PDA

View Full Version : Another hunt, another deer

Deerwhacker
10-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Well little buck down and i think im gettin the hang of this hunting stuff.Me and pops headed out for a weekend of hunting hopeing to clip the muely tag left in my wallet.We get up saterday morning after ariving the preveous night to do some hikeing and check out a area we had seen deer befour.All day saterday and first thing sunday morning no deer so off on the dirtbike .Driving down the one road Ive never been on befour I slow down to a screechas i see 9 deer standing on the road. chamber a round and put the crosshairs on the heads of the deer .after saying flattop in my head 8 times i cant quite tell with one that looks like a small antlered deer and after focusing on him for a while i determin that he's a buck but its too late as hes up on the uphill cut and after milling around for a while he disapears over a ridge still on the cut. Heres where scouting befour hand comes in handy as i look uphill and know that there is a road up on top and exactly how to get it.On the dirtbike as I rip down the road and up the fork stopping short of the desired cut. It is starting to drizzle and softens up the ground for a quieter entry . As i sneek down the cut over the ridge pops the top of a flat top and i get ready to id the buck. At this point the deer are about 60 yards from me and get wise to my presence.the deer start to trot towards the forest as im franticaly scoping the top of the deers heads .finaly the last deer on the way into the forest is the buck and hes on a slow trot. i get a semi rest on a tall burnt logand crosshairs on.Boom!!! the deer slowly walks towards the forest and drops 8 yards later. 70 yards ,300wsm,180accubond ,double lung .
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l269/Howhacker/lilbuck.jpg

Deerwhacker
10-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Sting em up.http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l269/Howhacker/Picture136.jpg

Deerwhacker
10-16-2006, 06:31 PM
due to the time of day i shot em and other cercomstances everything went smothley (for the first time:sad: ) as the deer was dressed perfictly with no nicks and skinning,packing ,butchering and such also went smoothly.

Marc
10-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Yuo keep this up your hunting season will be over pretty soon :biggrin:.

Deerwhacker
10-16-2006, 07:08 PM
theres always bears, and elk in febuary:) .

WoodOx
10-16-2006, 07:37 PM
COngrats on your buck.

I might be wrong, but isnt hunting from a dirtbike illegal?

Marc
10-16-2006, 07:42 PM
COngrats on your buck.

I might be wrong, but isnt hunting from a dirtbike illegal?

as long as the rifle is unloaded while he's riding it's perfectly legal.

Deerwhacker
10-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Ya its pefictly fine to use a dirtbike. It is pretty dificult to carry a gun on teh bike. I have to transport it in a way wich is tough to get er off my back and load er up.

7mmag
10-17-2006, 06:13 AM
Way to keep that freezer stocked! The family that kills together stays together.

johnes50
10-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Nice fat deer and good shot placement. I'd say you're getting the hang of this hunting thing. In what general area did you get him? John

Schmaus
10-18-2006, 09:14 AM
In what general area did you get him?

Looks like he got him tight in next to the shoulderhttp://bestsmileys.com/lol/2.gif

Franko Manini
10-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Ya its pefictly fine to use a dirtbike. It is pretty dificult to carry a gun on teh bike. I have to transport it in a way wich is tough to get er off my back and load er up.

I am just going to start hunting with a bike. Any tricks? How do you get game out on it? What kind/size of motorbike do you use?

dawn2dusk
10-18-2006, 01:28 PM
I am just going to start hunting with a bike. Any tricks? How do you get game out on it? What kind/size of motorbike do you use?

There is no doubt in my mind the best bike for huntin is a Honda CT90 trial bike. They are semi auto and have dual range transfer case. Can put gun racks on etc. CHeck out his photo of the WT I pulled out of the bush last weekend in 8-1
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/501/Picture2.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3379&limit=recent)

twoSevenO
10-18-2006, 01:48 PM
HAHAH that looks awesome. Nice buck and a nice little moped :D

ARC
10-18-2006, 01:56 PM
There is no doubt in my mind the best bike for huntin is a Honda CT90 trial bike.

I would have to agree with this, trail 90's are excellent for hunting. It can be hard to track down one in decent shape however, without paying an arm and a leg. I also use a yamaha 100, it does the job and is surprisingly quiet for a bike as well.

Franko Manini
10-18-2006, 03:32 PM
There is no doubt in my mind the best bike for huntin is a Honda CT90 trial bike. They are semi auto and have dual range transfer case. Can put gun racks on etc. CHeck out his photo of the WT I pulled out of the bush last weekend in 8-1

That's either one SMALL bike, or one BIG buck! I am talking to a guy about a CT110 on Monday.

Deerwhacker
10-18-2006, 09:36 PM
I use my liffan 150cc.its one of the cheapest bikes by far and it gets me around rreasonably quiet(drive aound in the highest possible gear to keep rpms low). as for getting animals out I havent tryed strappin it to the bike i just drag it to the road even if its a horrible road the blazer goes absoulutly anywhere with the short wheelbase 4x4.

Franko Manini
10-19-2006, 11:22 AM
I use my liffan 150cc.its one of the cheapest bikes by far and it gets me around rreasonably quiet(drive aound in the highest possible gear to keep rpms low). as for getting animals out I havent tryed strappin it to the bike i just drag it to the road even if its a horrible road the blazer goes absoulutly anywhere with the short wheelbase 4x4.

Got any pictures of this little bike???? How much can you buy one for?

Elkhound
10-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Congrats. BTW, did you contact those names I gave you for researching where to hunt your elk?

Deerwhacker
10-19-2006, 08:05 PM
hey franko, I got no pics handy but you cna get it for round 2500 new taxes nad everything encluded.
Elkhound, i havent contacted the numbers yet i think ill wait till after i check the area out soon.

jaeger
10-19-2006, 10:40 PM
I got a 185 Honda with a rack on the back. I love it

30-06
10-19-2006, 10:54 PM
i actually got one of them ct 90s there awsome them get rippin to if you want them to

dawn2dusk
10-31-2006, 10:26 AM
That's either one SMALL bike, or one BIG buck! I am talking to a guy about a CT110 on Monday.

One small bike with one very large spirit.

dawn2dusk
10-31-2006, 10:27 AM
i actually got one of them ct 90s there awsome them get rippin to if you want them to

what year is your CT?

Ride
10-31-2006, 11:41 AM
CT 110's are great. I have one that i use as much as i can. They will go places that quads can't get to if you really want to go there.