PDA

View Full Version : Spring snow geese in alberta

fowlweather
02-19-2012, 10:29 PM
its self explanatory, does alberta offer spring hunting for sky carp? i will be there for three days in march

Craddosk
02-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Nope. I believe SK does.....

kyleklassen
02-20-2012, 07:16 PM
its self explanatory, does alberta offer spring hunting for sky carp? i will be there for three days in march

in the time it took you to type this you could have googled alberta hunting regs. and seen for yourself instead of taking someones word for it.

fowlweather
02-20-2012, 08:00 PM
the alberta hunting regs are all screwed up, none of the dates are actually posted in the main place regs, just chill out man i thought someone on here would know and i got the answer i wanted. I thought this forum was about getting help and not shutting others down.

heyblast
02-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Just checked the Alberta regs and the dates are there but your right its not the easiest site to follow. Suprised there is no spring Snow Goose season.

Walking Buffalo
02-21-2012, 10:06 AM
the alberta hunting regs are all screwed up, none of the dates are actually posted in the main place regs, just chill out man i thought someone on here would know and i got the answer i wanted. I thought this forum was about getting help and not shutting others down.

:confused:

ALL of the season dates are listed.

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/Hunting-Regs-2011.pdf

dutchie
02-28-2012, 03:56 PM

There is nothing simple about the Alberta Hunting Regs... they are definatly confusing. But the dates are on the same pages as the species. If you look at the regs there is a place that will say White Tail Deer, then a28-d15... the A28 is August 28th to December 15... but then you have to look further because it is a season... so that is archery season... then they have the special seasons in there (LEH) and they will have primitive season, then there is the gun season. It is convoluted at best!

I still have yet to find a person that can show me how to figure out thier WMU's... Around Edmonton here there are MU's in the 300's 500's 700's and 900's... and I can not find the WMU501 on any map but there is a hunting season for them there.

There is no easy way to read the regs here, that is why 95% of people will only hunt in one area or spacifically ask the farmers what the seasons are.

Dutchie

Peace Country
02-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Hello Fowlweather, Sorry to say the Alberta government has not let us have a spring snow goose hunt you will have to go to Saskatchewan for that.