PDA

View Full Version : Anyone harvest a 200" mulie near mount grant in the last three years?

MulieStalker
02-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Was hunting Mt Grant three years ago and spooked up the biggest mulie I have ever seen!!!!! Wasnt able to get a shot off!!! Anybody get that big bugger?

fireguy
02-21-2012, 11:11 PM
He only went 197 5/8, wasn't as big as you thought.:wink:

I've missed opportunities on lot's of big bucks over the years and never heard about anyone taking them, they probably mostly ended up dear from natural causes like cougars ect.

MulieStalker
02-21-2012, 11:27 PM
He was so big it scared the shit out of me and i flinched for a split second!!!!! Was the biggest ive ever seen for sure!!!!!

91Jason91
02-21-2012, 11:31 PM
He was so big it scared the shit out of me and i flinched for a split second!!!!! Was the biggest ive ever seen for sure!!!!!
Ya I have seen some big ones in off season and you sit there and the thing looks like a elk almost hahha

MulieStalker
02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Yes for sure!!!!! the thing almost walked into me!!!!! It haunts my dreams to this day!!!!!!

MulieStalker
02-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Fireguy pm me if you have taken a big mulie in that area !!!!! im very curious if he is still around!!!!!

4pointer
02-22-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm always at Mt Grant. A few big guys hiding in the thickets. That area is pretty vast and I have taken a few "big" guys out of that area over the years. Mulies migrate through this area so depends what time of the year you saw him. He could of just been passing through. That area is hit and miss. With a little timing and a lot of luck, you will see the odd big guy coming through. I did hear of a "non-typical" taken out of there in 2010. Not sure the size but there was some talk locally.

MulieStalker
02-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Not that I want to give away any spots but that buck was a record book buck forsure!!!!!! I love that general area and will be back for bucky!!!!!!!

fireguy
02-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Fireguy pm me if you have taken a big mulie in that area !!!!! im very curious if he is still around!!!!!

I don't even know where Mt Grant is, although I'm probably going to look it up to satisfy my curiosity now. A big deer three years ago probably is dead but that's not to say his offspring aren't wandering around the same spot.

dana
02-22-2012, 07:27 PM
3 years means he could possibly be still around. I've killed individual bucks 6 years after seeing them for the first time. I certainly wouldn't be letting out the exact area on the internet. Gives a guy like me a good starting point to go kill yet another 200 incher. ;)

fowl language
02-22-2012, 08:13 PM
i would think the cat is out of the bag on that one dana. i,d be willing to bet that the mt. grant area will have a large number of hits on google earth in the near future....fowl

Jelvis
02-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Grant has monster mules? lol.

frenchbar
02-22-2012, 08:17 PM
the gutpile hunters will all meet at mt grant come sept lol

Jagermeister
02-22-2012, 08:58 PM
If it's the Mt. Grant I think it is, the gutpile hunters are going to be in for a surprise. West Fraser will be cutting and hauling wood out of that region like they were hauling wood out of the Quesnel area 10 years ago. If you intend on hunting the Boneparte Plateau, better invest in a good VHF radio. Logging trucks will be hot and heavy.

Elk-Aholic
02-22-2012, 11:19 PM
Wow the gut pile hunters will be loving this thread! A good starting point indeed

REMINGTON JIM
02-22-2012, 11:24 PM
If it's the Mt. Grant I think it is, the gutpile hunters are going to be in for a surprise. West Fraser will be cutting and hauling wood out of that region like they were hauling wood out of the Quesnel area 10 years ago. If you intend on hunting the Boneparte Plateau, better invest in a good VHF radio. Logging trucks will be hot and heavy.

There already hauling 100 's loads of logs out of there now - there won't be a tree left for a deer to hide behind !

4pointer
02-23-2012, 12:30 AM
There already hauling 100 's loads of logs out of there now - there won't be a tree left for a deer to hide behind !

I second that!!! Lots of trucks coming in. If only they'd put those bridges back in at the ski-doo crossings that way I wont get asked so much "how do I get across the Bonaparte? the maps says there's a crossing here!!"

Jelvis
02-23-2012, 01:15 PM
I was up by the Bonaparte Lake and it's been logged alright, no trees. Bear as a billiard table. Holly Molely.
Jelly (the steel ) Hammer Lake

dana
02-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Jelly,
It's not all logged....yet. I'm still hanging ribbon. :)

Frenchbar,
I guess I should be seeing dino and jeff up there any day now eh? ;)

dino
02-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Jelly,
It's not all logged....yet. I'm still hanging ribbon. :)

Frenchbar,
I guess I should be seeing dino and jeff up there any day now eh? ;)

LOL. You must be really bored. I would anti up for you but your so played out and no one wants to see the same old movie over and over and over again.

dana
02-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Imagine that, the leader of the gutpile chasers has showed up on this thread. Don't worry dino, you won't find this 200 incher either as you'll be busy gutting yet another 150 incher that you had premature trigger pull on. ;)

Drillbit
02-24-2012, 12:56 AM
^Holy Man, how do you get your toque on in the morning? Must be tight.

dino
02-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Imagine that, the leader of the gutpile chasers has showed up on this thread. Don't worry dino, you won't find this 200 incher either as you'll be busy gutting yet another 150 incher that you had premature trigger pull on. ;)

I sure hope so IM already down to a couple of bags of meat left.

BlacktailStalker
02-24-2012, 09:39 AM
. .

BigSlapper
02-24-2012, 09:03 PM
"yet another 200 incher" ... pump those tires baby ... pump those tires ....too funny ... Yawn