PDA

View Full Version : Ziess Warranty

rec
02-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Got my Ziess binos back sent them in ,,could'nt focus left side they put in new lens and fixed the focus by the time dust cleared cost me $160.00 with shipping and taxes ..some life time warranty that is on the other hand had my Leuopold fixed a couple years ago all I payed for was shipping to them got them back like new.

Brambles
02-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Did you not buy them from an authorized dealer or somthing?

elkdom
02-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Got my Ziess binos back sent them in ,,could'nt focus left side they put in new lens and fixed the focus by the time dust cleared cost me $160.00 with shipping and taxes ..some life time warranty that is on the other hand had my Leuopold fixed a couple years ago all I payed for was shipping to them got them back like new.

I am offering you $200 for these ZEISS Binos,,,,,,,,,,:-D

burger
02-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I am offering you $200 for these ZEISS Binos,,,,,,,,,,:-D

I'll go $250 just cause i'm in a good mood

The Hermit
02-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Throw those things off the roof and buy a good set of binos!! LOL

rec
02-06-2012, 10:49 PM
doest'nt matter where or who you buy them from lifetime warranty is lifetime

pnbrock
02-06-2012, 10:51 PM
ill go $300 keep them for a spare.

Gateholio
02-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Most warranties dont' cover "abuse" so if they deemed it was your fault that might have been a consideration. I've had Leupold charge me for stuff when it's clearly been my fault.

Brambles
02-06-2012, 11:36 PM

Your orignial post is hard to read, are you complaining about something or ?????? Sounds like your complaining about the $160 ???

bosca
02-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Most warranties dont' cover "abuse" so if they deemed it was your fault that might have been a consideration. I've had Leupold charge me for stuff when it's clearly been my fault.
If there is any sign of impact on the body of the binos (or any optic equipment) most manufacturers will consider the warranty void and charge for the repair. The difference comes in with the repair time, communication....good customer service. So far my best experiences with warranty issues is with Leoupold.

BCRiverBoater
02-07-2012, 05:31 AM
$160 is cheap to keep a pair of bino's in the $1500 range. I would take that every few years any day to keep my high end optics in good condition.

rec
02-07-2012, 11:03 AM
no damage but used for quite a few years still look realy good sure $160. is cheap for a like new pair of Ziess all I'm saying is don't expect to send in your binos in for clear warranty work and not get a bill

Brambles
02-07-2012, 11:09 AM
My zeiss binoculars came back in October, i paid shipping to them and they paid return shipping, there was no bill or balance owing. I have also sent my spotting scope back and expect the same.

Sounds like there might be more to this story??

Shooter
02-07-2012, 11:12 AM
I would get a hold of them and ask them to clarify what the charge was for when it was supposed to be under warranty. Then you will know.

elkdom
02-07-2012, 11:12 AM
no damage but used for quite a few years still look realy good sure $160. is cheap for a like new pair of Ziess all I'm saying is don't expect to send in your binos in for clear warranty work and not get a bill

I think you pi$$ed them off at the ZEISS warranty depot,

when you spelled their name wrong,,,it is ZEISS !, not Ziess :?

they dinged you $160 for BAD SPELLING !:mrgreen:

TSW
02-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Maybe you SHOULD have dropped them and done some damage! My friend dropped his on his tile floor and damaged them, admitted it was his fault and they still fixed it at no charge. The only thing he paid was to ship it down there IIRC.

gerrygoat
02-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Maybe you SHOULD have dropped them and done some damage! My friend dropped his on his tile floor and damaged them, admitted it was his fault and they still fixed it at no charge. The only thing he paid was to ship it down there IIRC.

I was there when he dropped them, it wasn't nice to see the big crack in the lens. With the problems the original poster had it makes me leary of ever getting anything Zeiss.

kayjayess
02-07-2012, 01:40 PM
I have had great experience with Zeiss. I had a set of diafun binos and when one of the lenses let go - it fogged up - I sent them away and - although it took quite some time I had a brand new set of conquests in my hands - no charge (other than the original cost to ship to them). Great company and great product.

Brambles
02-07-2012, 02:04 PM

As a matter of fact it does matter where you buy them from, if you didn't buy them from North america and or from a Zeiss Authorized dealer then that means for your lifetime warrenty they won't even look at them at Zeiss USA, they send them right to Zeiss germany. Thats probably where the shipping charges came from, they are probably willing to eat domestic shipping but not international shipping.

TSW
02-07-2012, 02:16 PM
I was there when he dropped them, it wasn't nice to see the big crack in the lens. With the problems the original poster had it makes me leary of ever getting anything Zeiss.

I don't think I'd be leary. One bad experience among many overwhelmingly positive experience is bound to happen with any company. I'm not calling rec a complainer by any stretch-he may have had a legitimately bad experience with Zeiss. Someone else may have a bad experience with Leupold or Swaro or Leica. No company will have 100% satisfaction, there will always be the odd (probably legitimate) complaint. Even when the warranty sounds absolutely bulletproof (cough...vortex) there will be people who have good experiences and terrible experiences. These forums are good to hear and get a collective idea of how the company's handle their customers and what happens when the bino's hit the floor!

Brambles
02-07-2012, 02:21 PM
I don't think I'd be leary. One bad experience among many overwhelmingly positive experience is bound to happen with any company. I'm not calling rec a complainer by any stretch-he may have had a legitimately bad experience with Zeiss. Someone else may have a bad experience with Leupold or Swaro or Leica. No company will have 100% satisfaction, there will always be the odd (probably legitimate) complaint. Even when the warranty sounds absolutely bulletproof (cough...vortex) there will be people who have good experiences and terrible experiences. These forums are good to hear and get a collective idea of how the company's handle their customers and what happens when the bino's hit the floor!

That makes too much sense, you should be BANNED...LOL