PDA

View Full Version : Whitetail Deer Hunting Seminar

huntwriter
02-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Posted with Permission from Marc (Website owner).The Nicola Valley Fish & Game Club is in the process of building a brand new archery range. When it is finish there will a shooting tower, regular range with five target buts, children archery range, bow tuning range, full 3-D archery course and a gazebo to relax, store and maintain the bow. As you can imagine this project is costing a small fortune.

To help the club to raise some of the needed funds for the project I've once again agreed to host one of my popular all the day seminar events for the club.

This seminar will be all about whitetail deer and whitetail deer hunting. For those of you who attended the turkey hunting seminar/s (held at various clubs here in BC) know the quality and wealth of information you can expect.

The seminar will be held on Saturday April 14, 2010 at the Merritt Civic Centre.
The seminar begins at 10:00 am and goes until 4:00 pm
Admission fee is $35.00 (this includes a lunch)

To book a seat or for more information please contact:
Richard Kitch @ (250) 378-4572, or
send me a PM, or call me (after 4:00 pm) (250) 525 0396

Book early as to our experience with the last seminar seats are booked up fast.

For details about the seminar see poster below.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g221/huntwriter/deersem_poster600.jpg

Hope to see you all in Merritt on April 14. It's for a very good cause and I feel privileged to once again be a part of it.

huntwriter
02-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Sorry forgot to mention that there will be free coffee and doughnuts too. :)

huntwriter
02-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Thank you to everyone that booked a seat on the seminar. It's very much appropriated. The money will go to a good cause for hunters and archers.

Thanks and keep the bookings coming, there are still seats to be had.

Bookings can be made by calling (250) 525 0396 [after 4:00pm], or call (250) 378-4572

huntwriter
03-23-2012, 10:17 PM
So far this is shaping up nicely. There are still a few more seats and we also have the option of adding more space to the venue. Please keep the bookings coming. Thanks!

huntwriter
04-15-2012, 08:31 AM
We had a great turnout at the seminar with people coming from as far as Salmon Arm and the Lower Mainland. A big thank you goes to Richard Kitsch for his help in organizing the event, to his and my wife for backing cookies and cakes, and to Panago for donating all the Pizza's, last but not least a huge thank you to Paul Komonoski for donating two beautiful whitetail deer art prints as prizes for the raffle.

This was a great event with everybody having a good time, gaining whitetail deer hunting knowledge and eating good food. It can't get better than that.

The first building phase of the new archery range is well underway and should be opened mid May. The money raised from this seminar will go toward building the the children archery range and the bow tuning bay, slated to open in early June.

Thank you again for all the support and have a safe, successful hunting season.

On a personal note; I am deeply humbled and appreciative of the many kind words and comments I received from visitors about the seminar. Passing on knowledge and helping others to become more successful is what I truly love to do and to my mind is a big part of our hunting heritage.

tazerdogg
04-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Othmar, thanks for the great seminar. For me it was well worth the time and the drive to gain so much knowledge and insight......its all about attention to details too. Thanks to all the members who helped organize the seminar also....good luck with the work at the range.
Tazerdogg

sapper
04-15-2012, 02:21 PM
I'll echo Tazerdogg. Myself and 2 buddies drove up from the LML. The drive was well worth it. All three of us gained much valuable information. Given that we are restricted to hunting weekends due our jobs the information provided was that much more valuable as it will allow our time in the bush to be more productive. I took copious notes.
Two comments by Othmar resonated with me.
1. His opening comments that success in hunting is 60% scouting and 40% luck. On the drive back we started planning some scouting trips for ahead of our fall hunting trips.
2. His closing comments regarding the importance of hunters (be it bow, firearm, muzzle, road, etc.) engage in our local hunting, fishing and outdoor organizations. We need to become involved politically if we wish to be able to maintain our hunting rights.
Again, thanks so much Othmar and best of luck to the Nicola Valley F&G Club.

huntwriter
04-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the kind words. It was my pleasure to meet you two, and all the others, in person. I am glad you enjoyed the seminar and hope the information provided will lead you to hunting success this season and everyone after that.

Best of luck.