PDA

View Full Version : Corrupting the wifes little dogs

houndsman
02-16-2012, 09:23 AM
I cant seem to not train our dogs to hunt ,Even my wifes little house dogs ,mutch to hear dislike . this is ginger her shittypoo the squriell dog .
She had a poodle, his name was beau & we hated each other but he though he
was a hound & had treed bobcats & bears .Beau has since passed on to the happy hunting grounds. I guss I might miss him a littlehttp://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i331/shanewbrady/DSCF2957.jpg.

bowhunterbruce
02-16-2012, 09:37 AM
great pic shane.

BlacktailStalker
02-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Perfect!
I have one of those nutmunchers that Harrasses my hounds all the time, might need to borrow that mutt sometime! Fortunately my youngest one has finally outgrown treeing the bloody thing whenever it climbs the trees in their pen.

It's her own fault, shoulda known better, she could have said "no" just as easily as she said "yes" :lol:

SHAKER
02-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Nice Tree Panther!

Canadian276
02-16-2012, 09:40 AM
That is hilarious. My dog only chases crows and seagulls. He has given up on squirells because i think he has realized he cant climb trees.

Glenny
02-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Shittypoo..Pound for pound the most feared pooch by urban critters.

LYKTOHUNT
02-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Shittypoo..Pound for pound the most feared pooch by urban critters.
And next in line would be our Shittypee she hates tree lions Shitzu/ Peekaneese or however you spell that

scottwh
02-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Good picture Shane :)

Ioneth
02-16-2012, 10:33 AM
My greyhound and wife's whippet kill any small animal not lucky enough to get away. No cats so far mostly just stupid birds.

My greyhound barks and whines when ever birds fly by but don't land in our yard. He likes getting them.

buckhunter
02-16-2012, 10:51 AM
i watched my girlfriends "ratdog" (chihuahua), bolt out of the yard and latch on to a rottweilers neck and tried to shake it! poor rotti just stood there and let it happen, probably laughing on the inside! girlfriend finally pulled ratdog off before the rotti decided to have him for a snack. probably just get him stuck in his throat anyway.

shuswapcanuck
02-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Thats to funny
i watched my girlfriends "ratdog" (chihuahua), bolt out of the yard and latch on to a rottweilers neck and tried to shake it! poor rotti just stood there and let it happen, probably laughing on the inside! girlfriend finally pulled ratdog off before the rotti decided to have him for a snack. probably just get him stuck in his throat anyway.

huntingmom
02-16-2012, 02:29 PM
This is one funny thread. Thanks for the laugh guys.

My former sheltie, Sassy, was abit of a hunting dog. No kidding.... we took her on some grouse hunts and she would be ahead of us by a few feet and all of a sudden she would stop and have this look like" what the heck is that!!!!" and here would be some grouse feeding on the trail. The thing is, for a herding dog, she never chased them but she never retrieved them either. She tolerated the 22 very well on top of it.
Mya, on the other hand, would chase everything on sight. All I can say is, if we were starving we can depend on her where the squirrels are.

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
02-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I know dogs are interested in chasing squirrels but that is the first one I have ever seen catching one.

XPEIer
02-17-2012, 07:19 AM
I took our family lap dog (Bichone Frise) on a scouting drive one day, had the grouse gun for chickens and managed to drop one right on the road. Let the dog out of the truck and he went nuts over it, had to pry it away from him. As soon as it was in the truck he did not care about it. Headed down the road, seen another grouse and he was going insane waiting for me to shoot it, he finally got so wound up he would bark in the truck and scare the birds before I could get a shot off.

Would he retrieve, not certain, but I can tell you he would find them in the bush and grab onto them, which is half of a retrieve.

Nothing like coming home with a fluffy white lap dog covered in blood.

xpeier

huntinnewbie
02-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Our black Lab, Murphy, besides being an excellent duck dog, is deadly when it comes to moles.
In the beginning she would dig every mole hill. But now she has it down to a science. Sneak up on the mole hill, listen very intently with one foot raised. Body poised for the pounce and ears cocked. She will hold that for several minutes until she hears the mole just under the surface. Then it;s a quick pounce, dig like mad and suddenly I will see a mole go flying through the air.
It takes her awhile to kill it as they are nasty creatures. Once dead she packs it around like a trophy for half a day soaking up all the "What a good girl".
She has also got a few of those big black squirrels. Caught them on the ground and out ran them to the tree.

Marlin375
02-17-2012, 02:05 PM
I know dogs are interested in chasing squirrels but that is the first one I have ever seen catching one.

My guess would be that it was only twitching when Ginger latched on to it. My Golden Retriever tracks them to the tree then sits at the bottom looking up in anticipation.

greybark
02-17-2012, 08:36 PM
My Wifes two Shiz-Tzu - Chihuhua mutts are natural hunters . When on a trail at night their Baying and Howeling will on occassion stop for a few minutes then resume . I found out later that it only happened when they were crossing POSTED land .....
Cheers

buckshot
02-27-2012, 05:55 AM
http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh535/clock5849/IMG_0073.jpg
This is my long time truck hunting partner Anna. She's newfie/golen retriever cross. Got herself a nice critter last year. Twelve years old my girl she is.