PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard of this outfit??

huntingpg
02-22-2012, 02:37 PM
was thinking about doing a buffalo hunt with this outfit but a friend led me to this artical... seems pretty sleezy

http://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/article/20110823/FORTSTJOHN0101/308239961/-1/fortstjohn/guiding-deal-gone-awry

sawmill
02-22-2012, 04:05 PM
$9000 sure seems like a lot of coin for a bison.Drive up to Dawson Creek and buy one for $1800.

GoatGuy
02-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Would go with Sikanni first.

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
02-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Would go with Sikanni first.

x2 Mike and Dixie hammett would be my choice ...when MVP left the halfway river area they fell trees across the trails as they left..not cool

elkdom
02-22-2012, 05:36 PM
$9000 sure seems like a lot of coin for a bison.Drive up to Dawson Creek and buy one for $1800.

or you can go to Beaverlodge Alta Livestock Auction, just accros the border from Dawson Creek ,one sale a month for Bison, I drive past the sign on the highway about 20 times a month,,,, I am not interested in buying a bison

a yearling Bison goes depending on crowd size and demand about $800 to $1000,,

and if the plan is for table fare, a yearling is about "As good As It Gets",,,,, for Bison meat

Vader
02-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Horse poop.. There is a very long story to all this and The Blueberry band has lost at every level of court so far. This is exactly what happens when a band robs from itself and blames others. Your access fee that is supposed to be shared by the band and so dilligently collected.. Most of it never sees the band books. The original agreement signed between MVP and the Band.. missing... all the accounting... missing from band HQ..
The only existing paperwork is provided by MVP.. The band dropped the trees.. to cause MVP economic harm.. MVP built new trails..

bridger
02-23-2012, 07:36 AM
Avoid the hassle and as others have suggested book with mike and Dixie

SHAKER
02-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Horse poop.. There is a very long story to all this and The Blueberry band has lost at every level of court so far. This is exactly what happens when a band robs from itself and blames others. Your access fee that is supposed to be shared by the band and so dilligently collected.. Most of it never sees the band books. The original agreement signed between MVP and the Band.. missing... all the accounting... missing from band HQ..
The only existing paperwork is provided by MVP.. The band dropped the trees.. to cause MVP economic harm.. MVP built new trails..

Something in that artical smelt....... the one of the last lines really makes me scratch my head.... The band was denied the permit by Ministry? HMMM why? you might be on to something Vader.

rds1995
02-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Dustin Roe is not the person many people think he is. Over and over again i hear stories of him and his family cheating the system.
He may kill lots of rams but he breaks alot of rules doing it!

02-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Dean and Katie Roe have been outfitting in the Cranbrook area for many years.

I haven't heard anything negative about them.

bigbear1985
02-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Dustin Roe is not the person many people think he is. Over and over again i hear stories of him and his family cheating the system.

thats a pretty bold statement... you have any facts to back that up. or you just jealous

MtnBoy
02-23-2012, 12:45 PM
I met Dustin this year at SCI. Just went up and started BS'n. Nice guy and had some good conversation. Seeing as he makes a living from the sheep resource, I was hoping he would consider coming to the WSSBC Convention. Said he was busy this year but possibly next. He was really frank about some of the stories going around and that was quite refreshing...(didn't give me the typical outfitter BS).

On a different note, I talked with the American that bought Jerry Geraci's guide area. Wow! that guy is a piece of work! Completely refused me strait up regarding bookings...

Vader
02-23-2012, 05:57 PM

You obviously know shat from shinola.. Just because a young fella makes a living as a guide/outfitter doesn't make him a butthole. He's good at what he does and has more than a few repeat hunters.. If there was hanky panky.. the clientel would never come back. Most have too much riding on their own reputations to be caught up in illegal activity.

GoatGuy
02-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Black eye must have come out of nowhere.

huntingpg
02-24-2012, 09:41 AM
is this dustin roe a well known hunter or somthing? is he from cranbrook aswell? didnt he just kill the world record stone sheep?