PDA

View Full Version : 5 more days to connect

keoke
02-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Well I only have 5 more days I can hunt geese and if I don't get atleast one I think I will go down as B.C.'s worst goose hunter. 2 1/2 seasons of waterfowling and not one goose! I get lots of ducks but geese elude me. On days when I am set up perfect not a bird in the sky, Or they land 100 yards away, man i wish i could zip thier heads off with a .17hmr when they do that! On the days when the birds want to come in I usually get caught with my pants down in the middle of the field setting up or taking a leak (add any other excuses here).... Next weekend I will have at least one goose on the ground, I have too!

Rant over!

Ian F.
02-19-2012, 04:18 PM
You'll get there, it takes time and then when it clicks, it just keeps on clicking....

Here's Russells universal goose hunting advice...if the geese are coming into get shot, CHANGE something!

Foxton Gundogs
02-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Thats waterfowling and it seperates the true addicts and die hards from the wanabes, got skunked yesterday and found redemption tonite with a nice double, hang i ntere it'll come and when it does WoW!!

keoke
02-19-2012, 08:01 PM
I have too much time and money invested to give up! Thanks for the encouragement!

fowlweather
02-19-2012, 10:34 PM
ya man i never kill geese around my parts, hell i can shoot ducks all day but the geese are never around and when you don't expect it they come by. I shot one in a ditch on the last day of holiday goose season when i was walking down the ditch and it jumped out. Keep at it, you'll get one