IronNoggin
02-10-2012, 04:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UczxPfpOT9c

Some Folks obviously ain't cut out for wading!! :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog

huntcoop
02-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Guy could have easily drowned, should be an epic "save". The only epic fail I see is the poor camera work.

steel_ram
02-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Been there done that. Sometimes off bight off more than we can chew or wade a bar downstream to find myself cut-off by a sneaky trench forcing that uptream battle.

madrona sh
02-10-2012, 05:19 PM
THATS why naked fishing is safer.

proguide66
02-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Those damned rivers DONT stop...there's been MANY a death on the Cow. over the years. Sadly a couple on a guided river fish died last yr in Squamish..EXACT same set up...both dead...yuck.

steel_ram
02-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Remember the old rubber waders? (ie. sea anchors) Death traps! I know a fellow that died wearing them because he'd decided to leave his neopreme's in the motel room to dry.

sky-gunner
02-10-2012, 06:03 PM
yep, been there, scary. ruins the day.

91Jason91
02-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Guy could have easily drowned, should be an epic "save". The only epic fail I see is the poor camera work.

lol ya no shit

IronNoggin
02-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Remember the old rubber waders? (ie. sea anchors) Death traps! I know a fellow that died wearing them because he'd decided to leave his neopreme's in the motel room to dry.

Came AWFULLY close myself in the old days. NEVER again!

For those that do "extreme" wading...
When I tried out the Korker Guide Boots, they caused me to spill no less than FOUR times!
Gave them away for the hefty sum of 20 clams!
And since wearing Real wading boots, not another spill to date (quickly touching wood!).

Cheers,
Nog

huntcoop
02-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Is it not shocking what felt can do on a slimy rock.

greenhorn
02-10-2012, 10:17 PM
I think I've bailed in that exact spot!!

The Dude
02-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Dizzy, terrible cam work.....can't watch.........

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj313/Heliox18/Forum%20Ammo/02e3e9d61.gif

proguide66
02-10-2012, 11:53 PM
kinda related , remember the log jam up river from the bible camp? maybe a couple clicks? anyway , one day I was drifitng down with two buddies on board.Right below the put in, 3 guys were in a new alum with all new shit , rods ect.They were poundin a few beers and smokin a joint around 830am..( to each their own , but not when my buddies lives are in my hands) , anyway ,back then there was a tiny hole through the jam , your bow would kiss the logs on the north side of the river as you went through.
Went through and was anchored in that straight run maybe 250 down river...look up river and see em drifting down river hugging the north bank- straight in line with the log pile-:shock:- 'Back then' , you had to start making your 'turn' maybe 150 yrds up river...he was 30 yrds from the pile and hadnt even thought about his turn yet.
I said out loud , we'r gonna watch someone die in a second...it was creepy as I knew the dude was in for it before he did. You could see the panic on the oars but it was wayy too late for rowin.
The boat slammed into the pile , flipped up and all dessappeared under the damned log jam.......and CAME UP on the other side !!!!!...we witnessed a f-ing miracle.
One dude was in rough shape and had to be drug outta the water....crazy shit...:neutral:..lucky *******s.....

Tikka270wsm
02-11-2012, 04:59 PM
This is why it's always a good idea to fish with a buddy when wading to your spot. A friend of mine saved my life when I was a teenager in a similiar scenerio. I was wading out in under knee deep of low visibility water and stepped into a fish bed that put me in waist deep in a hurry. I was swamped downriver about 100 feet before my friend caught up to me from the shore, ran out into the river and pulled me out by the back of my shirt. If I was alone that day, I probably wouldn't be here now. Now, I watch where I wade and make sure there is a certain escape route downriver if there is a chance of getting swamped off my feet.

Peter Pepper
02-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Dizzy, terrible cam work.....can't watch.........

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj313/Heliox18/Forum%20Ammo/02e3e9d61.gif

Like any of you'd do better standing nuts deep in a river trying to fish a dude out, and not fall in yourself....for christ sake what kind of cammera work do we expect from this situation? "Hey buddy, can you fall in there again. I didn't get a good shot of your near death experiance!"

huntcoop
02-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Like any of you'd do better standing nuts deep in a river trying to fish a dude out, and not fall in yourself....for christ sake what kind of cammera work do we expect from this situation? "Hey buddy, can you fall in there again. I didn't get a good shot of your near death experiance!"

Either put the camera down and save your buddy or FILM IT!