish mountain is generally a snow belt and can have some unpredictable weather. I would expect to encounter some snow out there but the hunting should be good. Good luck!:smile:

dawn2dusk
10-31-2006, 09:43 AM
I live just north of Williams Lake and I have about 1 inch of snow in my yard. That area around spanish mountain is generally a snow belt and can have some unpredictable weather. I would expect to encounter some snow out there but the hunting should be good. Good luck!:smile:

Thanks Chinooker! I am prepared for snow. Hoping it is that delicate balance between enough snow to bring game down, make tracking easier, but not so much that cant get truck in and out. 4 days to go now! Man I love that country out there this time of year.

chinooker
10-31-2006, 09:54 PM
it was -15c here last night.

dawn2dusk
11-01-2006, 08:35 AM
yikes....that is cold. THank god for propane and bourbon :lol: