PDA

View Full Version : Might try wolf and coyote hunting Questions

bchunter181
02-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Thinking of thining down the wolf and coyote population don't know anything about it do you need tags to hunt these animals how do you guys hunt these. Drive till you see one of sit an cAll then in?

junkyard_g
02-09-2012, 06:55 PM
no tags needed, call them in. Ive seen lots of wolves and coyotes just driving around but never got a reasonable shot off in time (and i work in the bush). They're smart and spooky as hell.

lovemywinchester
02-09-2012, 07:12 PM
3 wolf provincial bag limit. No bag limit for yotes in reg. 3 but check the regs for your area. For example, wolfs open in reg.3 but not in reg. 8. Its all in the book.

proguide66
02-09-2012, 07:23 PM
find as much road kill as possible...canvass local ranchers and grab some dead cows..drag it all out onto a frozen pond or lake...keep adding to it...then let em have it!

lovemywinchester
02-09-2012, 07:26 PM
find as much road kill as possible...canvass local ranchers and grab some dead cows..drag it all out onto a frozen pond or lake...keep adding to it...then let em have it!
Good tip. Are you trapping these days PG?

bchunter181
02-09-2012, 07:38 PM
okay thanks

proguide66
02-09-2012, 07:39 PM
No , busy as hell doin other shit...might hit some wolf trails this weekend though. I now only hit known crossings instead of chasing em all over the place. Damn near get as many now with a handfull of em out as I was setting over 200 when I was learning.

proguide66
02-09-2012, 07:41 PM
okay thanks
IF you can get that kind of bait..be patient and keep feeding them ( wolves that is) because the moment you start shooting it up they aint comin back !! maybe a new pack later . Yotes will keep you entertained till you kill em all.

coach
02-09-2012, 07:44 PM
That area I told you about for deer will have a good coyote population
Lots of places to set up and call them in. You can scout for next season and kill predators at the same time. PG66 is the expert on wolves. Heed his advice. Lovemywinchester has done a couple of great reports on his recent coyote hunts. He's a good guy to listen too - as long as it's not about hockey. :-D

Allen50
02-09-2012, 07:49 PM
no tags needed, call them in. Ive seen lots of wolves and coyotes just driving around but never got a reasonable shot off in time (and i work in the bush). They're smart and spooky as hell.

wow you see wolf and coyotes drivening around, what do they drive, 4x4s, cars, quads,, just wanted to know case i go hunt them want to know what there drivening so i know where they drivening, thanks,,, lol lol lol,,