PDA

View Full Version : clnton to gangranch predator hunt

Brew
02-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Heading up for some calling this weekend for a few days and was just wondering what the snow conditions are like around the meadow lake road out to the gang ranch. Any help would be nice Thanks.

todbartell
02-21-2012, 09:01 PM
good luck, post some pics upon getting back!

lowband6
02-21-2012, 09:12 PM
When I go in there I check the highway camera at Begbie summit. If you click on the weather button under the picture it will give you current temp and percipitation past 24hrs. The web site is called drive bc.

bc traper
02-21-2012, 09:30 PM
It has been raining and snowing all day in Clinton Should be snow out as far as Indian Meadows Weather says a bit of snow off and on till the weekend Going to minus 15 so it should stay

shortroot
02-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Should not be much. We were driving most areas with pick-up last week, although there are hard snow drifts in the open areas. Had some new snow in the last couple of days, but melting as well. Saw 5 wolves between Alkali Lake Ranch and Dog Creek. They were on the river side of the Dog Creek Road, and appeared to possibly have a kill in one of the gullies as there were a few crows when I glassed them. Was working and just had ACL surgery so was not capable of giving chase. Stopped in at the Alkali Ranch and gave them the heads up, so not sure if all 5 are still in the area... Good luck on your venture.

Brew
02-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I would love to get a chance at some wolves.

coach
02-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I would love to get a chance at some wolves.

Good luck, Brew. I hope you connect! Looking forward to the story and pictures.

boxhitch
02-28-2012, 09:14 AM
So how did this work out ?
Was Bronc any help ?

shed-hunter1
02-29-2012, 09:13 PM
so you guys gone to tell us are what are did you think you could just drive up and shoot some wolves

Brew
02-29-2012, 09:24 PM
We headed up on friday and got at it early saturday morning. The snow was falling hard and the wind was gusty. We only saw a moose and one set of yote tracks. We did 12-14 stands using the foxpro and jack attack decoy and a full size coyote decoy. Headed for the Gang but realized the chains were left at home and did not want to get stuck that far out. The next day we woke up early and headed for kamloops and merritt and managed to bag one dog. The snow seemed to have pushed all the animals to the lowland areas. We saw lots of coyotes but all down low and in places where we could not legally shoot. I sure wish the weather was nicer on the saturday because we could have done a lot better closer to the fraser, but thats hunting.

coconut54
03-13-2012, 01:38 AM
This sounds like fun. If you guys ever find yourself looking for another partner feel free to give me a shout. I live in Burnaby BC, but I can make it where ever I am called.