PDA

View Full Version : Grizz allocation reductions

Timberjack
02-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I've been surprised that there have been no discussions yet on here regarding the reductions in allocations for the 2012 spring draw. I assume the reductions are due to poltical pressure or ??? and not science based? I would find it unlikely that the province did population or habitat studies that lead to the reductions, through all of the zones that were reduced...

I'm hoping someone with some knowledge as to why this happened could shed some light for the rest of us (not just a bunch of heresay or anti government rhetoric) as it's not a trend resident hunters would like to see continue. Did the GO allocation get reduced the same amount, or does that have to wait for another 5 year cycle? Anyone seen any comment from the BCWF on the subject?

If I missed an earlier thread on the subject, apologies, maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

CHeers,
TJ

bighornbob
02-09-2012, 01:56 PM
There was an earlier thread on this. Look under the search function.

BHB

Timberjack
02-09-2012, 07:06 PM
There was an earlier thread on this. Look under the search function.

BHB

maybe you could point me to it cause I'm having trouble finding it... I've done a pile of searches using a number of different word combinations and can't come up with anything specific to this year...

Thanks,
Jack

boxhitch
02-09-2012, 09:57 PM
The rhetoric is that harvest targets were achieved last year and/ or that female harvest was high in some areas.
Look at previous years, this is not the first for numbers adjustment, up or down.

Gov't has not made a statement, did you expect one ?

snareman1234
02-09-2012, 10:56 PM
This is probably the thread BHB was referring to-

LEH Authorization Numbers For Spring Grizzly (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?77542-LEH-Authorization-Numbers-For-Spring-Grizzly/page4&highlight=allocations)

I linked you to page 4.. papers from GG should be all you need.

Timberjack
02-10-2012, 07:25 AM
This is probably the thread BHB was referring to-

LEH Authorization Numbers For Spring Grizzly (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?77542-LEH-Authorization-Numbers-For-Spring-Grizzly/page4&highlight=allocations)

I linked you to page 4.. papers from GG should be all you need.

OK thanks snareman

TJ

SHAKER
02-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Political bull excrament is all the G-bear tag #'s are. Roll the dice, take your chances and hope for the best!