PDA

View Full Version : BC Bears

blsf
10-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Being new to bear hunting, I need to know the best times and places to encounter them in the Williams Lake area. My goal is a decent rug.8)

oldtimer
10-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Might be lucky and catch one out still, if not then first part of may next year depending on how early they come out.

Will
10-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Still some Bears to be found....often Fall bears will be Sporting some Beautiful coats if you can Find them....They ALL look big this time of year due to the Gobs of Fat they pack on for the Winter.

But like Suggested the Spring Season is the BEST Bear Hunting BC has to offer8)
Bears emerging from the Dens will "usually" have the Nicest Fur and Big Sharp Claws that haven't been worn down yet.

Obviously late into the Spring Bears will begin to "Rub" and Hide quality will show this (thin spots etc.) the Nails may also chip, crack and generally wear down from the Bear daily activities.

I typically begin my Bear Quests the beginning of May, but every year is abit different Weather depending, could go eitherway by a week or more.

Later into the Spring season the Bigger Boars will begin Courting Females and if you Really want a Bruin......hold out abit for this.

Good Luck:cool: