PDA

View Full Version : 2012 SPRING TURKEY CONTEST rules and sign up.

bcbrez
02-09-2012, 10:26 AM
1. HBC SPRING TURKEY CHALLENGE

YES it is getting close to turkey season and the time for chasing those birds is quickly approaching! So why not make it a little more interesting this year. Enter this annual event in which any members of HBC can join (nothing like a little healthy competition). We had 26 members join last year’s contest and it went pretty well. I am hoping to get more people involved this year. Anyone wishing to join can sign up here, also anyone wishing to donate prizes can PM me and post here.

The 2011 camps were, Team LONG BEARDS ‘n’ LIMB HANGERS (Braggadoe, Uraarchr, Nickroth89, ShallowH2O, Shaker and triggr31) with 3 birds down and a score of 169.5. Let’s see if we can beat that and crown new champs for 2012.

Rules:

1) Everyone who hunts turkey in B.C. with legal equipment is eligible for entry into this contest including shotgun and archery equipment.

2) The contest will run April 15 – May 15. Pictures must be posted by 9:00 pm EST May 15 in order to count for points.

3) The team with the most points scored by its members will "win". The 1st place team will be awarded the coveted title of HBC Turkey Champs for the 2012 season.

4) The N W T F scoring system will be used for scoring. Link to scoring calculator at bottem of the page.

5) It is your responsibility to post your team # and name when checking in a bird.

6) Teams will be randomly assigned with 5 or10 members on each team depending on the amount of people signed up. Please sign up only if you really think you will turkey hunt in the spring of 2012. You have to enter a bird to be eligible for the draw (IF THERE ARE PRIZES DONATED). We will build teams of 5 or 10 people per team, using a computer program to randomly assign team members. Of course this works best if we get an even multiple of 10 people registered (10, 30, 40, 60, etc.). In the likely event we do not get an even multiple of 10 people (eg 17, 33, 52, 67, etc.), we will take the last several people who registered (by order of registration, beyond the last multiple of 10) and put them into the “last team”. The next several people to sign up on the official thread after “official registration” closes at 9:00 pm EST April 12 (assuming there are any who sign up late) will be placed into the “last team” in the order they sign up so that the “last team” can have a full roster of 5 or 10 hunters (this may not happen, in which case the “last team” will play shorthanded). These will be the only exceptions to the “official registration” deadline of 9:00 pm EST April 12 (we have to draw a line somewhere to make the administration of the contest manageable – this is not our full time job). If you miss the sign up for this year’s contest don’t worry – in less than a year you will be able to register for next year’s contest!

Again, we will not make substitutions for people who do not actively participate in their team (too much of an administrative headache) or later want to drop out, so be sure you are committed to participating in this before signing up. This is part of the luck of the draw.

7) A picture of your bird must be posted in the league play 2012 HBC Turkey Contest check station thread, under the contest thread that will be started after teams are chosen.

Rules may be edited if needed and all decisions by the moderation staff helping with this contest are final.

9) If any prizes are donated by the hunting community a list of the companies and individuals donating prizes will be posted and updated as necessary. If you check in a bird you will be eligible for a random drawing of the prizes.

10) We will start threads in league play for each of the team members to check in. I encourage all teams to pm their team members to get them involved and prepped for the contest.

11) After your team comes up with a name please have one member post the team name in the Turkey Team Name Selection Thread. We will edit the team thread title and put the name into the official score sheet.

12) The final and most important rule is that you must have fun and enjoy every moment in the turkey woods this season!

Good luck and good hunting!

How to Score Your Wild Turkey
Before you begin to score your turkey, be sure to note that all measurements are taken in 1/16-inch increments and converted to decimal form.

Step 1:
Weigh your bird in pounds and ounces and convert ounces to decimal form.

Step 2:
Measure each spur. Spurs must be measured along the outside center, from the point at which the spur protrudes from the scaled leg skin to the tip of the spur. Add both spur measurements and multiply the combined length of the spurs by 10. This is the number of points you receive for the turkey’s spurs.

Step 3:
Measure the beard length (a beard must be measured from the center point of the protrusion of the skin to the tip) and convert it to decimal form.
Next, multiply the beard length figure by 2; this is the number of points you receive for the beard length. If you have an atypical bird (multiple beards), measure each beard, convert them to a decimal number, then add those figures together and multiply by two. This is the number of points you receive for your turkey’s beards.

Step 4:
Add together the weight, the points for spurs and points for beard(s): This is the score you receive for your turkey.

You can calculate the score of your turkey with our scoring calculator (http://www.huntingbc.ca/all_about_turkeys/turkey_score.html).
Score calculator link.
http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_score.html (http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_score.html)
Although you may use the score calculator to figure out the final score of your bird, we ask that you post the weight and measurements of your bird with the picture.
Any question post BCBrez

shallowH2O
02-09-2012, 10:32 AM
hey brez'

count me in, the bow and I will be making the journey south again. It was a great time last year getting to meet a few of my team mates and fellow HBC'ers

bcbrez
02-09-2012, 10:39 AM
This is where I will be posting all the prizes for this years contest as they come in.

I want to thank all the sponsors and anyone who donates a prize. It's great to see all the support from the community for this event.

Remember all of these generous prizes have come in from local businesses or from the members of the contest, so let's show our support for them.

I still have about half a dozen prize bundles from last year (remember if you don't give me your mailing address you don't get your prize).

Shaker at SIMILKAMEEN WILDLIFE STUDIO'S has said he'll donate two turkey tail fan mounts again this year, and a discount on full mount turkeys to anyone who joins the contest.
Thank you Shaker.

300WSMImpact! has donated a hand crafted knife with sheath
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/Kelowna-20120222-000942.jpg

ShallowH2O has donated an Ameristep- Outhouse Blind
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/804_outhouse_lg.jpg

Jay Mykietyn of Secret Creek Supplies has donated a Thermacell bug repellent unit with spare refills.
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/thermacell.jpg
To visit Jay or to check out Secret Creek Supplies and Kennels go to http://www.secretcreeksupplies.com/
1151 Bear Creek Road Trail, BC V1R 4W2
Phone: 250-368-5619
Email: secretcreek@telus.net
Thanks Jay.

Ken Leslie at P&R Archery Pro Shop & Sport has donated a Primos box cutter box turkey call.
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/primos-box-cutter-call.jpgTo visit Ken and see his 2012 line of bows and hunting accessories you can phone or go to;

P&R Archery Pro Shop & Sport
5146 Pedro Ck Vallican
250-226-7499

Grouse River Outfitters has donated a Primos Call and Decoy package + $50 Gift Certificate.
Grouse River Outfitters is the Canadian choice for hunting, fishing, archery and camping gear as well as optics, from riflescopes to binoculars to spotting scopes ...
To see everything they have to offer you can visit them at;
http://www.grouseriver.com/?Click=5224 (http://www.grouseriver.com/?Click=5224)

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=6f02c452f3&view=att&th=135e522cc054c849&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw
2B-2720 Hwy 97 N.
Kelowna, BC V1X 4J7
Canada
Phone: (250) 717-1070

Toll-Free: 1-877-5-GROUSE
(877-547-6873)

Big thanks to Hardcore Archery for donating some custom hats as prizes.
22-2070 Harvey Ave, Kelowna, BC V1Y 8P8

(250) 861-5297 () ‎ hardcorearchery.ca (http://maps.google.ca/local_url?q=http://www.hardcorearchery.ca/&dq=hardcore+archery&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=hardcore+archery&cid=12695435455391734311&ved=0CDQQ5AQ&sa=X&ei=CPZYT5mUFp-opATu6em3DQ&s=ANYYN7nfumW24WRIZ9Ty8F9_5YpRH2bObQ)

(http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/Kelowna-20120222-00095.jpg)
Once again, thanks to those who have donated to the contest.
Don't forget to show your support to those who support us.

So who's in for the 2012 Spring Turkey Contest?

rocksteady
02-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Count me in :)

Since I don't hunt spring bear anymore and you don't have a gopher contest, I will go chase turkeys with my shotty!!

igojuone
02-09-2012, 02:54 PM
It would be nice if the closing date was the day after the 15th, the 9pm eastern(6pm PST) posting deadline doesn't leave much time to post pictures if you don't get lucky until the closing day.
Other then that it sound great.

bcbrez
02-09-2012, 03:06 PM
True enough. I will change it to the 16th of May, 9:00 am, if that makes it easier for everyone.

That's four of us so far, good to see people joining up already.

BCBrez
shallowH2O
rocksteady
igojuone

Let's get at least 30 people this year guys.

OutWest
02-09-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm in again. Long Beards 'N' Limb Hangers are back to defend the title!

SHAKER
02-09-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm in guys!

springpin
02-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I would like to play..

Good Old Outdoors
02-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Would anyone like to take a newbie onto their team? I have never been turkey hunting but I am willing and able to put the time in if someone is willing to show me the ropes and put me under their wing so to say. If not I'm going to do my best to get my first ever turkey.
Thanks

GOO

bcbrez
02-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Would anyone like to take a newbie onto their team? I have never been turkey hunting but I am willing and able to put the time in if someone is willing to show me the ropes and put me under their wing so to say. If not I'm going to do my best to get my first ever turkey.
Thanks

GOO
The teams will be random but you shouldn't have much trouble getting help from anyone in the contest. I'm sure someone will give you some pointers or go out with you even if their not on your team. That's what this contest is all about, helping each other out and getting more people out for some great turkey hunting. Hope this means your in...

BCBrez

Good Old Outdoors
02-10-2012, 12:23 PM
You can count me in! I will see about getting a team mate to help me out, if not I am sure someone will help out!
Cheers

JoshCampbell
02-12-2012, 02:57 PM
count me in

.300WSMImpact!
02-12-2012, 03:04 PM
I am in again, last year was a lot of fun, this year my girlfriend is the priority, will be in the gar for second weekend

hunting_princess
02-12-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm Impact's gf, I'm in too :)

bcbrez
02-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Up to 11 people now. This is a good start. Try to spread the word and get any of your turkey chasing friends online and part of this contest. I want lots of good pictures and stories this year.

BCBrez
shallowH2O
rocksteady
igojuone
.300WSMImpact!
hunting_princess
JoshCampbell
Good Old Outdoors
Springpin
SHAKER
nickroth89

bcbrez
02-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Hey shallowH2O you should work on getting Matt Audia to join. I think he's pretty well hoocked on turkeys now anyways.

ang_brez
02-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Im in again. This is my year to finally take one down.

Brez
02-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Me too, but mine will be bigger than yours..... this year I get first shot

SHAKER
02-13-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm work'n on TreeClimber to join...

shallowH2O
02-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Hey shallowH2O you should work on getting Matt Audia to join. I think he's pretty well hoocked on turkeys now anyways.

even thow he's family, not sure if he's smart enough to use a computer to sign up!!!! lol but ill give it a try, sure he'll be out with me when Im down

shallowH2O
02-13-2012, 07:03 PM
hey bcbrez,

you planning on reuniting " long beards and limb hangers " so we can defend our title!!!

livingston
02-13-2012, 07:09 PM
I've seen a few turkey's in my area during the fall hunting season, so I guess I am in... Are rimfire legal for turkey?

braggadoe
02-13-2012, 08:50 PM
all right, spring is almost here!

just put some new paint on my bow.........
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n603/braggadoe/DSCF0018.jpg

put me in bcbrez

ncurrie
02-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks

GOO

X2 never been and would love to learn how to hunt them!

bcbrez
02-13-2012, 11:09 PM
hey bcbrez,

you planning on reuniting " long beards and limb hangers " so we can defend our title!!!

I was thinking about this but I don't think it will happen because the teams sizes will most likely be different. Unless we get a multiple of six ( or whatever the team size was last year ) and all the members of your team sign up again. I think we will just do a random team draw again seeing as how it will be to hard to carry over the winning team every year.

15 people now;

BCBrez
shallowH2O
rocksteady
igojuone
.300WSMImpact!
hunting_princess
JoshCampbell
Good Old Outdoors
Springpin
SHAKER
nickroth89
ang_brez
Brez
livingston
braggadoe

bcbrez
02-13-2012, 11:16 PM
X2 never been and would love to learn how to hunt them!

Well the answer is the same to you. I'm sure if you ask nicely someone will be willing to show you the ropes or at least point you in the right direction. If you can figure out the general area you would be willing to go hunt and when you would be out then we could give you some better advice. Let me know if you will be joining the contest and feel free to ask me or anyone on here for any help.

BCBrez

elkeater
02-13-2012, 11:31 PM
sounds like fun. ill take a crack at it as well

OutWest
02-14-2012, 12:05 AM
hey bcbrez,

I like that idea! Make it happen bcbrez!

Whipper Billy
02-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Rules
4) The N W T F scoring system will be used for scoring. Please note that if your bird has multiple beards that only the longest one will count and the same thing holds true for the rare multiple spur bird as well.

A suggestion to update Step 3
Step 3:
Measure the beard length (a beard must be measured from the center point of the protrusion of the skin to the tip) and convert it to decimal form.
Next, multiply the beard length figure by 2; this is the number of points you receive for the beard length. If you have an atypical bird (multiple beards), measure each beard, convert them to a decimal number, then add those figures together and multiply by two. This is the number of points you receive for your turkey’s beards.

bcbrez
02-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Rules
4) The N W T F scoring system will be used for scoring. Please note that if your bird has multiple beards that only the longest one will count and the same thing holds true for the rare multiple spur bird as well.

A suggestion to update Step 3
Step 3:

Fixed, thank you. Missed that last year too.

16 people now;

BCBrez
shallowH2O
rocksteady
igojuone
.300WSMImpact!
hunting_princess
JoshCampbell
Good Old Outdoors
Springpin
SHAKER
nickroth89
ang_brez
Brez
livingston
braggadoe
elkeater

.300WSMImpact! has said he will donate a hand crafted knife to one of this years lucky winners.

It's great to see the support coming in for this contest. Thanks to everyone who is donating prizes I will list all the prizes with any picuters I get closer to opening day and once we get some more coming in. Remember this is a free contest and all the prizes are being donated out of members own pockets so lets make a good go of it. The more people we get signed up the better and more fun this will be.

Thanks again and good luck.
BCBrez

300H&H
02-14-2012, 08:50 PM
I wanna play !!!

I bet Coach & Huntwriter would be up for it also.

Gobble....cluck....purrrrr !

treeclimber
02-14-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm in! Spring can't come soon enough!

coach
02-15-2012, 12:48 AM
I wanna play !!!

Count me in!

SHAKER
02-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Now we're talk'n....... I'll work on getting huntwriter today.

OutWest
02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Reuniting the champs wouldn't be the worst thing you could do. Make it happen bcbrez!

Long Beards 'N' Limb Hangers

shallowH2O
SHAKER
triggr31
Braggadoe
Nickroth89
Uraarchr

bcbrez
02-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Reuniting the champs wouldn't be the worst thing you could do. Make it happen bcbrez!

Long Beards 'N' Limb Hangers

shallowH2O
SHAKER
triggr31
Braggadoe
Nickroth89
Uraarchr

We'll see what happens with the numbers if it will work out. Your still missing two guys from your team aswell.

19 people now;

BCBrez
shallowH2O
rocksteady
igojuone
.300WSMImpact!
hunting_princess
JoshCampbell
Good Old Outdoors
Springpin
SHAKER
nickroth89
ang_brez
Brez
livingston
braggadoe
elkeater
300H&H
treeclimber
coach

SHAKER
02-16-2012, 10:01 AM
It would be fun to keep the team the same....or close at least.

KB90
02-16-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm in .... :D

Hopefully making the trip with ShallowH20!

palmer
02-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Sign me up.....

huntwriter
02-16-2012, 09:40 PM
I wanna play !!!

Now we're talk'n....... I'll work on getting huntwriter today.

Thank you Gentlemen. I picked up my shotgun today and I can lift it up to my shoulder almost without pain. Going to shoot it this weekend and then we will know for sure if the shoulder can deal with it. If it the it is okay and the pain is not killing me I am in. I'll let you know. :)

If it is a go I am honored to join the same team as last year.

May the toms gobble loud and long this year, guiding your way to them. :)

bcbrez
02-16-2012, 10:07 PM
21 people now;

BCBrez
shallowH2O
rocksteady
igojuone
.300WSMImpact!
hunting_princess
JoshCampbell
Good Old Outdoors
Springpin
SHAKER
nickroth89
ang_brez
Brez
livingston
braggadoe
elkeater
300H&H
treeclimber
coach
KB90
palmer

ryancoe6
02-20-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm in. I hunt with nickroth89. Last year was awesome now I'm hooked!

Quesnel Kid
02-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Sign me up

huntwriter
02-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Okay, went to the range and tried to shoot the gun. I am able to manage the pain in my shoulder for three shots of 3 1/2" magnum turkey loads. That means I am in. Please put me in the team with 300H&H. ;)

@ 300H&H. If you read this, I am going to contact you soon about a date to hunt gobblers, just need to shift some dates around. B.T.W. It's a go with Grouse River Outfitters. :)

tundra
02-21-2012, 09:00 PM
It will be my second time trying for a bird. Hopefully the first time I get one. Count me in

bobboa
02-21-2012, 10:22 PM
is it to late to join? If not sign me up! Thanks

bcbrez
02-21-2012, 10:25 PM
Okay, went to the range and tried to shoot the gun. I am able to manage the pain in my shoulder for three shots of 3 1/2" magnum turkey loads. That means I am in. Please put me in the team with 300H&H. ;)

@ 300H&H. If you read this, I am going to contact you soon about a date to hunt gobblers, just need to shift some dates around. B.T.W. It's a go with Grouse River Outfitters. :)

Ok I'll put you in but I will say it again, the teams will be drawn at random.

mr_verbatim
02-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Yup, I'm in ! Put me on the list!

OutWest
02-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Shaping up to be a good one! Surprised Mark hasn't committed yet.

.300WSMImpact!
02-22-2012, 10:50 PM
here is the knife, its a skinner, cherry wood handle, brass pins, 6 3/4" overall length, 2 7/8" cutting edge

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac85/300WSM4/knife%20handle/Kelowna-20120222-000942.jpg

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac85/300WSM4/knife%20handle/Kelowna-20120222-00095.jpg

mr_verbatim
02-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Ya buddy.... Waiting to get Sara's account MOD approved so we can put her in the list as well ;) I can't wait to start scouting...!

Dan

bcbrez
02-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Well we have more than a month and a half to go and already have more people signed up than last year. This is looking to be a good one this year.

.300WSMImpact!, thank you very much again. That's a great looking prize. Someone will be very happy to win that (my wife saw it and said she gets dibs on the biggest tom we see this year).

I'm still working on a few other people for donations and will post as any come in.

List updated.

27 people now;

BCBrez
shallowH2O
rocksteady
igojuone
.300WSMImpact!
hunting_princess
JoshCampbell
Good Old Outdoors
Springpin
SHAKER
nickroth89
ang_brez
Brez
livingston
braggadoe
elkeater
300H&H
treeclimber
coach
KB90
palmer
ryancoe6
Quesnel Kid
huntwriter
tundra
bobboa
mr_verbatim

Rackmastr
02-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Sign me up!!! I just moved to Cranbrook and although I wont qualify as a 'resident' until the end of summer, I'll be buying a non-resident license and hunting birds this spring!!!

Command
02-26-2012, 12:58 AM
Ya Sign me up to Brez, looking forward to actually getting out and hunting turkey this year

thumper1
02-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Please sign me up as well. I've had my eye on a couple of flocks :)

300H&H
02-26-2012, 09:39 PM

Thats great news Othmar.
Im glad your well enough to shoot, I was worried I might have to shoot your bird for you. lol
And its great to hear the turkey course is a go.
For those of you who have not taken the turkey hunting course, I highly recommend it.
I have taken it two times and I will take it again because I have learned so much.
Huntwrither keeps it fun and interesting and you get to meet some of the guys from HBC.
PS Coach you should sign up so then we can finally get to have those nachos & beer.
Even if we are not on the same team this year Huntwriter & Coach we still can go out and hunt some toms.
I would be happy to do some calling and video for either of you.
I will be going to a spot I have been trying to get on to for a couple of years now, and ask for permission again.
If I get it our odds go way up, as I see birds there every time I go by that place.
If not I know some other places but unless the snow melts it will be a long slow hike in.
It most likely will take 2 hours just to walk up the road but I think it will be worth the effort.
Gobble - cluck - purrrrr - only 49 days to go.

little moose
02-26-2012, 09:42 PM
i should have some time this spring so count me in

bcbrez
02-28-2012, 02:21 PM
List updated.

31 people now;

BCBrez
shallowH2O
rocksteady
igojuone
.300WSMImpact!
hunting_princess
JoshCampbell
Good Old Outdoors
Springpin
SHAKER
nickroth89
ang_brez
Brez
livingston
braggadoe
elkeater
300H&H
treeclimber
coach
KB90
palmer
ryancoe6
Quesnel Kid
huntwriter
tundra
bobboa
mr_verbatim
Rackmastr
Command
thumper1
little moose

Let's get at least 40 people this year guys.

bcbrez
02-28-2012, 02:54 PM
I was looking through last years contest and thought I would post some pictures from it to get everyone in the mood.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/DSCF0183-1.jpg

bcbrez
02-28-2012, 02:57 PM
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/turkey_20112.jpg

bcbrez
02-28-2012, 02:58 PM
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/turkey_20111.jpg

bcbrez
02-28-2012, 02:58 PM
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/Turkey_2011.jpghttp://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/Turkey_2011_-_3.jpg

bcbrez
02-28-2012, 03:00 PM
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/DSC_0003-2.jpghttp://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/ChadKeeganTurkey20112.jpghttp://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/208788_10150153481286876_581486875_7088895_2604846 _n.jpgGreat pics. Hope to see lots more this year.

300H&H
02-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Damn....seeing those pictures makes me wanna get out and shoot my tom.
Guess I'll just have to wait.
Only 47 days to go.
Gobble...cluck...purr........boom !

bcbrez
02-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Ok guys i have been getting some prizes coming in and I'm posting them on page one under the rules. Have a few more to come still, just waitng on some more details before posting them.

bcbrez
02-29-2012, 07:36 AM
Sure wish it would stop snowing so I could get out and look for some birds. :(

Stringy
02-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Hey BC BREZ, Pearl and i are in for sure and P&R archery will be in for a donation prize aswell. Is it fair if i use Joe as a decoy during the contest?

bcbrez
02-29-2012, 08:03 AM
Hey BC BREZ, Pearl and i are in for sure and P&R archery will be in for a donation prize aswell. Is it fair if i use Joe as a decoy during the contest?

Ok I will add you but I can't find pearl in the members list.
Just let me know what it is you'll be donating and I'll post it with your info.
Thanks

Champman96
02-29-2012, 07:59 PM
well i guess i will give it another shot this year count me in ! :D

300H&H
02-29-2012, 08:17 PM
This is going to be fun.

bcBrez...are you going to take me out this year after you get your bird ? ;)

grizzlybern
02-29-2012, 08:53 PM
K bcbrez sign me up !!

bcbrez
03-01-2012, 09:31 AM
List updated.

34 people now;

BCBrez
shallowH2O
rocksteady
igojuone
.300WSMImpact!
hunting_princess
JoshCampbell
Good Old Outdoors
Springpin
SHAKER
nickroth89
ang_brez
Brez
livingston
braggadoe
elkeater
300H&H
treeclimber
coach
KB90
palmer
ryancoe6
Quesnel Kid
huntwriter
tundra
bobboa
mr_verbatim
Rackmastr
Command
thumper1
little moose
Stringy
Champman96
grizzlybern

We're well on our way to having a great contest this year. Lots of people signing up and some good prizes coming in. Thanks everyone for supporting this event, and have fun.

bcbrez
03-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Just a reminder, please only sign up for this contest if you will be going out hunting turkeys this spring. You will only be hurting your teams chances if you sign on and don't put in an effort to contribute.

Thanks.

redlady
03-01-2012, 12:13 PM
hey bcbrez sign me up to please we know where they hang out in gf

.300WSMImpact!
03-04-2012, 08:52 AM
For the people interested I am putting on a turkey calling seminar at the Kelowna fish and Game club, April 10th, $25 per person, I have a former primos staffer of 13 years coming to put on a show, contact me for more info, join the facebook page add photo's!! http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/122454964550361/

triggr31
03-04-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm so in sign me up . I had fun last year and hope to take another limb hanger

triggr31
03-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Also I would love to donate a prize . Can you please give me an address to mail it to thank you .

driblet
03-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Sign me up, I'm in!

bcbrez
03-05-2012, 05:14 PM
List updated.

37 people now;

BCBrez
shallowH2O
rocksteady
igojuone
.300WSMImpact!
hunting_princess
JoshCampbell
Good Old Outdoors
Springpin
SHAKER
nickroth89
ang_brez
Brez
livingston
braggadoe
elkeater
300H&H
treeclimber
coach
KB90
palmer
ryancoe6
Quesnel Kid
huntwriter
tundra
bobboa
mr_verbatim
Rackmastr
Command
thumper1
little moose
Stringy
Champman96
grizzlybern
redlady
triggr31
driblet

We're well on our way to having a great contest this year. Lots of people signing up and some good prizes coming in. Thanks everyone for supporting this event, and have fun.

bcbrez
03-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Just a reminder, don't forget to check out the prizes on page one and show our thanks to everyone who has helped out.

This is where I will be posting all the prizes for this years contest as they come in.

I want to thank all the sponsors and anyone who donates a prize. It's great to see all the support from the community for this event.

Remember all of these generous prizes have come in from local businesses or from the members of the contest, so let's show our support for them.

I still have about half a dozen prize bundles from last year (remember if you don't give me your mailing address you don't get your prize).

Shaker at SIMILKAMEEN WILDLIFE STUDIO'S has said he'll donate two turkey tail fan mounts again this year, and a discount on full mount turkeys to anyone who joins the contest.
Thank you Shaker.

300WSMImpact! has donated a hand crafted knife with sheath
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/Kelowna-20120222-000942.jpg

ShallowH2O has donated an Ameristep- Outhouse Blind
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/804_outhouse_lg.jpg

Jay Mykietyn of Secret Creek Supplies in has donated a Thermacell bug repellent unit with spare refills.
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/thermacell.jpg
To visit Jay or to check out Secret Creek Supplies and Kennels go to http://www.secretcreeksupplies.com/
1151 Bear Creek Road Trail, BC V1R 4W2
Phone: 250-368-5619
Email: secretcreek@telus.net
Thanks Jay.

Ken Leslie at P&R Archery Pro Shop & Sport has donated a Primos box cutter box turkey call.
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/primos-box-cutter-call.jpgTo visit Ken and see his 2012 line of bows and hunting accessories you can phone or go to;

P&R Archery Pro Shop & Sport
5146 Pedro Ck Vallican
250-226-7499

Grouse River Outfitters has donated a Primos Call and Decoy package + $50 Gift Certificate.
Grouse River Outfitters is the Canadian choice for hunting, fishing, archery and camping gear as well as optics, from riflescopes to binoculars to spotting scopes ...
To see everything they have to offer you can visit them at;
http://www.grouseriver.com/?Click=5224 (http://www.grouseriver.com/?Click=5224)

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=6f02c452f3&view=att&th=135e522cc054c849&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw
2B-2720 Hwy 97 N.
Kelowna, BC V1X 4J7
Canada
Phone: (250) 717-1070

Toll-Free: 1-877-5-GROUSE
(877-547-6873)

(http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/Kelowna-20120222-00095.jpg)
Once again, thanks to those who have donated to the contest.
Don't forget to show your support to those who support us.

So who's in for the 2012 Spring Turkey Contest?

boscheefish
03-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Count me in this yr, looks like alot of fun

300H&H
03-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Count me in this yr, looks like alot of fun

I think you have a unfair advantage....you know where the turkeys are already. :-D

SavageShooter
03-06-2012, 06:58 PM
BCBREZ, count me in.

SS

boscheefish
03-06-2012, 10:31 PM
I think you have a unfair advantage....you know where the turkeys are already. :-D

Haha i only know where they are because i havent stopped scouting since last season,
Im trying to keep " tabs " on them, u know as well as me, come opening day, they could be moved on....;) maybe....

DaDukez
03-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Hey BCBrez, Count me in. Looking forward to arrowing some turkeys here in GF.

bforce750
03-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Hey Brez I'll enter this year

bcbrez
03-07-2012, 12:13 PM
List updated.
41 people now;

BCBrez
shallowH2O
rocksteady
igojuone
.300WSMImpact!
hunting_princess
JoshCampbell
Good Old Outdoors
Springpin
SHAKER
nickroth89
ang_brez
Brez
livingston
braggadoe
elkeater
300H&H
treeclimber
coach
KB90
palmer
ryancoe6
Quesnel Kid
huntwriter
tundra
bobboa
mr_verbatim
Rackmastr
Command
thumper1
little moose
Stringy
Champman96
grizzlybern
redlady
triggr31
driblet
boscheefish
SavageShooter
DaDukez
bforce750

I will be sending PMs to everyone on the list when the contest starts with a reminder to check what team you end up on.

rogerb
03-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Hi Bcbrez, better put me on the list too - haven't hunted turkey for a few years & miss early spring in the West Kootenay woods! Cheers, Roger

bcbrez
03-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Big thanks to Hardcore Archery for donating some custom hats as prizes.
22-2070 Harvey Ave, Kelowna, BC V1Y 8P8

(250) 861-5297 () ‎ hardcorearchery.ca (http://maps.google.ca/local_url?q=http://www.hardcorearchery.ca/&dq=hardcore+archery&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=hardcore+archery&cid=12695435455391734311&ved=0CDQQ5AQ&sa=X&ei=CPZYT5mUFp-opATu6em3DQ&s=ANYYN7nfumW24WRIZ9Ty8F9_5YpRH2bObQ)

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/bcbrez/hbcturkey.jpg

300H&H
03-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Just one month to go !!!

SHAKER
03-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Cluck'n and scratch'n in the shop for the last couple of weeks now! I'm going to try and get some pics up of a Tom from last year to get everyone warmed up.

proguide66
03-15-2012, 07:33 PM
http://youtu.be/h8SPtIlUx7k here's a funny quick clip from this am in Alabama...we called up 4 of em ( loads of wicked footage)...shortened it up a bit. We got a double and the second one came at me and was between me ( camera) and the two shotguns..almost like he was lining me up to get shot ! Anyway , I got up to scoot him back into the line of fire and we ended up in a tussle !!:lol:

bcbrez
03-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing. Damn that got me pumped up, guess I'll go scouting today.

Good Old Outdoors
03-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Got me excited to go out and scout too! Hows the snow levels out in the hills down there? Roads here are still a bit too icey to go looking for sheds up here. I havent had a chance to make a trip down that way yet.

huntwriter
03-16-2012, 04:33 PM
http://youtu.be/h8SPtIlUx7k here's a funny quick clip from this am in Alabama...
now that is a funny video if ever I seen one. Where in Alabama did you hunt?

SHAKER
03-16-2012, 11:12 PM
lol.... Just check out the video, good thing they don't have Grizzly bears down there!

Nathaniel Poe
03-17-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm thinking of buying a new .22 magnum for gobblers! Or maybe one of them newfangled 17 caliber rimfires! Bet you can smoke a turkey at almost 100 yards with one of them new zipperoo guns! LOL!

proguide66
03-17-2012, 04:52 AM
We hunted Green county , they are tough sons of b's down there.I soccer kicked that ******* in the head as hard as I could...didnt do nothing! haha....

proguide66
03-18-2012, 02:27 PM
http://youtu.be/eS2yQ0HWGTM Here's some more to pump up the turkey chasers...made it on the plane yesterday to help kill the flight time.

braggadoe
03-19-2012, 04:23 AM
http://youtu.be/eS2yQ0HWGTM Here's some more to pump up the turkey chasers...made it on the plane yesterday to help kill the flight time.

Great clip! Makes me home sick,roll tide!

Off topic: your wolf snaring clips are awesome, i used some of your tips/tactics successfully on my line this winter, hope to do better next year. Thanks for putting those up.

bcbrez
03-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Less than a month to go..

Went out and had a look around on the weekend and was happy to see the snow is going fast and saw lots of birds too. One group had 17 toms. That's the most I've seen together. I'll be watching that group and I'll try to get some pictures this week.

CANADIAN TIRE in Trail has donated a bunch of prizes to the contest. Once I go through them all I will post them.

thumper1
03-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Next time I'm in Trail - I'll be sure to shop in your Cdn Tire. Thx!

coach
03-19-2012, 09:56 AM

Great video, Proguide66. Very high quality picture!

I haven't hunted turkeys much - although I've seen them several times and own several different calls. Those bongo sounding things right before the shot - do they pack easily?

NickH
03-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Sounds like fun.

Count me in!!

proguide66
03-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Great video, Proguide66. Very high quality picture!

I haven't hunted turkeys much - although I've seen them several times and own several different calls. Those bongo sounding things right before the shot - do they pack easily?
That was actally drum stcks on my forehead ! I found out years ago its a natural hollow /wood kinda sound , pack em in my shirt pocket !!:mrgreen:

bcbrez
03-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Less than a month to go. Anyone been out looking for birds yet?

List updated.

43 people now;

BCBrez
shallowH2O
rocksteady
igojuone
.300WSMImpact!
hunting_princess
JoshCampbell
Good Old Outdoors
Springpin
SHAKER
nickroth89
ang_brez
Brez
livingston
braggadoe
elkeater
300H&H
treeclimber
coach
KB90
palmer
ryancoe6
Quesnel Kid
huntwriter
tundra
bobboa
mr_verbatim
Rackmastr
Command
thumper1
little moose
Stringy
Champman96
grizzlybern
redlady
triggr31
driblet
boscheefish
SavageShooter
DaDukez
bforce750
rogerb
NickH

I will be sending PMs to everyone on the list when the contest starts with a reminder to check what team you end up on.

uraarchr
03-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Sign me up.were expectin another kid mid April but Im gonna really try to get out.Hopfully my kid wont have to pee this time right when the gobblers in close.This one will b a bowhunt

bcbrez
03-28-2012, 06:59 AM
Anyone else interested in this years turkey contest? Only about a week left to sign up.

We have 44 people in so far and lots of good prizes this year. I'm looking forward to hearing lots of success stories this year.

grunion
03-28-2012, 05:53 PM
I would like to join the fun. Not sure on how to post pics, is it okay if I draw one?.... Count me in please

Good Old Outdoors
03-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Yesterday was the first time i had time to do some scouting, and not to mention my first time scouting for turkey. I looked out by beaverdell, and carmi first, some of the roads werent plowed so i couldnt get in too far. Then took beaver creek main all the wat to Christian valley, saw at least 50-60 whitetail, got a rough location on at least one gobbler. What a rush to hear the gobbler return the call :D. Anyone that knows Christian Valley well enough want to show this newb the ropes?

boscheefish
03-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Ya i find more success on foot so i can see tracks so on,
You should go back to that location where u heard a gobble and definately spend some more time there, good luck its alot of fun

Good Old Outdoors
03-29-2012, 08:51 PM
I plan to in the next week or so, I should see if i can dig up some snow shoes and give it another go. The wind made the sound of the gobble really faint, and the direction impossible to guess, unless I was surrounded by turkey.

braggadoe
03-30-2012, 06:55 AM
it's best not to educate the turkeys by using a turkey call while scouting. your better off using a locator call. crow call or owl hoot, you can just crow call with your voice,extremely loud. owl hoot morning and evenings. it's fun getting out there!

SHAKER
03-30-2012, 08:39 AM
it's best not to educate the turkeys by using a turkey call while scouting. your better off using a locator call. crow call or owl hoot, you can just crow call with your voice,extremely loud. owl hoot morning and evenings. it's fun getting out there!

Thanks Brag, good advice to EVERYONE! Don't educate them unless your some kind of tree hugger that don't want anyone shoot'n e'm.

grizzlybern
04-01-2012, 10:26 AM
two weeks to go,saw tracks but no turkeys. this weather sucks,rain rain and more rain

Good Old Outdoors
04-02-2012, 08:06 AM

Yep, its good info and thats is what I do, I have a crow call, its worth every penny

bcbrez
04-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Yeah the crow call works good, so does an owl call. If you don't want to buy one you can just mouth call like an owl too.

Brez
04-02-2012, 10:15 AM
A couple (few) years ago I met some turkey hunters who got replies from their alarm clock when it went off in the morning. Same guys called a tom away from me with their shotgun that they were patterning. Sounded better than my box call, I guess.

Good Old Outdoors
04-02-2012, 02:08 PM
When I was talking with Othmar, he told me about a friend of his whole locates turkeys with an air horn. There is something about a loud noise in a gobblers area that makes them gobble so he says. But responding to a shotgun..... Thats pretty awesome.

Brez
04-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Yeah, i just got him within range and then they started shooting and every time they shot, he would gobble and run down the hill towards them. I hooked up with them later to ask if they got him but they hadn't seen him. That's when they told me about the alarm clock thing.

OutWest
04-02-2012, 06:15 PM
They'll shock gobble at just about anything. Had 'em gobble at the truck alarm a few times now.

huntwriter
04-02-2012, 08:10 PM

Very sage advice. Nothing is worse then using turkey calls when scouting. Equally bad is using turkey calls before you're set up and ready to hunt. All you achieve with blind calling is to educate the birds. When a gobbler hears a hen call he comes looking for one if he doesn't find what he came to see he knows something is very wrong, he will NEVER be fooled that easily again. ;)

OutWest
04-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Here is the Tom I shot with ryancoe6 last year. It was his first morning Turkey hunting and I really wanted him to get the bird. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way as the Tom came up my side. We switched the camera and shotgun but were unable to get the shot on film. It was a great spittin' and drummin' show nonetheless. Called this gobbler in from a very long ways away. Enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2805322584434

OutWest
04-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Make sure you select to view it in HD and turn the speakers up! Oh ya, I think you have to have Crackbook to view this video because for some reason it wouldn't let me embed it.

coach
04-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Awesome video, Nick!! Can't wait to experience that myself this year. Thanks for posting.

OutWest
04-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks, coach. It's a hell of a rush. I really wanted Ryan to get that bird but it's just the way things work out sometimes. Hopefully I can bring one in for him again this year. Glad you enjoyed it.

coach
04-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Thanks, coach. It's a hell of a rush. I really wanted Ryan to get that bird but it's just the way things work out sometimes. Hopefully I can bring one in for him again this year. Glad you enjoyed it.

I thought it was great - especially the expression on his face when he heard the tom responding. Too bad you couldn't get the shot on video, but I'm well aware of how that goes. I hope you get more footage this season. Always fun to watch other HBC'ers hunts.

OutWest
04-02-2012, 09:34 PM
I thought it was great - especially the expression on his face when he heard the tom responding. Too bad you couldn't get the shot on video, but I'm well aware of how that goes. I hope you get more footage this season. Always fun to watch other HBC'ers hunts.

Appreciate the compliments. Oh there's plenty of footage of our hunts. Been filming for a few years now. You'll get to see more.

grizzlydueck
04-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Okay i'm in !

bcbrez
04-03-2012, 10:34 AM
List updated. 46 people now;

BCBrez
shallowH2O
rocksteady
igojuone
.300WSMImpact!
hunting_princess
JoshCampbell
Good Old Outdoors
Springpin
SHAKER
nickroth89
ang_brez
Brez
livingston
braggadoe
elkeater
300H&H
treeclimber
coach
KB90
palmer
ryancoe6
Quesnel Kid
huntwriter
tundra
bobboa
mr_verbatim
Rackmastr
Command
thumper1
little moose
Stringy
Champman96
grizzlybern
redlady
triggr31
driblet
boscheefish
SavageShooter
DaDukez
bforce750
rogerb
NickH
uraarchr
grunion
grizzlydueck

bcbrez
04-05-2012, 09:59 AM
One week left to sign up.

If you don't see your name on the list and want to join in let me know soon.

SHAKER
04-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Please say your going to pick the teams before that........ I'm gone friday morning..... GOBBLE Gobble gobble!

bcbrez
04-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Nope. Says in the rules cut off for sign up is the 12th then teams will be made up.

OutWest
04-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Finally got the video to embed. For some reason you can't select to view it in HD now that it is embedded on this site :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:. Ah well, I'm frustrated enough with it so you guys will have to watch a grainy video. Hopefully it still helps to get you excited if you aren't already. This is ryancoe6 and myself last May. I did the filming until after I took the shot.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2805322584434

grizzlybern
04-06-2012, 12:50 PM
great video guys,now i kind of know where to hunt in your area,thanx

grizzlybern
04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
just kidding,good luck opening morning

Brez
04-06-2012, 01:56 PM
good video, guys. What kind of call did you use? It sounded real good too.

300H&H
04-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Nice video Nick...see you in the bush soon.

huntwriter
04-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Great video Nick. There is nothing like the booming gobble of a mature tom answering to a hen call. The expression on the face of the young man upon hearing that gobble is priceless.

OutWest
04-07-2012, 10:42 AM
good video, guys. What kind of call did you use? It sounded real good too.

I just use some diaphragm calls from Quaker Boy. I prefer them over any hand held calls. The video makes it seem like I was calling a lot more than I was. It took 45 minutes to bring this Tom in from a long ways away. He was coming in so I didn't actually do that much calling. I would call every 5-10 minutes until he got close.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Brez
04-07-2012, 11:01 AM
I kind of thought they were diaphragms. Thanks. Good luck this year.

bcbrez
04-08-2012, 01:00 PM
List updated. 51 people now. We lost Tundra do to work.

BCBrez
shallowH2O
rocksteady
igojuone
.300WSMImpact!
hunting_princess
JoshCampbell
Good Old Outdoors
Springpin
SHAKER
nickroth89
ang_brez
Brez
livingston
braggadoe
elkeater
300H&H
treeclimber
coach
KB90
palmer
ryancoe6
Quesnel Kid
huntwriter
bobboa
mr_verbatim
Rackmastr
Command
thumper1
little moose
Stringy
Champman96
grizzlybern
redlady
triggr31
driblet
boscheefish
SavageShooter
DaDukez
bforce750
rogerb
NickH
uraarchr
grunion
grizzlydueck
Caveman
Brambles
doubled
Lil Bow Pete
SweetShot
mark

I will be make the teams up early to give teams more time to plan any trips. Will have them posted in the next couple days and will be sending PMs to everyone on the list when the contest starts with a reminder to check what team you end up on.

Thanks everyone for supporting this event, and have fun.

SHAKER
04-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Getting close now boys!.... I'm ready to let the feathers fly!

bcbrez
04-08-2012, 01:55 PM
OK the teams have been made up. We had 47 people signed up so I made 6 randomly selected teams. I'll post the teams here for now and then make each team their own thread page tomorrow. Start thinking of team names so we can get them in early.

TEAM #1

ang_brez
grizzleydueck
Good Old Outdoors
rocksteady
uraarchr
Brez
Quesnel Kid
nickroth89

TEAM #2

300H&H
Rackmastr
ryancoe6
JoshCampbell
triggr31
SavageShooter
DaDukez
Command
Lil Bow Pete

TEAM #3

bforce750
ShallowH2O
rogerb
treeclimber
grizzlybern
palmer
driblet
mr_verbatim

TEAM #4

Campman96
braggadoe
huntwriter
redlady
.300WSMImpact!
thumper1
KB90
NickH
mark

TEAM #5

BCBrez
boscheefish
igojuone
hunting_princess
SHAKER
coach
babboa
little moose
SweetShot

TEAM #6

Caveman
Brambles
Springpin
Stringy
elkeater
grunion
livingston
doubled

Good luck teams.

Anyone one on TEAM #5, my team ( the winning team ) PM me with where you are planning to go or if you need any ideas.

shallowH2O
04-08-2012, 02:22 PM
hey bcbrez, you been smoking some of that good old kootney turkey poo--------------Team #5, my team (the winning team)

Brez
04-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Ever wonder why that Kootenay Green is so good?......Turkey poo. And, I thought you quit that, bcbrez!

rocksteady
04-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Bah !!!! Team 1 is going to be the number #1 team.....HAH!!!

Good Old Outdoors
04-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Team 1 for the win! Scouting tomorrow, I will keep the team posted.

We need a team name! Any ideas?

thumper1
04-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Sorry boys, Team #4 is going to take this one! I'm even employing my no-fail decoy!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/Canmoron/posters%20for%20forums/awesome-viral-photos-this-week-thechive18.jpg

SHAKER
04-08-2012, 09:50 PM
I really sorry for the poor picture... it was the best one I could find that got e-mailed to me..... my kid used my camera as a bowling ball..... FYI they don't work well for that! This is my dads Buzzard from last spring.
http://i42.tinypic.com/ici5jo.jpg

Brez
04-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Nice colors! Looks like its got good spurs as well - biggest I've seen.

Brez
04-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Just watched 6 toms strutting their stuff this morning, before work. I'm Getting up early already. Boy, I got the bug!

bcbrez
04-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Ok all the Team threads have been made.

( Turkey contest team #1-6 2012 )

I know everyone is going to want their teams to win but also remember that we have some rookie turkey hunters signed up this year that are looking for help. We all know how much fun turkey hunting can be, so if you have the time please help to share the experience with someone who is looking to learn.
That being said, if you are one of the rookies this year make it known where and when you are willing to hunt. It also doesn't hurt to offer some beer, gas, or Tim Hortons.

I will also make up the contest scoring thread in the next while so you can see how your team is doing compared to the others.

bcbrez
04-09-2012, 11:06 AM
For the guys who noticed. The teams got changed around this morning. It started out at 5 teams of nine but as soon as I posted the team threads more people wanted into the contest. So I put the new guys into team 6 and then added one guy randomly selected by the guys I work with from each of the other teams. Team #6 is still down one person so they will get anyone still to sign up.

Sorry for any confusion.
Nick.

doubled
04-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Is it too late to be added to a team? I was a rookie last year but am looking to get rid of the cherry in my second year attempt.

bcbrez
04-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Is it too late to be added to a team? I was a rookie last year but am looking to get rid of the cherry in my second year attempt.

You will be added to team #6.

doubled
04-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Right on, thank you sir!!!

Lil Bow Pete
04-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Can I play too? Is it too late too join? Got a tom last year and I will do my best to do it again even if I can't play.

bcbrez
04-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Can I play too? Is it too late too join? Got a tom last year and I will do my best to do it again even if I can't play.

I will put you on a random team and then let you know some time today.

bcbrez
04-11-2012, 09:29 AM
The teams have been made but the cut off for sign up is still the 12th, so anyone still wanting in can do so.

bcbrez
04-12-2012, 07:33 AM

You've been drawn to be on team #2.

doubled
04-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Hey BCbrez, did you get Mark on a team or was he put on ours?

bcbrez
04-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Didn't know he wanted on. I sent him a PM asking if he was joining but no reply and he didn't post anything here.

doubled
04-12-2012, 08:00 AM
He posted on our team thread (team#6) asking to join our team.

bcbrez
04-12-2012, 08:05 AM
He posted on our team thread (team#6) asking to join our team.

If he wants to join he would be put on a random team. That being said team #2 and #5 just got an extra player. So he would go to one of the others giving him a 25% chance to be on yours.

doubled
04-12-2012, 08:10 AM
No worries, just was wondering if he got in.

SweetShot
04-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Hey this is sweetshot, I would really like to be a part of the Spring Turkey Contest :)

bcbrez
04-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Hey this is sweetshot, I would really like to be a part of the Spring Turkey Contest :)

Ok your in and your going to be on team.............................................. .................................................. ..............#5.

SHAKER
04-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Finally found a decent pic of a Tom I did from last year. He still needed some finished grooming though.
http://i42.tinypic.com/35k9454.jpg

300H&H
04-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Damn Shaker, that looks great.

bcbrez
04-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Yeah, very cool Shaker.

Brez
04-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Hey, bcbrez, what are the final teams?

bcbrez
04-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Hey, bcbrez, what are the final teams?

TEAM #1

ang_brez
grizzleydueck
Good Old Outdoors
rocksteady
uraarchr
Brez
Quesnel Kid
nickroth89

TEAM #2

300H&H
Rackmastr
ryancoe6
JoshCampbell
triggr31
SavageShooter
DaDukez
Command
Lil Bow Pete

TEAM #3

bforce750
ShallowH2O
rogerb
treeclimber
grizzlybern
palmer
driblet
mr_verbatim

TEAM #4

Campman96
braggadoe
huntwriter
redlady
.300WSMImpact!
thumper1
KB90
NickH
mark

TEAM #5

BCBrez
boscheefish
igojuone
hunting_princess
SHAKER
coach
babboa
little moose
SweetShot

TEAM #6

Caveman
Brambles
Springpin
Stringy
elkeater
grunion
livingston
doubled

Anyone that wants to sign on before the 15th will still be aloud and will be put on one of the teams of 8. Some people are complaining that their team will be down a player so we may look at giving the teams of 8 a handicap. Was thinking extra points for each bird they get. What do people think about this?

Brez
04-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks for posting the teams, .....just as I suspected, The Dude is trying to get me in trouble.
I think one person, more or less won't matter, as long as everyone gets out and tries.

bcbrez
04-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks for posting the teams, .....just as I suspected, The Dude is trying to get me in trouble.
I think one person, more or less won't matter, as long as everyone gets out and tries.

My thoughts as well.

Brez
04-13-2012, 01:40 PM
I see we are getting slagged by very Shallow people on Team #3! What's their name again? Short Spur-ters?

SHAKER
04-13-2012, 10:15 PM
LOL......... Man I'm love'n this, I'm gone in the morning so good luck to ALL of you and lets keep the good times going! I know we couldn't have this much fun with a Deer contest. Everyone seems to put the ego's aside cause it's still just fun no pressure contest and great way to get the hunting season going. Cluck Cluck purrrrrr........ BOOM! See ya'll in a week!

OutWest
04-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Just want to wish everyone from teams 2-6 good luck as you will need it a lot more than team #1! Derek, it's too bad I won't be there until the end of the week but try not to knock off all the birds from that spot.

bcbrez
04-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Opening day tomorrow :-D. Good luck everyone. I'm looking forwards to see some pictures and hearing some good stories.

Nick

Brez
04-15-2012, 04:29 AM
It's 4:30 and bcbrez just headed out. I'm gone too. Good luck everyone!

DaDukez
04-15-2012, 05:21 AM
must be nice... Have to get ready for work... Good luck Tommy Gunners, and the rest of you.... I hope your days are full of hens... and thats it :twisted:

shallowH2O
04-15-2012, 07:04 AM
good luck all !! save a few till wednesday when i get there

kootenaycountry
04-15-2012, 08:48 AM
I would like to join up if not to late, I have been trying to get through but the site would not let me in. I would get messages that would say things like it was still processing the request.Anyways I`m in if not next year for sure.