PDA

View Full Version : First timer

Dragginbait
02-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Well, now that I'm not allowed to eat red meat for 5 years because of the cancer diet I'm on, I traded my quad for a 17' Double Eagle and gal trailer with a 115 and a 8 horse kicker.
I was invited to a fishing derby at Cowichan Lake on the weekend. There is a 50cm limit on the lake and I caught a cutty that was 49 1/2. My fish was longer than the one someone caught the day before but his was 3 ounces bigger, so I missed out on a new 12' welded aluminum boat. I got second and got first pick of the other prizes and got a Stihl 170 chainsaw, so all in all it wasn't a bad weekend for fishing that lake for the first time and getting to use my new (to me) boat.

Thanks again to everyone that was there and Ron for giving me the ticket.

02-22-2012, 11:42 AM
nice work!
Cand shake a stick at a Sthil!

Philcott
02-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Terry,

Excellent news. That's a heck of a nice fish.

How did the boat run?

Have you got the MR3 spooled up yet?

Dragginbait
02-22-2012, 12:04 PM
I think there is some water in the , as it runs flat at higher rpm's but it's an e-z fix. The real is all spooled up and ready to go, just have to put a thermastat and impeller in the kicker, then I'll head out. Thanks again for the reel, that was awesome.

Second out of 100 guys is gonna be hard to beat in the upcoming years but I'm gonna try.

02-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Second out of 100 guys, and im sure a bunch of those guys know that lake real well. Sounds like you did really good!
i have fished the River all my life, but i have only heard stories about the lake.

Dragginbait
02-22-2012, 01:59 PM
I saw pix of a trout that was caught the same day that was at least 8 lbs. and another from the day before at 5 1/2 lbs. That would break my heart having to throw them back, they would look reel good up on the wall.