PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good slip on recoil pad?

untilthelastbeat
02-21-2012, 11:25 PM
whats the best bang for your buck with slip on recoil pads. dont wanna spend much more than 50 bucks. any advice apreciated.

Tikka270
02-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Any reason in particular you are going for the slip on over the regular limbsaver type?

MulieStalker
02-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Limbsaver all the way!!!!!!

grizzlydueck
02-22-2012, 12:29 AM
The best slip on is no slip on ? you can by a pachmayr or limbsaver for under 50 bucks ! The pach is easy to fit and fine tune =sand flush and won't stick to fleece while shouldering your weapon like the limbsaver does! good luck !

MulieStalker
02-22-2012, 01:50 AM
The limbsaver is a bit sticky!!!! But it really makes a huge difference. I have one on my Tikka T3 300 win mag and i can shoot that thing for days !!!!! A very good upgrade!!!

coquitlam
02-22-2012, 07:11 AM
you can get a limbsaver already sized for most popular guns . I would get a pre sized one and screw it on unless you are after 1 recoil pad to be used with a couple of different guns

wiggy
02-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Either the limbsaver slip on or the eze what ever. Ive heard the new eze is actually quite a bit better as its some special type of foam. If you google recoils you will find it. Quite sure it is not available in Canada
yet. I use a double recoil on my hunting rifle. I find that when its warm i can put the slip on over my regular pad and it fits my arm pull length perfect. Then when its time for cold weather hunting and im bulked up in my winter suit i take the slip on off and the pull is still good when shouldered against the extra bulk. Got taught this a long time ago and all my guns are set up the same

eastkoot
02-22-2012, 09:54 AM
The limbsaver is a bit sticky!!!!

Put some Armorall on it!!

Singleshotneeded
02-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Pachmayr Decelerator...Limbsaver is a little bit softer if you're putting it on a real thumper of a rifle.

Jagermeister
02-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Putting a slip on only extends the LOP which may make the firearm more uncomfortable to shoot. Putting a Limbsaver or like butt pad on properly should be left to a gunsmith which is going to put you over the fifty buck budget. You seem to not want to spend the bucks on the firearm which indicates to me that the gun is not worth the time or money to improve. Since you live on VI and not so far from Guntech, it would not be hard for you to seek his advice by visually presenting the firearm to him for a look see what can be done.

untilthelastbeat
02-22-2012, 02:31 PM
thanks for all the advice guys i apreciate it.
i guess i should have specified what im looking to do. im teaching my girlfriend to shoot so she can take a bear this year and shes about 105 lbs so the recoil from my dads .270 is just a little painful for her. i want her to be comfortable shooting and not develop a flinch. since it is my dads gun i cant put a permanent pad on it and i thought if i get a slip on then i can use it on my .300 wm when shes not using it on the 270.
i have looked at the pachmayr decelerator online so il do some research on the limbsaver and check out the reviews. thanks again guys.

Tikka270
02-22-2012, 02:39 PM
They also have shirts she can use that have pads in them where the rifle butt would rest against her shoulder. I have never used them but I have a browning jacket that has the pockets for them. Might be something worth looking into?