PDA

View Full Version : Yeti Coolers

Grumpa Joe
02-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Has anyone had any firsthand experience with these coolers? I have seen them advertised on TV and in some magazines and was looking for some information on quality, suitability for game transport and pricing. Also any information on who carries them in BC would be helpful.

Thanks,

Frontier

Gateholio
02-14-2012, 11:53 PM
do they keep beer colder than other coolers?

REMINGTON JIM
02-14-2012, 11:59 PM
I see Shockey bounces one out of the back of his truck ! LOL

Grumpa Joe
02-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Don't know, beer never stays in the cooler that long to find out if it warms up:wink: hic..

goatdancer
02-15-2012, 04:21 PM
I think Steveston Marine carries them. Not cheap.

markt308
02-15-2012, 04:46 PM
I think Steveston Marine carries them. Not cheap.

Ya but dude JIM SHOCKEY uses these! I'll take 5

gitnadoix
02-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Only seen a few around, they do look very well made and they have a coresponding price to go with that.....they have the look and feel of being a buy once and use till your to old to leave the home any more....where as most of the other units around these days look and feel disposable.....

huntcoop
02-15-2012, 05:06 PM
They are built like a brick shithouse but the price is more like a gold plated shithouse. The key to any cooler is pre chilling the interior of the cooler and pre chilling the contents going inside. You put warm beer in a Yeti/Igloo/Coleman that the interior has not been pre chilled your going to get almost the same result. Do the same test with everything chilled and the Yeti will win hands down.

Slee
02-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Here's a great review of coolers on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TE4RnqT0U

After watching this, I think most guys will stick with the cheap coleman coolers

huntcoop
02-15-2012, 08:39 PM
My white igloo from Costco is the best, a $400+ Yeti is kinda insane.

Gateholio
02-15-2012, 10:04 PM
$400 for a cooler? The Yeti didn't even perform well in that test. FOr what most of us use coolers for, the Coleman extreme would be fine. When I want super cooler capabilities, I use a home built cooler made from plywood and 6" of foam all around. The seams are all sealed with expanding foam and I use screws to keep the lid on. It's a 4x4x2 foot unit.

huntcoop
02-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Cabelas sells them for $300 - $800 USD, insanity.

longstonec
02-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Home hardware has them. Here anyways. Never seen one used. Maybe cause I can buy 4 Coleman's and acouple flats of beer

BigSlapper
03-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Like no other cooler I have ever owned. I have the big boy and use it for hunting and on the boat for fish. With a block of ice and a couple bags - I often go 5-7 days with chilled goodies. If you load frozen meat into it with the same amount of ice, your meat stays frozen for days. Hands down, one of the best and most used pieces of gear I have

eastkoot
03-01-2012, 10:12 AM
I trust my life on my Yeti Cooler and even the life of my good freinds and even of my clients. They must be good..

REMINGTON JIM
03-01-2012, 10:28 AM
I trust my life on my Yeti Cooler and even the life of my good freinds and even of my clients. They must be good..

But Mr Shockey - the Yeti cooler was the most expensive cooler tested and had the worst results ? LMAO ! The cheap Coleman was much better !

westwayshooter
03-02-2012, 08:12 PM
We have the large Coleman Marine Extreme that we use on the boat for all our food/beverages. We freeze water bottles to minimize the water getting into everything that is better off dry, so it is not quite as efficient as block or even cubed/crushed ice. We have had water bottles remain partially frozen after 4 days in warm summer temperatures.
Last hunting trip, some of the frozen stuff stayed frozen after 10 days in cooler (not freezing) temps.
If you don't beat them up, they last for many years.
I'll stick with the Coleman (about $60), thanks.
WS