PDA

View Full Version : new to hunting

biggunner
10-14-2006, 02:09 PM
hey

just started to get into hunting and was wondering if you had any tips on a good place to go like 4 or 5 hours drive from the van area for mulies. any help would be appreciated

browningboy
10-14-2006, 09:41 PM
:twisted: Dude thats a very broad statement, thers sooo many areas to go to, this also depends on the style of hunting you're planning on doing (hiking, atv, road hunting etc.) A ggod spot to start would be by Westbridge (by Rock Creek) there is pressure but the amount of deer will get your heart pounding, get out of the truck and go up a deer trail and your odds will increase and outside hunting pressure will decrease. Another area is Hat Creek area, it holds large mulies as well, boneparte lake area but stay lower and the gang ranch area by Clinton, theres miles of road to get lost in, you just have to get out there and find an area that you like and that will be "your area".8)

mrdoog
10-14-2006, 09:48 PM
Pretty broad question:
-4 hours puts you in Muley central, Kamloops North Thompson.
I've hunted the area for decades, taken a few big boys.
My Dad and I disagree on which side of the river to hunt, he likes the skull mountain area.
I like the area across the river from there.
If you're willing to drive, I would hunt around Barriere.

ruger#1
10-14-2006, 10:01 PM
go up past spuzzum, cross the Frazer . there is a small gravel pit. the road is cattermole main, i d not know if they took the gate down yet, take this road, it will t. north is area 3 and south is area 2 . north is where the gate used to be. there are also moose in this area and the odd elk. take a fishing rod the creeks up there hold some nice trout, if you go back there far enough you will come up to the shale peaks you see on the chouqahala. and there are some nice muleys in that area. also go to Boston bar , cross over to north bend.then follow the river to lyyton, hunt along the river benches, you will have to walk through about 25yrds of thick brush then it opens up. its a good area for muleys.

biggunner
10-15-2006, 11:37 AM
thanks for the advice,ya it was a pretty broad question just looking for general areas to start in,

thanks again now i gotta get out there a bag me a big one

browningboy
10-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Good Luck!

Will
10-15-2006, 01:40 PM
...any tips on a good place to go like 4 or 5 hours drive from the van area for mulie
Nothing like Narrowing it down abit.........:lol: :lol:

Lots of Great places within that Range from Van, Region 3 is always a Good Bet......especially now, it's ANY Buck Oct ! :razz:
Good Luck:cool:

biggunner
10-15-2006, 07:57 PM
well if i could narrow it down abit then i wouldn't need help cause then i'd already know where to go.

cheers

Will
10-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Sorry my help wasn't More Specific.
BTW, You're Welcome :|